Rumor: Avs Reached out to Chicago about Patrick Kane

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Kane’s not a top-10 player in the league.

Also, Byram is really good. There’s no ‘could’ about it. I don’t know how much him being injured takes down his value, but a stud 20-year old defenceman has more value than a 33-year old top line forward.

Unfortunately his injury history drops his trade value significantly I would imagine

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Your team is one of the best in the league with an opportunity, allegedly, to add one of the best clutch players of his generation. Your roster doesn't need to be perfect to win a cup anyway.
Yeah but we can't Toronto Maple Leaf our way to the cup. I'd rather have us make a huge trade for a guy like Chychrun than Kane tbh.

Blacephalon

Oct 12, 2018
That's why it's a 1st PLUS Kaut.

It's almost two firsts in value. There's no way Kane gets more value then that.

lol a late first and a meh prospect. how could any team not beat this amazing offer.

@Foppberg remember what I was saying about avs fans thinking kaut and a 1st was an amazing offer. And this guys not the only one. There are a lot more that have mentioned that but you might not have seen it since they were avs fans.

Blacephalon

Oct 12, 2018
Yeah but we can't Toronto Maple Leaf our way to the cup. I'd rather have us make a huge trade for a guy like Chychrun than Kane tbh.

chyhrun is not going to be cheap either. kaut + 1st for chychrun. lets go.

avs can add in amazing middle 6 jt compher too :laugh:

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick

Two totally different teams and rosters IMO. The Avalanche are good enough to win a cup as is the Leafs aren't IMO. I think a player like Kane makes it difficult to imagine anyone save for Tampa beating them.

Who knows tho, you obviously know more than I do since I'm a casual observer. I just think, if Kane is available and fits cap wise, every team should be prioritizing it, regardless of roster composition.

Blacephalon

Oct 12, 2018
Kane’s not a top-10 player in the league.

Also, Byram is really good. There’s no ‘could’ about it. I don’t know how much him being injured takes down his value, but a stud 20-year old defenceman has more value than a 33-year old top line forward.

39 games and hes a stud.

calm down. with Byram's injury concerns not sure many teams would take him over kane at 50%

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
We don't even know if he will play another game...what team is trading their top trade chip for a huge question mark.

Hes a unreal young player and I agree with u... teams won't trade their best trade piece with Byram being the main piece in return... his injury is extremely serious and very scary

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
I don't see this happening Colorado doesn't even have this year or next years 1st round pick nor a 2 d round pick lol...

I can't see Chicago moving kane without a 1st round pick at minimum coming back....

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
lol a late first and a meh prospect. how could any team not beat this amazing offer.

@Foppberg remember what I was saying about avs fans thinking kaut and a 1st was an amazing offer. And this guys not the only one. There are a lot more that have mentioned that but you might not have seen it since they were avs fans.

housewives-bethany.gif

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Byram + Newhook ++ is nuts. Sakic won't do that. Byram has a ton of value, despite his concussion issues. Trading Byram before we see what we have, would be a colossal mistake.

We have no issues scoring goals anyways. We need to improve our depth, not add an expensive high end talent like Kane.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis

@Foppberg see, he was right all along!!!

Reactions: strictlyrandy

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Byram + Newhook ++ is nuts. Sakic won't do that. Byram has a ton of value, despite his concussion issues. Trading Byram before we see what we have, would be a colossal mistake.

We have no issues scoring goals anyways. We need to improve our depth, not add an expensive high end talent like Kane.

I think its fair to say Byram probably doesn't have much value right now. Certainly not none, but no team is paying what he should be worth given his concussion concerns.

But, the Avs also aren't going to just trade him away for pennies on the dollar either. It actually doesn't make sense for anybody to trade Byram at the moment.

Hopefully he's back in the lineup in the next couple of weeks, and he can slot next to Girard for a lengthy playoff run that hopefully culminates in a Stanley Cup for the Avs in a few months.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
That’s not how you evaluate trade value, Tuch at the time of the trade was two years removed from his best season, and coming off shoulder surgery. At the time of the trade he was not viewed as a PPG power forward.

That would be the equivalent of saying the Avs have to pay Byram, Newhook and a 1st for Kane, and then if the Avs blue chippers hit their potential, coming back around and saying “lol, they got ripped off, what a bunch of chumps”

Fair. But the last time Tuch played he was on pace for 49 points, and absolutely everything else still applies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad