Around the NHL 10 - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
It's a 3 way tie.

The NHLPA needs to look at this. You can't have players playing for less than their value.

It’s odd his AAV is listed at in $5 million but his cap hit is $2.5. Really low for the value he brings.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Reactions: ps241

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Thousands of Drs driving taxis? Really?

Trouba's wife is a Naturopath, not recognized as a Dr in Canada - for good reason. Reducing the red tape involved in recognizing foreign trained medical professionals would be one thing. Lowering standards would be another thing entirely.

There is a world wide shortage of medical professionals. Do you really think the solution for Canada is to poach trained people from some other country which is already experiencing a severe shortage of trained medical professionals?
Pretty sure she's an osteopath

Edit: I see gmoney beat me to it

Regardless, there needs to be a better way of credentialing foreign trained professionals

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016

Some great nighttime reading from about page seven onwards.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
20221223_224756.jpg

Oof :laugh:
This guy still has cheer leaders on here some how tho

None

Feb 22, 2012
Maybe they recognize it early and move on

I wonder which happens first:
Bill Zito admits he made a mistake.
Or their ownership which is known to be pretty quick to interfere (for better or worse) makes the decision for him.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
I wonder which happens first:
Bill Zito admits he made a mistake.
Or their ownership which is known to be pretty quick to interfere (for better or worse) makes the decision for him.
No idea. I dunno why they just didn't let brunette roll with the job. There was gonna be roster turnover and some scale back for them this year. Teams don't often repeat 110-120+ pt years. Last team that had Maurice stuck with him for like 8-9 seasons though, he has a knack to stick around. so we'll see :popcorn:

None

Feb 22, 2012
No idea. I dunno why they just didn't let brunette roll with the job. There was gonna be roster turnover and some scale back for them this year. Teams don't often repeat 110-120+ pt years. Last team that had Maurice stuck with him for like 8-9 seasons though, he has a knack to stick around. so we'll see :popcorn:

Might be a case of the GM outsmarting himself. I wonder if Brunette was his hire or Quenneville's? I'm guessing Quenneville's given that Brunette played for him.
If he was let go just because he wasn't Zito's guy then that has to be a massive indictment of Zito.

Jet

Chibby!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Thousands of Drs driving taxis? Really?

Trouba's wife is a Naturopath, not recognized as a Dr in Canada - for good reason. Reducing the red tape involved in recognizing foreign trained medical professionals would be one thing. Lowering standards would be another thing entirely.

There is a world wide shortage of medical professionals. Do you really think the solution for Canada is to poach trained people from some other country which is already experiencing a severe shortage of trained medical professionals?
The solution is free education

Reactions: None and voyageur

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Might be a case of the GM outsmarting himself. I wonder if Brunette was his hire or Quenneville's? I'm guessing Quenneville's given that Brunette played for him.
If he was let go just because he wasn't Zito's guy then that has to be a massive indictment of Zito.
I think the playoffs had something to do with Brunette being let go. Maurice is going to be the fall guy but Zito has screwed the franchise big time since he took over. The Tkachuk trade didn't improve the forward group significantly or offset the defensive depletion. The Panthers had some bad contracts that would eventually catch up to them, like spending $15 million on a backup goalie, and 4th line RWer. Bennett and Reinhart had terrific seasons last year, but those may have been outliers. The defense is definitely worse than last year, Marc Staal is no replacement for Weegar, and the Panthers miss Ulf Samuelsson as much as anyone. Quenneville had a good coaching staff, and the credibility and respect of being a winner. Which Brunette profitted from. Now it's just a mediocre team with mediocre coaching. And tanking won't help them because the future was sacrificed in one calendar year. We'll see how long fans stick with a losing team, because I'm not sure a coaching change is will turn around this team instantly. I think the way ownership meddles in operations is a big problem for this team.

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
I remain convinced that the Jets recent bout of injuries and losing is a result of hockey gods punishment for Jets fans taking too much pleasure in Maurice's Panthers' losing. Let it go guys, it is bad karma.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
I think the playoffs had something to do with Brunette being let go. Maurice is going to be the fall guy but Zito has screwed the franchise big time since he took over. The Tkachuk trade didn't improve the forward group significantly or offset the defensive depletion. The Panthers had some bad contracts that would eventually catch up to them, like spending $15 million on a backup goalie, and 4th line RWer. Bennett and Reinhart had terrific seasons last year, but those may have been outliers. The defense is definitely worse than last year, Marc Staal is no replacement for Weegar, and the Panthers miss Ulf Samuelsson as much as anyone. Quenneville had a good coaching staff, and the credibility and respect of being a winner. Which Brunette profitted from. Now it's just a mediocre team with mediocre coaching. And tanking won't help them because the future was sacrificed in one calendar year. We'll see how long fans stick with a losing team, because I'm not sure a coaching change is will turn around this team instantly. I think the way ownership meddles in operations is a big problem for this team.
If florida thinks Bennett or Reinhart are thr problem I'll take either of them... asap please Chevy

Reactions: Jetfaninflorida
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad