Around The NHL Discussion 2021-22 Part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
I saw where the Sabres (who are off to a good start against an underwhelming early schedule...but good for them, sincerely) players got to choose their own goal songs. I think that's really cool. If I were a player, I'd use the following, just for the crowd participation:

I can just see the red light go on, the horn sound, and then:
"SONUVABITCH! Get me a drink!" Or maybe they should play it when the opponent scores.

My back-up song would be:

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
Everyone talking about the Blackhawks here, we can't ignore the Buffalo Sabres being 3-0 to start the year. Happy to see some of my friends that are Sabres fans enjoying the start of the season

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
Everyone talking about the Blackhawks here, we can't ignore the Buffalo Sabres being 3-0 to start the year. Happy to see some of my friends that are Sabres fans enjoying the start of the season
It’s all a mirage until they can keep it up for a whole season. I remember a few Buffalo fans who were all gung-ho about getting a top5 pick from the Blues while the Sabres were riding an 11 game win streak to 1st place. Only for the team to go 16-33-8 after reaching the top.

I do genuinely feel bad for the non-toxic Buffalo fans though. They deserve better than multiple failed rebuilds in a row.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis

Sabres usually get off to a good start and are a raging dumpster fire by December.

Reactions: mk80

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Shakey Allen 80% vs Sharks

They are booing to Habs. Maybe we hear Bronx cheers soon. :laugh:

Now we seen when Allen is #1 team goes downhill.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Shakey Allen 80% vs Sharks

They are booing to Habs. Maybe we hear Bronx cheers soon. :laugh:

Now we seen when Allen is #1 team goes downhill.
The Habs lost a ton of their players to injuries. Including Weber and Eddy. Their team has little to no defense and look putrid. That's not fully on Allen, you can only do so much as a goalie.

Especially when your team has more games played than goals scored.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
The Habs lost a ton of their players to injuries. Including Weber and Eddy. Their team has little to no defense and look putrid. That's not fully on Allen, you can only do so much as a goalie.

Especially when your team has more games played than goals scored.
That team was Stanley Cup finals last season. Missing 2 players doesn't make a trick?

isn't?

giphy.gif

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
That team was Stanley Cup finals last season. Missing 2 players doesn't make a trick?

isn't?

giphy.gif
Yeah, it's actually a bit more than two. But, hey whatever it takes to flame Allen. It's not like he didn't have to deal with it his entire career here as well.

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
I'm loving the Hawks' awful start and Seth Jones' contract schadenfreude. Not that I have anything against Jones, but I wish nothing but the worst for Chicago.

I think the way the best players on a team play have so much to do with how the rest of the team plays and responds. O'Reilly was a huge part of that for the Blues. The team developed an inner fire that only flickered previously.

When Chicago was good, they had several players who were unaffected when they were scored against because they had the swagger and confidence that they'd keep playing well and burn you on the next shift. Now that Toews is a shell of his former self, the team is led by Kane and Debrincat, both of whom coast and cheat more than they should. Kane's not as bad about it (still not great), but Debrincat would drive me nuts as a Hawks fan. Multiple times in yesterday's game, he swooped and turned away from a puck he could have made at least a 50/50 battle, but he just didn't feel like going behind the net or doing the dirty work. When your best players play like that, the rest of the team doesn't bare down, either. As much as the fans want Colliton gone, I'm not convinced much changes until their best players play with guts.

You could see it in Colorado. Even before they added Makar and Girard, MacKinnon had flipped the switch. He played brainless hockey and tried to rely too much on his speed and stickhandling. When he decided to play a more relentless style, you could see the culture of the entire team and the attitude of the players solidify around him.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
I think the way the best players on a team play have so much to do with how the rest of the team plays and responds. O'Reilly was a huge part of that for the Blues. The team developed an inner fire that only flickered previously.

When Chicago was good, they had several players who were unaffected when they were scored against because they had the swagger and confidence that they'd keep playing well and burn you on the next shift. Now that Toews is a shell of his former self, the team is led by Kane and Debrincat, both of whom coast and cheat more than they should. Kane's not as bad about it (still not great), but Debrincat would drive me nuts as a Hawks fan. Multiple times in yesterday's game, he swooped and turned away from a puck he could have made at least a 50/50 battle, but he just didn't feel like going behind the net or doing the dirty work. When your best players play like that, the rest of the team doesn't bare down, either. As much as the fans want Colliton gone, I'm not convinced much changes until their best players play with guts.

You could see it in Colorado. Even before they added Makar and Girard, MacKinnon had flipped the switch. He played brainless hockey and tried to rely too much on his speed and stickhandling. When he decided to play a more relentless style, you could see the culture of the entire team and the attitude of the players solidify around him.

To be fair, Colliton should have been fired last season. They've been a train-wreck defensively his entire tenure, and it's hard to believe that he's able to command the respect that, say a guy like Berube, would have. Debrincat is a product of Colliton's lack of accountability. I'd worry about Chicago making the playoffs if they had a guy like Tortarella in charge. But with Colliton, the Hawks will go nowhere, regardless of how high they draft or who they sign in free agency.

Nikolajs Sillers

Jan 2, 2021
Tage Thompson is converted to play a centre in Buffalo and doing very well there.:)

Reactions: mk80

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Flames put Gawdin on waivers. He was the one pick that we gave up rights to that I thought we maybe shoulda signed. In hindsight, doesn't appear to have been great loss. If club wants do-over they can claim him on waivers, but I don't expect that we do.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Flames put Gawdin on waivers. He was the one pick that we gave up rights to that I thought we maybe shoulda signed. In hindsight, doesn't appear to have been great loss. If club wants do-over they can claim him on waivers, but I don't expect that we do.
Only player what I truly miss is Carrier.

Jeesus that trade was horrendous.

William Carrier trades - NHL Trade Tracker

Screenshot_20211021-010222.jpg

2015 that pick became Jack Roslovic

2016 3rd round pick went bust

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
I had hoped he could carve out a nice 3rd line role with the Flames after they signed him. Guess he's either too weak or doesn't have the drive to play the game the right way. He'd be nice to have on the AHL roster, but I doubt he has a chance to play real NHL minutes unless he flips a switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad