Rumor: Avs Reached out to Chicago about Patrick Kane

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
Does Colorado even still have there 1st round pick? Colorado like most contenders doesn't have the cap space so one would assume with most of these teams salary has to go back... I'm starting to think Kane will be moved bynthe trade deadline, his speech the other day opened the door to being traded as understanding its business....

Dan Kelly

Sep 27, 2017
Ya, probably not enough to essentially guarantee Colorado a cup.

During the Ducks/Knights game, they showed again what Eichel cost Vegas to get and it was Krebs, Tuch, a 1st and a 2nd. Granted Kane is a first ballot Hall Of Famer but the deal would likely be something along these lines....Byram, Newhook and a 1st and 2nd? This is the year that the Avs MUST win the cup in my opinion because they risk watching both Kadri and Burakovsky bouncing as UFA's wanting gigantic pay raises and to me Kane would give them the best chance they will ever have !!

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
No interest in trading Byram for Kane, or Miller straight up.

Now if we want to get creative and go for a bigger deal, I’d be open to it.

Maybe something like:

To Chicago:
Byram, Ranta, 2023 1st, Compher, Murray (cap dump)

To Colorado:
Kane (50% retained), Murphy

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Yes.... Which also means I know what the f*** I'm talking about for my favorite team.

Or are you about to tell me a Defense that features Jack and Erik Johnson, and Ryan Murray for half of it, is an over the top guaranteed cup winner?

Once again, LMAO

Unsure why u are acting bizzare here.

I like the Avs and feel Kane would make them a favorite... settle down wow.

Lol I come to this thread and basically compliment your team and then u spout off how they basically aren't already one of THE favorites to win the Cup this year.

Geeze I hope all Avs fans aren't like this

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI

Lol I come to this thread and basically compliment your team and then u spout off how they basically aren't already one of THE favorites to win the Cup this year.

Nah, he's pretty insightful but also a psycho.

But he's our psycho. :nod:

Reactions: BSHH

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis

Yes play the victim card. Your post history is all anyone needs to read.

Reactions: strictlyrandy
Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site

Avs fans have watched this team for a while. It would be amazing to add a Giroux or a Kane, but that wouldn’t fix the teams major holes. Having two dominant offensive lines won’t cover for two black hole bottom-6 lines that sometimes contribute more to the other team than to the Avs.

It also wouldn’t fix the Avs blueline devolving into a one pairing 6-pack, as was previously mentioned, that would mean it’s guaranteed Jack Johnson, Ryan Murray and Erik Johnson would be forced to play meaningful minutes.

To give perspective, this would be the Avs team assuming a deal around Byram, Newhook and a 1st

Landeskog-MacKinnon-Rantanen
Nichushkin-Kadri-Kane
Jost-Compher-Burakovsky
O’Connor-Maltsev-Aube-Kubel

Toews-Makar
J Johnson-Girard
Murray-E Johnson

Kuemper
Francouz

That’s awful depth throughout the lineup.

Reactions: Richard88

Blacephalon

Oct 12, 2018
Ranta’s a mid-level prospect and Compher, while a little overpaid still provides 3rd line production.

And btw… Byram is worth more than Kane.
WOW. Sums up avs delusions right there.

byram could be really good but the fact you think he has more value than a top 10 player in the league at 50% for 2 years really shows you have no idea how to value anyone

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida
That’s not how you evaluate trade value, Tuch at the time of the trade was two years removed from his best season, and coming off shoulder surgery. At the time of the trade he was not viewed as a PPG power forward.

That would be the equivalent of saying the Avs have to pay Byram, Newhook and a 1st for Kane, and then if the Avs blue chippers hit their potential, coming back around and saying “lol, they got ripped off, what a bunch of chumps”
And Eichel at the time of the trade had his ability to play again in question.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Yes play the victim card. Your post history is all anyone needs to read.

Wtf are you talking about?

U know when someone disagrees with u on here it can be a friendly disagreement.. you realize that right? ..

you don't think Kane puts u guys as clear favorites, but I do.

Man, actually reading that over, I CAN see why you got this upset :help:. my bad

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
WOW. Sums up avs delusions right there.

byram could be really good but the fact you think he has more value than a top 10 player in the league at 50% for 2 years really shows you have no idea how to value anyone

Kane’s not a top-10 player in the league.

Also, Byram is really good. There’s no ‘could’ about it. I don’t know how much him being injured takes down his value, but a stud 20-year old defenceman has more value than a 33-year old top line forward.

Blacephalon

Oct 12, 2018
Oh. OK you're right.

My offer is Kaut + 1st

Does That satisfy your needs?
I think that a solid offer, it’s basically two firsts for an older player with a big contract. Really, the Avs are doing Chicago a favour taking on this anchor

lol. late 1st plus meh prospect is fair value come on. kaut is 22 and has 16 points in 28 in the ahl in his d+4 season. hes not worth a first at all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad