Value of: Boone Jenner to COL

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Far from it. Olaussen has little value to us. Put Ritchie back in and keep Texier, I’d do it.

Jenner, Texier
For
Johansen, Byram, Ritchie, 1st

You gain 3.8 mill in cap space, Jenner for 2.5 more years and Texier as an RFA.

We have to eat Johansen’s deal for another year, get Byram who I think is good but admittedly isn’t having his best year (and has some injury concerns), Ritchie (a top prospect) and a late 1st round pick 25OA+.

Paraphrasing Moneyball: That's going to be a hard no on Ritchie. But let's keep going.

Avsavsavsavsavs

Nov 30, 2017
Paraphrasing Moneyball: That's going to be a hard no on Ritchie. But let's keep going.

Would it be nice to keep Ritchie sure, but the Avs would be all over this deal if it was presented to them. Taking Ryjo + giving the Avs almost 3 more years of contending comfortably with this core is worth a steep price.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Can he play a quick gamd? Like get the puck and move it quickly. And take passes in transition and dump it in?

That's the type of guy who will succeed in the Aves system. Guys who create offense by slowing things down are a bad fit. But they don't necessarily have to be super fast skaters.
Maybe; that's not the sort of thing I normally notice unless the whole team has bought in, so I'm not really sure.

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
Jenner is good but wow it says a lot about how terrible the C market is that the Avs fans are seriously considering the offer of Ritchie+1st+Byram for him.

Maybe Roslovic can be a cheaper target for the Avs. I am sure CBJ would move on from him for a 2nd or a 3rd.

Linds

Makalder
Jun 20, 2016
Canada
Jenner is good but wow it says a lot about how terrible the C market is that the Avs fans are seriously considering the offer of Ritchie+1st+Byram for him.

Maybe Roslovic can be a cheaper target for the Avs. I am sure CBJ would move on from him for a 2nd or a 3rd.
Any Avs fan with a brain is not considering this. Byram straight up for Jenner wouldn't happen never mind adding 2 more 1sts

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Any Avs fan with a brain is not considering this. Byram straight up for Jenner wouldn't happen never mind adding 2 more 1sts

Combination on Byram having a bad year, Ritchie being under-hyped relative to his season and a low 1st in a contending year. They're all available in the right deal, but I'd have difficulty seeing them all go for Crosby, let alone Jenner.

Cost control has value as we've seen, but I still wonder how much. Feels like it's mostly just Tampa inflating that market.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
What kind of player is texier these days? I don’t get to watch a lot of cbj even though all the Avs seem to do is target their players lol.
2nd - 4th line forechecker player with good skill, but does not have the hockey sense to play with high IQ players. He performs his best away from elite players which is kind of odd. PK guy with good speed. Should score more for how much natural skill he has IMO.

Reactions: Avsfan1921

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Far from it. Olaussen has little value to us. Put Ritchie back in and keep Texier, I’d do it.

trouble.gif

What kind of player is texier these days? I don’t get to watch a lot of cbj even though all the Avs seem to do is target their players lol.

Strong forechecker and scorer on our 4th line, disappointing scoring when he was higher up the lineup. One of our very few players who can play a grinding game. Not a good year compared to his year two years ago (before he left) but I know what he's capable of and I'd much rather keep Tex for a future shutdown line.

Can he play a quick gamd? Like get the puck and move it quickly. And take passes in transition and dump it in?

That's the type of guy who will succeed in the Aves system. Guys who create offense by slowing things down are a bad fit. But they don't necessarily have to be super fast skaters.

That's pretty much Boone Jenner. He gets through the neutral zone in a hurry, usually dump and chase. He only carries it in if it's wide open.

If he's retained down to $2m, then we'll see if we get some competing bids for Roslovic. I don't think he'll be missed much and no one will mind if it's just a 3rd rounder in return. Very skilled player but goes on long scoring droughts. He's a strong player who can play with an edge but so rarely does it. Just soft as shit most of the time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad