Around the NHL 10 - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

trebendan

Aug 13, 2010
Lots can happen in 2 years with regards to contracts and the cap.

Also, if Heinola takes Schmidt's spot, when the team is healthy of course, where does newly acquired Zaitsev fit in?

You've got Morrissey-DeMelo, Dillon-Heinola (in place of Schmidt), Stanley or Samberg with Pionk. Where's righty Zaitsev go? You could do the easy thing and keep Zaitsev on the 3rd pairing right side with say Heinola/Samberg/Stanley, move Pionk up with Dillon. I think then you've needlessly made your team worse to worry about a problem in 2024.
Zaitsev would either be in the press box or on the Moose.

Reactions: hn777 and WolfHouse

Jet

Chibby!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Lots can happen in 2 years with regards to contracts and the cap.

Also, if Heinola takes Schmidt's spot, when the team is healthy of course, where does newly acquired Zaitsev fit in?

You've got Morrissey-DeMelo, Dillon-Heinola (in place of Schmidt), Stanley or Samberg with Pionk. Where's righty Zaitsev go? You could do the easy thing and keep Zaitsev on the 3rd pairing right side with say Heinola/Samberg/Stanley, move Pionk up with Dillon. I think then you've needlessly made your team worse to worry about a problem in 2024.
The good thing is, Chevy would never do this deal.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Taking on Zaitsev right now would be moving out a very serviceable mid-pair D for one that is being vastly overpaid for their production, all to save $900k. The only way that trade makes sense is if Zaitsev comes back with a very good prospect or a 2nd round pick, because Ottawa isn't giving up their 1st this year to get out of a bad contract. Even then, I'm not doing it. If we're trading a D, I'd want it to go towards shoring up the forward depth, not to get worse on D.

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
I think the only question now with the Panthers is when is Paul Marie’s gonna get fired. if they lose to the Rangers tonight they are two games under 500 and almost 10 points out of a playoff spot.
True. And if you look at Wins and Losses after the loss to the Rangers, they are 16 Wins, 22 Losses. They are 6 games below 0.500 Ws and Ls. And 3-7-0 in their last 10 games. Thank goodness Paul fired himself for us.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Chipman sure had an “odd” blind spot :heart: for Paul.
I doubt Maurice finishes the season at this rate.
The Florida boards are painting a very familiar picture to what we witnessed here the last 3 seasons Mo was here.
Too bad you hate to see people struggling but he’s probably done soon.

Fla down to 47.4 p%, 3-7 in their last 10, 7th place in the Atlantic, 7th, -7 in goal differential.

Goalie Bob is down to 89.4 sv%. That's not on Mo. But he continues to get more starts than Knight. That is on Mo.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Yeah, Marty St Louis might make a good coach for Bedard.

Montreal owns Florida's 2023 first :laugh:
Chiarot would be able to brag for the rest of his life that he was traded as a rental for Bedard.

Edit: May or may not be top 10 protected :dunno:

Read through CF description of the conditions 3 times. Pretty sure it is unprotected. Not 100% sure though. :laugh:

None

Feb 22, 2012
Read through CF description of the conditions 3 times. Pretty sure it is unprotected. Not 100% sure though. :laugh:

Yeah, the UI on Capfriendly to me says unprotected but the language kind of reads like it might be protected :dunno:

Usually a pick with conditions that might affect whether the team gets a particular pick will have an asterisk beside it on Capfriendly and the Florida 2023 pick doesn't have one. I've seen some people say it's top 10 protected and others say it's not, so I edited it because I didn't really care enough to put much thought into it.

I thought it was unprotected when I originally posted that though.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Beleive they lost krug as well long term recently.

Maybe it's recency bias but feels like lots of injuries this year.

Reactions: hn777

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Fla down to 47.4 p%, 3-7 in their last 10, 7th place in the Atlantic, 7th, -7 in goal differential.

Goalie Bob is down to 89.4 sv%. That's not on Mo. But he continues to get more starts than Knight. That is on Mo.
You could say Hellebucyk’s playing/winning wasn’t on Maurice either.
Looking at the Florida board it seems like a lot of similarities in general to what was going on here the last several years as far as systems and player usage as you have pointed out.
I don’t dislike Maurice at all, I just don’t think he’s going to be around next season for Florida unless there a major change soon.
He may get canned prior to the end of season as well.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Yeah, the UI on Capfriendly to me says unprotected but the language kind of reads like it might be protected :dunno:

Usually a pick with conditions that might affect whether the team gets a particular pick will have an asterisk beside it on Capfriendly and the Florida 2023 pick doesn't have one. I've seen some people say it's top 10 protected and others say it's not, so I edited it because I didn't really care enough to put much thought into it.

Complicated string of deals and conditions. It was the 22 1st that was protected. After that condition was decided, the rest were not protected, is the way I read it.

Reactions: None

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Beleive they lost krug as well long term recently.

Maybe it's recency bias but feels like lots of injuries this year.

There does seem to be a lot of injuries this year.

I also think that the West playoff picture is fairly set. I don't really see any of the chasing teams being able to do anything to get back in it. The order is up in the air but I think there's at best 1 spot up for grabs at this point. It's a weak conference.

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
True. And if you look at Wins and Losses after the loss to the Rangers, they are 16 Wins, 22 Losses. They are 6 games below 0.500 Ws and Ls. And 3-7-0 in their last 10 games. Thank goodness Paul fired himself for us.

giphy.gif

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015

There is a small caveat to the first-rounder, in that Florida had a previous trade with the Buffalo Sabres involving a condition on that pick. If the Panthers’ 2022 first-rounder, previously dealt to Buffalo, ends up being a top-10 pick, the 2023 selection goes to Buffalo instead. If this were to happen, the return package may have to be be revisited if that situation hasn’t already been addressed.

None

Feb 22, 2012
There is a small caveat to the first-rounder, in that Florida had a previous trade with the Buffalo Sabres involving a condition on that pick. If the Panthers’ 2022 first-rounder, previously dealt to Buffalo, ends up being a top-10 pick, the 2023 selection goes to Buffalo instead. If this were to happen, the return package may have to be be revisited if that situation hasn’t already been addressed.

As far as I know a trade can't be made with picks that can potentially interfere with the conditions of another trade so I'm guessing that the trade with Buffalo already had its conditional criteria met :dunno:

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
As far as I know a trade can't be made with picks that can potentially interfere with the conditions of another trade so I'm guessing that the trade with Buffalo already had its conditional criteria met :dunno:
Buffalo got the 2022 pick from Florida (28th).

Reactions: None

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
A pattern I have noticed:

When folks here start taking too much pleasure in this thread in Maurice/Florida's record, the Jets start to lose games and suffer injuries. When they are quiete about it, they win games and survive injury scares. Let's not tempt fate again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad