Around the NHL 10 - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Mo and the team he's taken down back to his natural .500!

I'll pretend I am a Florida fan...

giphy.gif

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Habs are embarrassing themselves after the Christmas Break, it's okay though the Moms are on the trip so they will be able to wipe away the tears
It's the serious time of the year now, where the tanks can start rolling. If Montreal and Florida can both finish in the bottom 11, that's good odds for the Canadiens.

Just imagine if the 1st that was traded for Ben Chiarot became Conor Bedard, that would go down as one the worst trades ever.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Mo and the team he's taken down back to his natural .500!
Chipman sure had an “odd” blind spot :heart: for Paul.
I doubt Maurice finishes the season at this rate.
The Florida boards are painting a very familiar picture to what we witnessed here the last 3 seasons Mo was here.
Too bad you hate to see people struggling but he’s probably done soon.

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
I doubt Maurice finishes the season at this rate.
Too bad you hate to see people struggling but he’s probably done soon.
I've criticized Maurice in the past, but watching him struggle has become akin to sitting ringside for Napoleon's retreat from Moscow. I can't extract pleasure from that spectacle - its a bleak situation - and that big ball of angst is gathering momentum in FLA.

787px-Napoleons_retreat_from_moscow.jpg

Truenorthducky

Oct 10, 2020
I think the only question now with the Panthers is when is Paul Marie’s gonna get fired. if they lose to the Rangers tonight they are two games under 500 and almost 10 points out of a playoff spot.

None

Feb 22, 2012
The new coach would do Connor wonders :sarcasm:

Yeah, Marty St Louis might make a good coach for Bedard.

Montreal owns Florida's 2023 first :laugh:
Chiarot would be able to brag for the rest of his life that he was traded as a rental for Bedard.

Edit: May or may not be top 10 protected :dunno:

Last edited:

SUX2BU

Average user of an average team
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
Question

Why the hell is Boston and Pittsburgh playing in an outdoor game again?

Edit: ESPN’s PK Subban (woof) says that there should be more Canadian teams doing this

trebendan

Aug 13, 2010
You want to make a downgrade to save $1m for each of the next two years just to save $5.9m in 3 years when the cap goes way up and all the other guys' deals are up?
Heinola can take Schmidt’s spot. We’ll need the cap space in order to give Hellebuyck & Scheifele the deals they deserve. It’s an unknown how much the salary cap is going up in 3 years. Jets can’t plan on the cap going way up. No team can.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Heinola can take Schmidt’s spot. We’ll need the cap space in order to give Hellebuyck & Scheifele the deals they deserve. It’s an unknown how much the salary cap is going up in 3 years. Jets can’t plan on the cap going way up. No team can.

Lots can happen in 2 years with regards to contracts and the cap.

Also, if Heinola takes Schmidt's spot, when the team is healthy of course, where does newly acquired Zaitsev fit in?

You've got Morrissey-DeMelo, Dillon-Heinola (in place of Schmidt), Stanley or Samberg with Pionk. Where's righty Zaitsev go? You could do the easy thing and keep Zaitsev on the 3rd pairing right side with say Heinola/Samberg/Stanley, move Pionk up with Dillon. I think then you've needlessly made your team worse to worry about a problem in 2024.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad