Rumor: Avs Reached out to Chicago about Patrick Kane

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Pierce, I often enjoy your posts and value your insights, but I do wish you'd stop fanning the flames on the main board with sarcastic posts like you've been doing. That does nothing to contribute to a good conversation and only leads to the derailing of threads like this which are a cesspit to read through and also make Avs fans as a whole look foolish.

For other's reference here are some of Pierce's recent posts about Kaut from HFAvs threads:

He single handedly ruined and derailed a thread that I thought would have been a pretty cool thread to read about an insane talent like Kane coming in and joining the rest of an extremely talented Avs squad.

Went from a "holy shit Kane to Avs potentially??!!" Type thread to a "my god this thread is annoying and I hope all Avs fans aren't like this" type thread... which is too bad

Ahhh well, I'll keep watching the Avs this season and cheering for them as one of the teams I wanna see win a Cup!!

Reactions: Taylorst

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Giroux, Claude is a great player, but he's not Kane, and he ain't coming in at 5.25 mil through next year.

Last 3 years:
Regular season: Giroux .78 p/g, Kane 1.16 p/g
Playoffs: Giroux .5 p/g, Kane 1 p/g

They are not the same.
You're right that Kane is probably the better player in isolation, but Giroux might be a better fit for Colorado given that he's a RHS and can play center as well. There's also a reasonable chance that he can be re-signed in the off-season if they acquire him.

As for those stats, it's pretty disingenuous to twist ppg stats like that to suit your argument. Whilst I'd agree that Kane's playoff stats are great, Giroux himself has 73 points in 85 games so to paint him as a 0.5ppg player isn't really fair. If you want to use playoff stats as a main argument you should also consider that Kane has only played 9 playoff games in the last 5 years, with all those games being in the bubble where Chicago wouldn't even have been without the the modified format.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
You're right that Kane is probably the better player in isolation, but Giroux might be a better fit for Colorado given that he's a RHS and can play center as well. There's also a reasonable chance that he can be re-signed in the off-season if they acquire him.

Kane is definitively a better player in isolation. Giroux might be a better fit, true.

As for those stats, it's pretty disingenuous to twist ppg stats like that to suit your argument. Whilst I'd agree that Kane's playoff stats are great, Giroux himself has 73 points in 85 games so to paint him as a 0.5ppg player isn't really fair. If you want to use playoff stats as a main argument you should also consider that Kane has only played 9 playoff games in the last 5 years, with all those games being in the bubble where Chicago wouldn't even have been without the the modified format.

Chicago is flat out a bad team, but Kane is regularly the best playoff performer on that team, which we cant say for Giroux. We can widen the aperture for Giroux's other recent playoffs if you like, but it doesn't look like it gets any better for him unless you want to go back to '13-'14, which hardly seems representative.

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
He single handedly ruined and derailed a thread that I thought would have been a pretty cool thread to read about an insane talent like Kane coming in and joining the rest of an extremely talented Avs squad.

Went from a "holy shit Kane to Avs potentially??!!" Type thread to a "my god this thread is annoying and I hope all Avs fans aren't like this" type thread... which is too bad

Ahhh well, I'll keep watching the Avs this season and cheering for them as one of the teams I wanna see win a Cup!!

They have a good team , kane would definitely improve their overall chances plus he can still play at a high level .... Colorado fans would have 2 years to win a cup

Reactions: Skinnyjimmy08

Azrael89

Feb 13, 2017

For me, I would love to add Kane, but the package could only include one of Newhook or Byram. I understand if Chicago balks at that, but the Avs shouldn't give up both in any deal for one player.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI

He's typically pretty insightful, or at least his posts usually have pretty good substance to them. Unfortunately he also goes full Ben Shapiro when you least expect it lol

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
For me, I would love to add Kane, but the package could only include one of Newhook or Byram. I understand if Chicago balks at that, but the Avs shouldn't give up both in any deal for one player.

Ya I would imagine Avs would only give up 1 of them in a package.. can't really see Avs giving up both

Reactions: Azrael89

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Kane already had his signing bonus paid this season. Next season he's owed 4 million in signing bonus and 2.9 base.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
As a hawks fan to expect both is being too greedy. Would love it but wouldn’t happen.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Could you imagine if we needed a goal in the final minute?

Landeskog-Rantanen-Kane
MacKinnon-Makar

Good God... Will never happen though.

How often would you really need a goal in the last minute?:laugh: I would assume Kadri is your sixth skater not listed here in the pulled skater for a final minute goal.

I mean yeah strange things can happen, but as people hate on Newhook and Byram needing to be involved, Kane isn't a one season player is one of the best players of his generation and makes a cup to the Avs in one of the next two seasons pretty much impossible not to envision. They should move heaven and earth for him if he is available.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I don't think the Avs could include both Byram and Newhook. This is probably fair value for Kane, but the Avs essentially have no futures after this deal.

I don't understand why that's fair value for someone who is 33 years old who is making 10.5 on the cap. He is great, but I think that's too much to give up for a guy that is on the back half of his career. You're not talking about a 23 year old Kane.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
You’re right. Kane has gotten better with age, especially as the team got worse around him

That's fine, but 2 top prospects? Seems very steep to me, even if Kane comes at 50% cap hit. There isn't 1 single player you can acquire that guarantees a team a cup, none. You can not guarantee them a cup so that's too much to give up.

OTC

Jul 11, 2018
The only thing I got out of this thread is how much Chicago fans want Byram :sarcasm:

But yeah this isn’t happening. Feel free to continue wasting your time here though.
Did you read the title of this thread? Avs reach out to Chicago. Byram is going to be great player if he stays healthy. Your GM won't give away the farm but you wont get Kane for free. I'm sure Chicago retains 1/2 on Kane. Should be interesting.

Drumman44

Kyle Beach Deserved Better
May 2, 2017
That's fine, but 2 top prospects? Seems very steep to me, even if Kane comes at 50% cap hit. There isn't 1 single player you can acquire that guarantees a team a cup, none. You can not guarantee them a cup so that's too much to give up.
No doubt. Sakic is a patient and shrewd GM. He wouldn’t trade both Newhook and Byram and would probably not trade Newhook for anything

DamonDRW

Dec 23, 2007
Tampere, Finland
If it is Byram + Newhook +some details for Kane, Avs shouldn't think twice. Their window is not that long while Kane is a real winner who makes difference in every shift, just like MacKinnon, you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad