Value of: Best Center MN Can Get With a 2nd Round Pick

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I don't think that any player available to MN for a 2nd is going to be much of an upgrade over Sturm, Gaudreau, and Dewar. All are fast, and defensively responsible. Gaudreau has been disappointing offensively, you can do a lot worse than those three.

I keep getting Marcus Johansson flashbacks.

Reactions: rynryn

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Here is a list of names I would be good with from teams that may be sellers and guys that may be on the move:

Stastny
Zacha
McCann
Strome (either one, though I'm not sure Ryan is available)
Suter (this is really pushing the limit and I'm not sure he would be viable as he has another year)
Copp

Obviously it's a short list. Some people might think those guys are worth more than a 2nd, but most of those should be able to be had for a 2nd+something lesser than a 2nd at most, given the bandwidth taken up by guys like Hertl, Miller, Giroux, Pavelski, etc if they end up on the block.

Some of these have been brought up already in this thread, and you'll notice I didn't list them in the guys I didn't like for a 2nd. The point is we want to use a 2nd to upgrade Gaudreau, so bringing up guys like Blake Lizotte, Chris Tierney, Johan Larsson doesn't really do anything because none of those are offensive upgrades on Gaudreau.
Ryan Strome SHOULD be available b'c NY cannot extend him at any price. Howev, I don't put it past Drury to be stupid and self rent then let him walk a la Tavares, wasting opportunity for 2nd + or late 1st

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
And it has to be Refresh Mango, the hardest one to find
fa44e3ac-5d12-491d-98b4-ba117535f566_text.gif

Dickie Dunn

Jan 4, 2016
Minneapolis
very simple
A 3rd this yr NY does not have and a future 2023 2nd, full pop. Pay a little more if we retain. Fair?

Wow.....the server supporting this site really needs some new hamsters.

Yeah, I for sure think this is fair. And I would probably do it but I bet there are Wild fans who wouldn't. I still haven't decided if this Wild team is really that good or just a really fun team to watch that happens to be riding a nice wave. But I think I would do it.

Reactions: bernmeister

samsagat

Jun 20, 2013
Drouin has another year on his contract so it would require retention. I don't think Drouin is the style of player that would succeed in the Wild system. They strike me as valuing "being hard to play against" and that isn't really Drouin's style.

Drouin's been constantly good in the playoffs since his debut in the NHL.

He might be a good low cost bet for an astute GM.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad