Rumor: Avs Reached out to Chicago about Patrick Kane

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
No counter. If that's your offer then Avs will gladly not even approach the table.

You highly overestimate your young (and in Byram's case, precarious) assets relative to Patrick Kane at 5.25 mil per for 2 playoff runs.

Kane is one of very few players who can single-handedly tip scales on a team looking to get over the hump.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
You highly overestimate your young (and in Byram's case, precarious) assets relative to Patrick Kane at 5.25 mil per for 2 playoff runs.

Kane is one of very few players who can single-handedly tip scales on a team looking to get over the hump.

Yeah, the Avs are going to pay more for 1.5 years of Kane then Vegas paid for 5 years of Eichel.

:laugh:

Reactions: Jeff Whelbourn

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
If you were pretty certain a deal would put you over the top , why not overpay? If know you’re current roster is as good as it’s going to get for the next couple of years (one or more of Kadri Nuke Burakovski leaving ) nows the time to make a move.
Bolts overpaid for Coleman and Goodrow but the gamble paid off.
If I was Joe, if one of Newhook or Byram plus a pick did the trick, I would say get er done. Entire purpose of building a team is to win a cup. Why hold back? I understand not wanting to mortgage the future on a risky gamble but the Avs are so deep and Kane would make them so good …. Screw the future . You will still have a very good team without Newhook or Byram. Win the cup and still be good for years to come.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Kinda seems like with the insane emergence of Devon Toews, Avs fans would be ok with moving someone like Byram to get Patrick Kane.

Kane is still one of the best difference makers in the league

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Yeah, the Avs are going to pay more for 1.5 years of Kane then Vegas paid for 5 years of Eichel.

:laugh:

They wouldn't be. Tuch is an established 25 year old 6'4" power forward who can skate like a house on fire, has 23 points in 24 games, and is signed through '25-'26 at 4.75 mil per - clearly better than any of the Avs assets in the Kane proposal.

But more than that, Kane is an elite player who can take over playoff series by himself, let alone adding him to the Avs core. He would make the Avs the overwhelming Cup favourites. That's the sort of acquisition you pay through the nose for.

Reactions: Stubu

Azrael89

Feb 13, 2017
Kinda seems like with the insane emergence of Devon Toews, Avs fans would be ok with moving someone like Byram to get Patrick Kane.

Kane is still one of the best difference makers in the league
The problem is both of Newhook and Byram being in the deal on top of a first. That's too big of a bite out of the future.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
If you were pretty certain a deal would put you over the top , why not overpay? If know you’re current roster is as good as it’s going to get for the next couple of years (one or more of Kadri Nuke Burakovski leaving ) nows the time to make a move.
Bolts overpaid for Coleman and Goodrow but the gamble paid off.
If I was Joe, if one of Newhook or Byram plus a pick did the trick, I would say get er done. Entire purpose of building a team is to win a cup. Why hold back? I understand not wanting to mortgage the future on a risky gamble but the Avs are so deep and Kane would make them so good …. Screw the future . You will still have a very good team without Newhook or Byram. Win the cup and still be good for years to come.

There's no such thing as a deal that "puts you over the top" or guarantees the Avs a cup though.

That's the issue.

Plus, we don't need Kane. The Avs already have 3 game changing forwards, and this year we have a 4th one so far with Kadri.

We really don't need Kane. He'd certainly be a nice addition to the team and obviously he's a phenomenal talent but he's not the player thay puts Colorado truly over the top.

So for that reason alone it's not worth it for the Avs to blow all of our assets on one player that doesn't put this team over the top.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
They would need a broker to make Kane's contract fit. But that would also mean someone would get a substantial piece to take on this year and next as a percentage, which then gets into picks next year and beyond since the Avs don't have their 1st or 2nd this year.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
They would need a broker to make Kane's contract fit. But that would also mean someone would get a substantial piece to take on this year and next as a percentage, which then gets into picks next year and beyond since the Avs don't have their 1st or 2nd this year.
The Hawks can retain by themselves, they don't need a broker to do it.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
There's no such thing as a deal that "puts you over the top" or guarantees the Avs a cup though.

That's the issue.

Plus, we don't need Kane. The Avs already have 3 game changing forwards, and this year we have a 4th one so far with Kadri.

We really don't need Kane. He'd certainly be a nice addition to the team and obviously he's a phenomenal talent but he's not the player thay puts Colorado truly over the top.

So for that reason alone it's not worth it for the Avs to blow all of our assets on one player that doesn't put this team over the top.

Totally disagree... he 100% puts Avs over the top.

Reactions: Twinsmagic

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
upload_2022-3-4_21-38-18.gif

Blacephalon

Oct 12, 2018
avs fans think 1st, byram, newhook is going to get them seider and larkin. that just sums up their delusion. no wonder there max offer for kane is 1st and kaut plus garbage roster player

Reactions: Nona Di Giuseppe
Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
They wouldn't be. Tuch is an established 25 year old 6'4" power forward who can skate like a house on fire, has 23 points in 24 games, and is signed through '25-'26 at 4.75 mil per - clearly better than any of the Avs assets in the Kane proposal.

But more than that, Kane is an elite player who can take over playoff series by himself, let alone adding him to the Avs core. He would make the Avs the overwhelming Cup favourites. That's the sort of acquisition you pay through the nose for.

That’s not how you evaluate trade value, Tuch at the time of the trade was two years removed from his best season, and coming off shoulder surgery. At the time of the trade he was not viewed as a PPG power forward.

That would be the equivalent of saying the Avs have to pay Byram, Newhook and a 1st for Kane, and then if the Avs blue chippers hit their potential, coming back around and saying “lol, they got ripped off, what a bunch of chumps”

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
avs fans think 1st, byram, newhook is going to get them seider and larkin. that just sums up their delusion. no wonder there max offer for kane is 1st and kaut plus garbage roster player

Are you making this assumption based on a post one poster (me!) made 5 minutes ago on the Avs board? Because it was pretty obviously a joke :laugh:

No need to paint an entire group with the same brush based on nothing.

Blacephalon

Oct 12, 2018
Are you making this assumption based on a post one poster (me!) made 5 minutes ago on the Avs board? Because it was pretty obviously a joke :laugh:

No need to paint an entire group with the same brush.

I know it was a joke but it sums up my point that avs fans think that kaut +1st is some major package which is ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad