GDT: Game 6: Sharks vs. Avs 5:00pm NBCSBA

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
I don't understand why people put so many marbles into Mukhamadullin. He's a rookie; he's 100% going to take some time to adjust.

A bright spot this season has been the big elevation in Eklund's game.
It's very funny how people continue to pencil Mukhamadullin in as a positive addition when he's played 3 NHL games and didn't look particularly good in his stint last year, he's going to be as wide-eyed and Bambi-legged as any of the rookies on the roster this year, it's just sad wishcasting from a hurt group of people

Eklund has been sick though, sign that guy long term at the moment free agency opens this summer, he's gonna be good

hotcabbagesoup

"I'm going to get what I deserve" -RutgerMcgroarty
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Not a popular thought but Thrun is looking much better in his board work. He’s moving people and poking the puck out at good times. He’s improving.

You mentioning Thrun poking the puck out at good times reminds me of Ferraro, who I think is declining. Ferraro seems to poke at the puck a millions times each battle and he rarely gets it. Not really using his body anymore just trying to wrap and poke lol.

TheBigDrunkPanda

Oct 19, 2021
I don't understand why people put so many marbles into Mukhamadullin. He's a rookie; he's 100% going to take some time to adjust.

A bright spot this season has been the big elevation in Eklund's game.
Yeah his peak potential is likely a #3 dman and people are acting like he’s ray borque. Throw in Woofsofskys terrible bench management who knows how it’s going to pan out

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Not a popular thought but Thrun is looking much better in his board work. He’s moving people and poking the puck out at good times. He’s improving.
He had a strong game, no question.

I don't like Vanecek's name being misspelled. That's a sign of a Mickey Mouse organization.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Sharkz4Fun

Feb 8, 2023
I officially no longer like warsofsky. The way he has mismanaged the roster and the complete lack on intensity on 5 on 3s is unacceptable. He is not doing well...
He's gonna get exposed bad like Keefe did.

Smith played almost 15 minutes tonight, swear he only had the puck on his stick for like 10 total seconds
I really sense a similar career path either to his billet father at best style wise (not good), or our former fan favorite #62 at worst.

Last edited:

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
I am not liking the powerplays and who is getting the ice time during them. It is the one time that smith should be top unit for, it's where his creativity with the puck should shine even if he is a little slow at reacting on the ice.

Shades of PDB's PP coach all over again. I can't remember that guys name.

BaileyMacTavish

Hockey lovin' wolf
Nov 8, 2010
San Jose
This mentality screams "We've tried nothing and we're all out of ideas".

Try a new pairing, call up someone from AHL, etc. Try something. If it doesn't work, then what is the harm?
Yeah fair. But I'm not ready for Cagnoni to come up.

Maybe you can call up Pulli for bottom pairing.
Benning and Rutta ideally are 7D

Walman-Ceci
Ferraro-Thompson
Thrun-Pulli
Rutta?

Honestly I have no clue. Ferraro is bad. Rutta as bad. Both together are unplayable. And I'm tured of Benning

Reactions: Sandisfan and Cas

coooldude

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2007
Through 6 games, 2023:
0-5-1, 23GA, 8GF

Through 6 games, 2024:
0-4-2, 26GA, 12GF

Slightly better than last year. If we get 1 more point every 6 games, that's 14 more points and we're at 61 points, right where Vegas put the over/under.

This is all as expected. At least Eklund looks good and Celebrini had a great start. Our prospects look good in lower leagues - hopefully in a few years they'll look good in the show. Unfortunately Smith is lost out there, but it doesn't really matter quite yet.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad