Around the NHL 10 - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
No tin foil hat just stating a fact.
"Winning teams get more PPs" so the last 2 Jets games Avs had more PP and the Stars had double the PPs than the Jets ... Jets won both so there goes your theory.
Lets use the last 4 Wild games in their 3 wins they had 3-6 PPs/game in those 3 wins ... the only game which they lost was against the Leafs. The Wild only had 2 PPs and both times the Leafs got a penalty when they were winning. The first Wild PP they scored to tied the game and then the Leafs never got another penalty for 35 mins.
Sometimes its not how many PPs you get but when you get them.
Leafs play the Lightning tomorrow and guess what the Bolts played tonight in Philly so the Leafs already have an advantage. There is a reason why the Leafs are on a winning streak. Check the Leafs December schedule no B2B games they get every Sunday, Monday, Wednesday and Friday off in December meanwhile the Jets play 4 games/week for 3 weeks in arow in December so if the Jets go on a losing streak its understandable and its no big deal.

My theory wasn't that it happens every game, just over the course of the year that kind of thing tends to hold true. When a team gets up big 40 minutes into a game, there is a tendency for refs to call more penalties on the winning team to kind of calm it down, especially as the team up by 4 or 5 will usually take off the gas, might take a lazy penalty here or there. Looked to me like that was happening on Tuesday - Winnipeg got 2 of their 3 penalties after it was already 3-0, and even then the last PP went to the Jets when Makar got a penalty in the 3rd.

There is a reason why the Leafs are on a winning streak and that reason is that the Leafs are a very good hockey team. I don't know why some fans outside of Toronto feel the need to try to explain that away with all kinds of "Yeah but"s. They're just very good.

bustamente

Fraud Supporter
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
It will become apparent is it hasn't already that Boudreau was not the right coach for the Canucks but it will be to late as they miss the playoffs yet again

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
I'd like to see Boeser on the Jets but not sure what I'd give up for him.
He's making 6.65m for 2 years after this one.
I'd offer up Ville in a deal.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Craig Simpson is so awful it’s almost legitimately funny :laugh:

Him and Sawyer should have a colour commentary-off. Get your mute buttons ready!

Reactions: bustamente

bustamente

Fraud Supporter
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
Sure the Leafs are playing well but we have seen this movie countless times they play well in the first half of the season, falter in the new year make the playoffs and then get the bums rush in the playoffs.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Sure the Leafs are playing well but we have seen this movie countless times they play well in the first half of the season, falter in the new year make the playoffs and then get the bums rush in the playoffs.
Don't worry, they're gonna get Boeser soon! :sarcasm:

Reactions: Aggie204

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
One of the luckiest runs in hockey history resulted in a Cup win and that big fat contract.

At least it’s fun to watch the carnage from far away :laugh:

Almost a third of the way in and you're 2 games below points-.500 and your star goalie is a headcase with 19 games of sub-.900 brilliance.

The numbers don't lie, and they spell disaster for St. Louis.

SUX2BU

Average user of an average team
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
Lol, even Craig Berube is getting sick of Binnington's bullshit.

Gonna be a real shame when someone accidentally runs him over his bullshit. Zucker could have been seriously injured being knocked into the boards like that at those speeds.

I see what you guys mean …. what a douche

Jet

Chibby!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
You just really don't see this anymore. I kind of miss it but at the same time knowing about players suffering from lifelong struggles from stuff like this it begs the question is it worth it for entertainment value?

Reactions: wraithsonwings
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad