Value of: Best Center MN Can Get With a 2nd Round Pick

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
Price would be a lot lower, and he's 100% a depth option, but I'm sure Tierney will be available. I could even see a trade around Tierney and Rask, probably with a mid-round pick (4th or 5th) coming Ottawa's way.

Colin White is another option.... will be back in March and can be bought out for ~800k cap hit x 5 and an ~650k cap credit x 1.

Eegs

Jan 9, 2018
BC
Drouin has another year on his contract so it would require retention. I don't think Drouin is the style of player that would succeed in the Wild system. They strike me as valuing "being hard to play against" and that isn't really Drouin's style.
He's hard to play with, does that count??

Reactions: Deam78

heisenbergsitti

Aug 23, 2021
Jonathan Drouin isnt necessary the ideal guy to play C but if a 2nd is all youve got to offer he could be a fit (hasnt played primarily C since 16-17 I think tho)

Drouin isn't a c, and has a bad contract! He's also not a good player.

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
If the Jets fall off you could probably get Stastny for a 2 nd and a 4 th rounder!

why the extra 4 th….. just because! “ we live in a different world than we did jyst a moment ago” Kevin Costner Draft day……

also the extra 4 th would replace their already traded 4 th round for the 2022 draft

You pancake eating mf...lol

Reactions: Deam78

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Why would Strome be available with the Rangers leading the Metro?
As answered many times beginning next yr for 2 seasons or until Trouba's 8m cap hit can be moved [he exerts full nmc til then] we need all of
Strome + Geo + Nemeth + Hajek to go + recovery of 1.5 on Hank buyout to equal the 11m+ increases to Zib + Fox. THERE IS ZERO way we can keep him, or anyone else going in his stead, going forward. Self rental is imo ridiculous overindulgence and I believe we are best served giving those mins to Chytil, Barron [good on faceoffs] and not unimportantly, when he gets here in 5ish or whatev wks, Kravtsov.
Smart move is take picks which don't add to cap, and then use or flip for higher or package to upgrade existing selections.

So yeah, we shouldn't give him away for free, but should make him available recent on the market which, no retention = last 1st or equiv, more if we retain. Can do 2022 3rd + 2023 2nd, like that.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Drouin has another year on his contract so it would require retention. I don't think Drouin is the style of player that would succeed in the Wild system. They strike me as valuing "being hard to play against" and that isn't really Drouin's style.

He's played in that kind of system (Julien) for most of his career, so he can absolutely play in that system. But you don't want him at center.

heisenbergsitti

Aug 23, 2021
He's played in that kind of system (Julien) for most of his career, so he can absolutely play in that system. But you don't want him at center.

Minnesota doesn't need Wingers especially a player who doesn't play defense, and hasn't been good since leaving Tampa. Rem p is like him in that his refusal to play defense is what ended his time in Minnesota. If you don't play a two way game, you aren't long for regime .

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Minnesota doesn't need Wingers especially a player who doesn't play defense, and hasn't been good since leaving Tampa. Rem p is like him in that his refusal to play defense is what ended his time in Minnesota. If you don't play a two way game, you aren't long for regime .

1) I never said Minny would want him.
2) Drouin wasn't good in Tampa, his best season was in Montreal.
3) He's definitely better than Rem P defensively.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Lots of responses with players that clearly aren't worth a 2nd from teams trying to sell their scraps for a 2nd.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad