Rumor: Avs Reached out to Chicago about Patrick Kane

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Byram and Newhook? yeah nah...
Avs gotta give someone better to get someone line Patrick Kane

Devon Toews (28), Andre Burakowsky (26), Alex Newhook (21) -> Hawks
Patrick Kane (33) -> Avalanche

That cap hit would go about even, Hawks would get a good c/w prospect + 2 x key pieces to d and f
who are both at their prime, but who are not old, who have 5-7 years left in their prime years.

And Avs would get a ridiculous huuuuge boost to their offense which would increase their Stanley Cup changes
they can replace Toews with Byram

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
Fair. But the last time Tuch played he was on pace for 49 points, and absolutely everything else still applies.

Tuch’s definitely a great player, and he’s taking this opportunity with additional minutes and responsibility to really show how great he is. Just wanted to clarify that he wasn’t viewed as a PPG guy at the time of the trade

Reactions: Dipsy Doodle

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Two totally different teams and rosters IMO. The Avalanche are good enough to win a cup as is the Leafs aren't IMO. I think a player like Kane makes it difficult to imagine anyone save for Tampa beating them.

Who knows tho, you obviously know more than I do since I'm a casual observer. I just think, if Kane is available and fits cap wise, every team should be prioritizing it, regardless of roster composition.

Fair, but our biggest weakness is the lack of depth that gets exposed come playoff time, so as nice as Kane would be his cost would cut even further into our depth. I'd rather see us target lesser guys (Copp, Lehkonen etc) than blow our load on a big fish if it meant dealing Newhook/Byram.

Reactions: Richard88

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Two totally different teams and rosters IMO. The Avalanche are good enough to win a cup as is the Leafs aren't IMO. I think a player like Kane makes it difficult to imagine anyone save for Tampa beating them.

Who knows tho, you obviously know more than I do since I'm a casual observer. I just think, if Kane is available and fits cap wise, every team should be prioritizing it, regardless of roster composition.

Kane does nothing to help the defense though, and especially if the trade were to involve Byram, it actually makes our defense significantly worse.

I mean, literally just look at our Defense right now. We're not joking when we say Jack Johnson is our #4Dman. It doesn't matter how good your offense gets, if Jack Johnson is playing in your Top 4 you aren't winning shit.

The Avs need Byram to get healthy and play a big role for us if we want to win a cup. And if that cant happen, they need to spend some likely quality assets on improving the Defense quite a bit. Beyond the Top 3 its pretty much a disaster right now.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
lol cant wait to see the avs trash offers :laugh:

according to avs fans byram and newhook are not available so not sure how there going to get him.

Wait I forgot about kaut. chicago is probably dying to add kaut and a late first :laugh:

Yep, I'm not sure there is a more delusional fanbase on here than Avs fans. And so cocky and arrogant despite winning like 3 playoff series in the last decade.

I bet they want Kane but are unwilling to part with a 1st or any of their top prospects.

Reactions: AvsFan29

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Yep, I'm not sure there is a more delusional fanbase on here than Avs fans. And so cocky and arrogant despite winning like 3 playoff series in the last decade.

I bet they want Kane but are unwilling to part with a 1st or any of their top prospects.
You're not worthy enough to comment on our fan base.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis

What?

We're literally in here offering up our 1st + Kaut. You can't find a top prospect that's available better than Kaut AND we're willing to add our 1st.

But nice try!

Reactions: Tralfamadore

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Sakic had a contender. It’s his job to kick tires. So he’s kicking. Good on him for working the phones.

this Kane one won’t go anywhere. But Eklund is sure to pick it up and play pretend.

kthx

Bedard to Bruins 2023
Apr 24, 2019
Avs just need P. Kane, JT Miller and Giroux but 1st, Newhook and Byram are definitely not available!!
Offers starting from Jost+2nd and a capdump. Reasoning: Sakic is not stupid.

Reactions: Nona Di Giuseppe

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
What?

We're literally in here offering up our 1st + Kaut. You can't find a top prospect that's available better than Kaut AND we're willing to add our 1st.

But nice try!
Kaut is barely worth a 3rd round pick at this point.

Price is similar to what Colorado got for duchene.

2023 1st + Barron (bowers level prospect at the time of trade) + helleson (girard level prospect) + 2022 2nd or Liam foudy (makes up the 2nd round pick value)

that’s less than what duchene returned as his return also included a 3rd and kamenev

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Career AHL'er scoring .5 ppg as a D+4 and a late 1st?
That's fair, nothing delusional about that offer.

He's a recent 1st round pick with NHL experience. He's still worth a late 1st AND we are adding another 1st on top of that.

Honestly, 1st + Kaut is worth more then Kane without retention. Probably close to fair value for Kane @ 50% though.

kthx

Bedard to Bruins 2023
Apr 24, 2019
He's a recent 1st round pick with NHL experience. He's still worth a late 1st AND we are adding another 1st on top of that.

Honestly, 1st + Kaut is worth more then Kane without retention. Probably close to fair value for Kane @ 50% though.

More delusional than Leafs fans. Congratulations.

Reactions: OTC

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
If I'm Colorado I find away to make it happen.
holding onto futures year after year throughout your best years to win seems pointless
if you can add an elite piece like Kane at the price of your top prospect+++
worth it
Windows only last so long in the salary cap era with MacKinnon coming up on a new contract and its going to be a big one. time to go all in is now.
Worry about the future later and hope you hit big on mid-late picks in the draft.

Reactions: OTC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad