Around The NHL Discussion 2021-22 Part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
Note: VPN didn’t do anything for ESPN+. I’m still blacked out, which makes me wonder if they’re blacking me out because of my billing address? I’m not sure how else it would know that I’m in the STL market. However, I have spectrum internet and the Bally sports app, which is working (for now), even though I don’t have spectrum TV.

AVictoryDive

Jan 7, 2013
Collinsville, IL
Note: VPN didn’t do anything for ESPN+. I’m still blacked out, which makes me wonder if they’re blacking me out because of my billing address? I’m not sure how else it would know that I’m in the STL market. However, I have spectrum internet and the Bally sports app, which is working (for now), even though I don’t have spectrum TV.
Same for me on ESPN+. No idea why

Stelmacki

May 2, 2017
Can anyone explain why people are so high on Winnipeg?

the-office-ellie-kemper.gif

Reactions: BlueOil

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017

I think they have some good pieces, but I don't see them as the 2nd best team in the division like many predicted before the season. It kind of bothered me how many picked Winnipeg and Chicago to finish ahead of the Blues but will make it all that much sweeter to prove them wrong.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
I read several projections that had Chicago as a playoff team. They don’t look very good so far. I think their defense corps is over-rated, and as likable as MAF is I think he’ll be a weak link this year.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
poor vegas is getting injuries

what a shame

have fun with your incoming AHL roster, creampuff.

Reactions: Reality Czech

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
I have them second to last ahead of Arizona
I may be a bit paranoid, but I saw promos for two of their games on ESPN and expected them to be one of the favorite television choices for obvious reasons. But hopefully they'll be awful enough that plan will be nixed.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Trying to watch the recording of the Colorado game on my PC with ESPN+. I got the message that its blacked out in my area. I'm about equidistant from Denver and Calgary as the two closest arenas, so its conceivable that it really is blacked out for Colorado.

(I was able to watch it live on DirecTV, but wanted to check out the ESPN+ features.) I'm a little worried that I'm not going to be able to watch as many Blues games as I thought I could on ESPN+. But really, black-outs shouldn't extend to geography 2 states away. And I thought the black-out restrictions were lifted on the rebroadcasts or recordings days later. ?

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
I like Linda Cohn as the host for In the Crease on ESPN+, but it would be nice if she had a second person with her. It really does seem like its her sitting in a studio watching a highlight show and rattling off a few comments, but her enthusiasm at least comes across as sincere. I'm a little disappointed they don't show all the goals of the game. The Blues/Colorado game got only a partial highlight Saturday, although there were 14 games that night. But other games had all the goals shown.

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
I like Linda Cohn as the host for In the Crease on ESPN+, but it would be nice if she had a second person with her. It really does seem like its her sitting in a studio watching a highlight show and rattling off a few comments, but her enthusiasm at least comes across as sincere. I'm a little disappointed they don't show all the goals of the game. The Blues/Colorado game got only a partial highlight Saturday, although there were 14 games that night. But other games had all the goals shown.

Go to YouTube and you can get the extended highlights that has all of the goals of the game.

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010

meet-your-2019-stanley-cup-champsthe-winnipeg-jets.jpg

i expect they'll be contentious in the regular season, but that old guard squad is notorious for playoff shortcomings. personally, i think wheeler and stastny are closer to retirement than a cup. their window is closing fast, but they've got a good starting goaltender and decent defense so anything is possible on paper. they started by dropping games to the ducks and sharks this year, which doesn't inspire a lot of confidence but could easily change. if contained to canada, they're a good team. against the rest of the league, fighting to stay with the middle of the pack feels more accurate.

Reactions: Moose and Squirrel

BlueMed

Jul 18, 2019
Good defense corps.

The top 6 is loaded, and they fixed the one main issue they had which was D.

Winnipeg has

Morrissey Schmidt
Dillon Pionk
Stanley Demelo

If that was our D core, people here would suggest blowing the team up and rebuilding next season...funny how our own team has to be perfect while other teams that look pretty average are considered "good"

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
yeah - Winnipeg's defense doesn't look much better than last year if their solution is Dillon & Schmidt. Poolman was terrible...but that group is still sub-par. They just shuffled the deck chairs on the Titanic...they didn't really 'fix' anything. They'll be a playoff team and their usual early out.

Reactions: Moose and Squirrel

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
yeah - Winnipeg's defense doesn't look much better than last year if their solution is Dillon & Schmidt. Poolman was terrible...but that group is still sub-par. They just shuffled the deck chairs on the Titanic...they didn't really 'fix' anything. They'll be a playoff team and their usual early out.
yeah, maybe their goalie makes their D look better than it is

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

BlueMed

Jul 18, 2019
As an FYI- Dom did his annual playoff/Cup prediction model.

Col - 112 pts
Min - 100
STL - 94
WPG & DAL - 91
NSH-86
CHI-85

Why do people continue to use Dom's models? His predictions are wildly inaccurate every single year. I'd rather put more stock into a weather man's forecast and we all know how difficult it is to predict when it's going to snow...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad