Salary Cap: Pens '24-'25 Salary Thread: The Crosbicles Volume XIX

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
Also you plum, Glass quite literally was moved for a 3rd and a 6th. Saying a 3rd if we're lucky but even a 4th isn't delusional value. Be a bigger twat.

And no that isn't a dare or challenge, although I'm sure you'd nail it.
We got paid a 3rd and a 6th to take him from Nashville in August. So his contract was worth a negative 3rd and 6th.

He is not suddenly worth a positive 3rd round pick 2 months and 5 games later.

That is delusional.

If he plays well up until the trade deadline then someone will probably give a mid round pick for him but not now.

lokomotiv15

Jul 14, 2012
London, ontario
It’s 2024 and literally no one can access NHLN

What’s hilarious is I was a big On the Fly guy growing up and when I had cable in college
Every time you post I feel more and more like you're an American version of me separated at the cloning lab at birth.

Everyone wonders why viewership numbers are all screwy, all the while its easier to get a masters degree than it is to watch all of your favorite teams games on tv.

Reactions: CheckingLineCenter

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
Update on top speeds. Glass is surprising.

Crosby 93

Malkin >50

Letang >50

EK 58

Rust 65

Beauvillier 78

Rakell 52

Bunting >50

Eller 73

Puljujarvi 95

DOC 60

Glass 79

Hayes 54

Acciari >50

MP 60

Graves >50

Grzlecky >50

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside

Crosby 93

Malkin >50

Letang >50

EK 58

Rust 65

Beauvillier 78

Rakell 52

Bunting >50

Eller 73

Puljujarvi 95

DOC 60

Glass 79

Hayes 54

Acciari >50

MP 60

Graves >50

Grzlecky >50

What units are these? I'm no scientist but I don't think they're in miles per hour.

Ulf5

Feb 21, 2017
D_YY7V.gif

I don't see any team paying a 3rd for Kevin Hayes.

He got a 6th round pick when he was traded at 3.5 mil after putting up 50+ pts.

Also, let's see him past 5 games before we start acting like this trade was a dinger.
Agree with all of this. But the x-factor in this situation is he'll only cost $1.75 mil with most of it paid out. Affordable by a lot more teams at the deadline than $3.5 mil.
Not that I think he'll get a great return. But he should return better than a 6th.

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
Agree with all of this. But the x-factor in this situation is he'll only cost $1.75 mil with most of it paid out. Affordable by a lot more teams at the deadline than $3.5 mil.
Not that I think he'll get a great return. But he should return better than a 6th.
I don't care if we get NOTHING for him. We already got a 2nd (plus swaped a 5th for a 3rd since they wanted to slide the 2nd for the offer sheet).
That's a win in my book already. I wouldn't be sad if we somehow got something for him in a trade ofc.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
Ned got called up.

Wonder what this means.
Yeah, interesting indeed. I suppose they could run a three-goalie system for a while. That helps Murashov, too.

We have to assume Dubas is working the phones, but the sad reality is Ned is probably far easier to move for positive value than Jarry right now.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
I assume Puljujarvi moves to LW, Puustinen to RW. This looks like Puustinen's big opportunity. If Sullivan does not use Bunting with Malkin OR on the first PP unit, then there is no reason for him to be in the lineup IMO.

Also, it seems like Quinn is rotating St. Ivany with Shea.

Reactions: Andy99

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I'm not wild about that 3rd line getting broken up but I'm happy to see Puustinen back in the lineup. Bunting getting scratched is a ballsy move that I really wouldn't have expected Sullivan to make, but his play completely warrants it.

I assume Puljujarvi moves to LW, Puustinen to RW. This looks like Puustinen's big opportunity. If Sullivan does not use Bunting with Malkin OR on the first PP unit, then there is no reason for him to be in the lineup IMO.

Also, it seems like Quinn is rotating St. Ivany with Shea.

Has Puustinen on LW and St. Ivany as the #7D.

Crosby 93

Malkin >50

Letang >50

EK 58

Rust 65

Beauvillier 78

Rakell 52

Bunting >50

Eller 73

Puljujarvi 95

DOC 60

Glass 79

Hayes 54

Acciari >50

MP 60

Graves >50

Grzlecky >50

Hayes being a 54th percentile top speed is astounding. I expected him to be like 5th percentile :laugh:

Reactions: Sideline

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
Ned got called up.

Wonder what this means.
Either they have given up, sending Blomqvist down and go with Jarry/Ned.
Or they will have Ned/Blomqvist split games for a while and let Jarry rot in the pressbox.
Im still hoping he gets waived tho

Reactions: Andy99

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Either they have given up, sending Blomqvist down and go with Jarry/Ned.
Or they will have Ned/Blomqvist split games for a while and let Jarry rot in the pressbox.
Im still hoping he gets waived tho

I think the fact that they called up Nedjelkovic after 1 conditioning game, when he was eligible to spend 2 weeks in the AHL on his conditioning assignment, just shows how little confidence they have in Jarry right now.

I have a feeling they'll stick with 3 goalies and just not use Jarry until Blomqvist cools off.

Reactions: akapidots

Sideline

May 23, 2004
I think the fact that they called up Nedjelkovic after 1 conditioning game, when he was eligible to spend 2 weeks in the AHL on his conditioning assignment, just shows how little confidence they have in Jarry right now.

I have a feeling they'll stick with 3 goalies and just not use Jarry until Blomqvist cools off.
I agree.

I'm a little worried the Blomquist isn't quite ready yet. The book is clearly out to shoot high and if that consistently results in 3 or 4 against every night then it will be hard to let him run with the ball.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I'm not wild about that 3rd line getting broken up but I'm happy to see Puustinen back in the lineup. Bunting getting scratched is a ballsy move that I really wouldn't have expected Sullivan to make, but his play completely warrants it.

Has Puustinen on LW and St. Ivany as the #7D.

Hayes being a 54th percentile top speed is astounding. I expected him to be like 5th percentile :laugh:
Oh look at that. The Crosby line remains intact. Imagine if youngsters got as much rope as Beauvillier and Rust do.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad