The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Certain team dropped below .500

1672101946187.png

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Countdown to second retirement?

Hey guys - I love Florida but man it kinda seems like I was serious when I said I was done with coaching. You're all real men and it been an honor... umm yeah later
Well he hasn’t quit yet!

like how Bowness has shown that there was a lot to work with here, even winning missing a half dozen regulars!

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

BoneDocUK

Recovering hockey fandoc
Oct 1, 2015
How is the iPhone/Apple password manager?

It's generally good IIRC -- will alert also if a PW has been compromised, though this isn't always an accurate measure of threat level. For more features there are Keeper, LastPass, DashLane, etc. Be prepared to invest some time to set up tho.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Rantanen has been really carrying the load with all of COL's injuries, no other teammate is at 10% of individual vs team GF.

McDavid has 66 pts.... CHI has 75 GF lol

1672185027967.png

SUX2BU

Average user of an average team
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
Vesalainen playing for Helsinki in the Spengler Cup

Wearing #10 and not contributing to scoring either

Edit: 1 assist

They’re down 4-2 in the second

Last edited:

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
I wonder if Zito even has autonomy to make a change at this point, his feet might be closer to the fire than Maurice's.
if so, that'd be quite surprising and a bit wild to me. & idk if he'd be out of a job long.

his first 1.5 years on the job he made some v good acquisitions and signings along w/ actual NHL success to back it up (0.700+ pts% in 2020-2021 and 2021-2022).

this has been a down year for sure, but i think a bit knee jerk for a GM that has generally made great moves. the chiarot trade was bad, as well as the maurice hire.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
if so, that'd be quite surprising and a bit wild to me. & idk if he'd be out of a job long.

his first 1.5 years on the job he made some v good acquisitions and signings along w/ actual NHL success to back it up (0.700+ pts% in 2020-2021 and 2021-2022).

this has been a down year for sure, but i think a bit knee jerk for a GM that has generally made great moves. the chiarot trade was bad, as well as the maurice hire.
The Tkachuk trade was pretty awful too, but I agree he’s mostly made smart, underrated, and good moves (Bennett, Reinhart, Verhaege, etc.)

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020

This last year smacks of owner interference...

Reactions: kanadalainen

None

Feb 22, 2012

Florida's owners have made pretty knee-jerk reactions in their recent history :dunno:

We also know Maurice is an expert at deflecting blame and coming up with excuses.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I wonder if Zito even has autonomy to make a change at this point, his feet might be closer to the fire than Maurice's.

We know they have a hands on owner. We don't know where the boundaries are.

They had an inexperienced young coach last year who did a mostly pretty good job. If it was up to me, I would have assumed he learned a thing or two last year and brought him back. Alternatively, I certainly would not have hired Maurice. Too much experience relative to success.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
true
but had anyone reached similar team success as zito prior to being let go? 2 division titles and a president's trophy his first 2 years. given years of ineptitude of previous regimes maybe they have a bit more leeway.
Florida's owners have made pretty knee-jerk reactions in their recent history :dunno:

We also know Maurice is an expert at deflecting blame and coming up with excuses.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015

The Elon Musk of the NHL. A few bad decisions and then the downward spiral.

None

Feb 22, 2012
true
but had anyone reached similar team success as zito prior to being let go? 2 division titles and a president's trophy his first 2 years. given years of ineptitude of previous regimes maybe they have a bit more leeway.

Hard to say because I think most would argue that a lot of the success was built on the backs of previous managers' decisions. The core group of players was assembled mostly by Dale Tallon (I think?) in his first stint with Barkov, Huberdeau, Weegar, and Ekblad or second stint if you want to include Lundell. Zito's absolutely added to their core with players like Reinhart, Duclair, and Bennett but with the first trade he made to really put his mark on the team with Huberdeau they've seemingly fallen apart.

None

Feb 22, 2012

Small competitive advantage to just eat the fine and have your team in their hotel at a more reasonable time rather than 2-3AM. I'd be surprised if they didn't ask at least some of the players what they'd prefer.

None

Feb 22, 2012

might be right @None

I think the Blackhawks started a trend of teams maximizing rest hours at home rather than on the road and limiting red eye travel when possible.

Jesus give me 100k and I'll give the entire Leafs team massages and happy endings

Yeah, I think it says quite a bit about the Leafs finances that they might be willing to eat that kind fine for something that's probably inconsequential.

Reactions: Jet
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad