Around the NHL 10 - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
McDavid is currently on pace for 69 (nice) goals and 159 pts. 26 more than 2nd place. apparently this would be the highest margin of victory in the Art Ross since 90-91

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
I was looking at McDavid's xG numbers the other day, because someone had the audacity to say something I disagreed with on here, and I happened to notice Bergeron's numbers. Because he was at the very top. Again. In his 19th season in the league, for a $2.5M cap hit, after all the talk about whether he was going to retire at the end of the season.

That man is absurd.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Just out of curiousity, based on a claim I saw on the Panthers board (it's bad goaltending that is killing us), I did a check and if Bobrovsky's 19 games had been at his career .915 average instead of sub .900, they would have 11.4 less goals against. The thing is, that would still only be an average of ~4 more points in the standings. That would have them only tied for 8th-10th in their playoff race.

Even with above average goaltending, the team still seems to have a lot more problems. And maybe coaching isn't the biggest one in terms of impact. A team could, for instance, have the absolute worst 6-on-3 PK in the league and that won't add up to cost them a single game in a decade :P

But yeah. I ain't even gonna put that evil on us. I'm happy we got the coach we got and I'm still absolutely stunned the year is closing out with the Jets neck-and-neck for a division title.

Fla's D corps is pretty bad. They couldn't afford to lose Weegar in that Tkachuk trade.
They don't have much in their system and no 1st rd pick for the next 3 drafts. Gonna need some fancy dance steps to round out their roster. Good luck. :laugh:

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
Fla's D corps is pretty bad. They couldn't afford to lose Weegar in that Tkachuk trade.
They don't have much in their system and no 1st rd pick for the next 3 drafts. Gonna need some fancy dance steps to round out their roster. Good luck. :laugh:

Tyler Myers to FLA? So they won't have 1st round picks in the next 4 drafts? :sarcasm:

• Haha
Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
I was looking at McDavid's xG numbers the other day, because someone had the audacity to say something I disagreed with on here, and I happened to notice Bergeron's numbers. Because he was at the very top. Again. In his 19th season in the league, for a $2.5M cap hit, after all the talk about whether he was going to retire at the end of the season.

That man is absurd.
He's one of the GOATs

SUX2BU

Average user of an average team
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
I for some reason have a soft spot for Tall, soft defensemen.

Probably because when I play rec league, I am usually a tall, soft defenseman.

So, you like giraffes?

1671672289688.gif

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012

Apparently Gaudreau leaving was also in part about his wife's medical career. I believe Ladd's wife had the same issue (although I think she ended up being employed by TNSE in some capacity).

Canada needs to loosen up rules for medical practitioners with foreign credentials to be able to practice medicine. We keep hearing complaints about doctor/nurse shortage and long wait times yet there are thousands of immigrants who were doctors in their home countries forced to drive taxis and other jobs while the health care system here languishes. It's not just about hockey. Having resources that can help with the health care issues but not being able to use them due to outdated rules is one of the biggest failings of the system in this country.

Last edited:

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

That man is absurd.

One of the true great two way centres.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
The brobovski contract is a yoke on that franchise for years

Makes me question the idea of giving helle big money and big term TBH. It's all fun and games until his play falls off a cliff. You can bury a shitty F contract on the 4th line. Can't do it with a tender

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
Having schadenfreude at Maurice's team's struggles seems to err dangerously close to offending the hockey gods.
Need to have an NHL version of the raspberry awards. A nice little summer project.
Worst GM,
worst coach,
worst contract (forward, defensive, and goaltending categories )
anti-lady bing (biggest asshole)
Not the selke - least defensive player

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Need to have an NHL version of the raspberry awards. A nice little summer project.
Worst GM,
worst coach,
The Anti-Byng should be called the Tkachuk Trophy. And I nominate Matthew Tkachuk.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Worst GM,
worst coach,

Worst GM: Gotta be Benning
Worst Coach: Probably Mo or Torts at this point.
Worst Contract: Bobrovsky's is terribad. $10m for a sub .900 goalie.
Anti-Byng: Trouba? Usually this is Marchand but he's been pretty tame this year.
Not the Selke: According to my calculations Brock Boeser is the worst defensive forward in the league right now.

jetsv2

Jan 13, 2013
Worst GM: Gotta be Benning
Worst Coach: Probably Mo or Torts at this point.
Worst Contract: Bobrovsky's is terribad. $10m for a sub .900 goalie.
Anti-Byng: Trouba? Usually this is Marchand but he's been pretty tame this year.
Not the Selke: According to my calculations Brock Boeser is the worst defensive forward in the league right now.
Benning isn't an NHL GM anymore

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Benning isn't an NHL GM anymore

I was hoping someone would call me out on that. Jim Benning was such a bad GM that Allvin is being forced to make bad decisions because of the bad decisions Benning made. Though I suppose in a round about way you could really call Aquilini the worst GM in the league as its long been speculated he is the one making the calls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Ad

Ad