Value of: Best Center MN Can Get With a 2nd Round Pick

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

jgimp

Sep 18, 2017
Ripley, Ont
too slow.
we finally get up tempo and now people want to import a guy getting slower.

Stasny I’m assuming? That guys IQ is high enough that he doesn’t need to be fast. He’s always in the right spot at the right times.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
I don't doubt Stastny is better at hockey. I do still think that line is better with someone faster.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I don't doubt Stastny is better at hockey. I do still think that line is better with someone faster.

Speed doesn't mean anything on that line if you can't play the skill/possession game that Fiala and Boldy do. And Gaudreau can't. Speed and skill would be great for that line, but those players are often much more expensive, if they're even available to begin with.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
1. Was hoping that would not be the case, but as it appears it is,
2. Welcome to the club
Is it Fox's contract kicking in that is the problem? If so, we are in a similar situation with the Suter/Parise buyout penalties kicking in.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
Stasny I’m asI suming? That guys IQ is high enough that he doesn’t need to be fast. He’s always in the right spot at the right times.

that's what he used to be. He's one of those guys Wild fans have been bringing up for years and I think nostalgia is getting to people. Again, I could be wrong. I haven't done this yet so not trying to prove a point or anything. What did Guerin say about Gaudreau when he signed him. Is there reason to suspect he's disappointed? I don't think he was plan "A" when signed but I've been under the impression this is what they wanted from him. Versatility and not being slow. Guerin and Evason keep talking about locker room and how sometimes making minor changes can screw things up, too, for however optimistic you are about him being an upgrade he isn't going to be that much of an upgrade or no one would give him up for a 2nd. Also the right shot left shot thing.

I used to love the idea of Stastny on the Wild but I just don't see the attraction anymore.

nstarjim

Jul 5, 2018
Tired of the wild adding old bald tires for a playoff run in years past personally. Wish Gaudreau worked out, but don't want to compound the situation with stasny.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad