Value of: Best Center MN Can Get With a 2nd Round Pick

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
The smartest low risk deal the Wild can make is for Stastny. He won’t WOW you by any means, but he’s just an overall very effective player who makes those around him better.

He still proves he is clutch in big games as in last year’s playoffs he scored a BIG Overtime winner in the Jets sweep of the Oilers.

I’m in favor.

Reactions: Thechozen1

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Last call: have not seen anything better than Strome. Something around Strome for Greenway +?
They're not going to sign-and-trade Greenway.

I don't personally have any problem with Strome but Russo's mentioned a few times that the Wild brass aren't fans of either Ryan or Dylan (along with Monahan and Domi). I guess that could change, but I doubt it.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
They're not going to sign-and-trade Greenway.

I don't personally have any problem with Strome but Russo's mentioned a few times that the Wild brass aren't fans of either Ryan or Dylan (along with Monahan and Domi). I guess that could change, but I doubt it.

thanks for the intel. Pity as some here were open to that pre-extension, which I consider in this case to add value to MIN. Suspect you are correct and just wanted an accurate read of the tea leaves.

PS kudos to the Wild on a great game they had vs Rangers the other night.

Dickie Dunn

Jan 4, 2016
Minneapolis
thanks for the intel. Pity as some here were open to that pre-extension, which I consider in this case to add value to MIN. Suspect you are correct and just wanted an accurate read of the tea leaves.

PS kudos to the Wild on a great game they had vs Rangers the other night.

That was a good game. Rangers are legit. I wish Fox had played though.

jgimp

Sep 18, 2017
Ripley, Ont
Stasny may be one of the better options. Great in the room. Good playoff experience. Very intelligent on the ice and reasonable cap hit. He is the kind of player who makes his line mates better

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Sign Staal for free after the Olympics , if he plays well of course . It hard to have rational conversation on here . There are posters that don't have the ability to make a fair offer . You will get " only on HF is magic beans more valuable then an actual NHL player" While they don't consider the teams cap , whether the team is rebuilding or contending .

Last edited:

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
too slow.
we finally get up tempo and now people want to import a guy getting slower.

Reactions: GuerinUp

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
If you want anything more than a rental consider Lars Eller who at the time was a good 3C cost 2 2nds.

So a rental middle 6 or if you want term a meh 3C

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
stastny. still high hockey-iq, great play-maker, and scores his goals in the dirty areas. still good on the dot and rates well in all-around play. his shot ain't the best and obviously hasn't been a burner for a few years now. but still an effective C.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Last call: have not seen anything better than Strome. Something around Strome for Greenway +?
I liked what I saw of Strome when we played you. Don't think that is the direction that MN wants(or can) go in, though, due to $$. We are screwed starting next year.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
So you are prbly looking at a middle 6 kind of centre as a rental 40-50 points decent defensively kind of player.
Ideally, yeah, which is why Stastny stands out as an option. Someone quicker would be better, but I don't know that that player's going to be available on the rental market.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
IS HE. Not if that line is dependent on speed for attack and backcheck.

Speed isn't doing anything for Gaudreau in the offensive zone. He still can't handle, shoot or pass the puck.

Reactions: Soldier13Fox

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Ideally, yeah, which is why Stastny stands out as an option. Someone quicker would be better, but I don't know that that player's going to be available on the rental market.
Hopefully others think that way as well so the Jets can get a second and a good prospect or 2 2nds for him.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Hopefully others think that way as well so the Jets can get a second and a good prospect or 2 2nds for him.
It's hard to say. If Miller, Hertl and Giroux all move before the trade deadline it might eat up the buyer's side of the center market.

And with Minnesota in particular I wouldn't expect them to add much to the 2nd - regardless of what fans think of him Evason seems to be a big Gaudreau supporter. And the team might be a lot less open to marginal upgrades than we are on here.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
It's hard to say. If Miller, Hertl and Giroux all move before the trade deadline it might eat up the buyer's side of the center market.

And with Minnesota in particular I wouldn't expect them to add much to the 2nd - regardless of what fans think of him Evason seems to be a big Gaudreau supporter. And the team might be a lot less open to marginal upgrades than we are on here.
Yep I'm not really hoping for anything more than a 2nd, I'm just saying it would be nice.

Reactions: Bazeek

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad