Around the NHL 10 - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011

I'm not sure the Sens are very interested in doing so given the rumours swirling around him and that night in London. That said I'm not sure they can afford to just let young assets sit around doing nothing. It'll be an interesting day.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
after a slow start and some #firekeefe action...leafs go 25/30 pts in Nov. top-5 in NHL pts%, both Murray and Samsonov in top-10 of SV% league-wide (min 5 starts).

Kraken are 4th in the league pts% despite the 29th best team goaltending (SV%)... they're SH% is 13% which is the highest in the league. they have some of the best defensive stats as they are 3rd least in shot-allowed/60, and 6th least in xga/60 (everything at all-strengths) . id expect a bit of regression on the shooting side, and perhaps their goaltending can improve a bit given their typically lower shots-allowed rate.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
I'm not sure the Sens are very interested in doing so given the rumours swirling around him and that night in London. That said I'm not sure they can afford to just let young assets sit around doing nothing. It'll be an interesting day.

Oh yeah, I forgot about those rumours. No wonder he hasn't been traded or signed yet. Not until the investigation concludes.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
after a slow start and some #firekeefe action...leafs go 25/30 pts in Nov. top-5 in NHL pts%, both Murray and Samsonov in top-10 of SV% league-wide (min 5 starts).

Kraken are 4th in the league pts% despite the 29th best team goaltending (SV%)... they're SH% is 13% which is the highest in the league. they have some of the best defensive stats as they are 3rd least in shot-allowed/60, and 6th least in xga/60 (everything at all-strengths) . id expect a bit of regression on the shooting side, and perhaps their goaltending can improve a bit given their typically lower shots-allowed rate.
The SH% seems a little unsustainable. Also, this is a Dave Hakstol coached team? How in the...? This is like Dallas Eakins coaching an NHL team to a winning record! :laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: RabidOne

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
The best drafting team over the last 7 seasons. They hit on the right players, too. Nico Hischier and Jack Hughes over Kaapo Kakko and Nolan Patrick. Both picks were coin flips at the draft, so hitting on both of them already is damn savvy.

Hard to call a team with two first overall picks in that span the best drafting team. Granted they hit on some late picks like Bratt that have become core pieces.

They are essentially the second coming of the Hawks imo. Love watching them play.

Reactions: Heldig and voyageur

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
The best drafting team over the last 7 seasons. They hit on the right players, too. Nico Hischier and Jack Hughes over Kaapo Kakko and Nolan Patrick. Both picks were coin flips at the draft, so hitting on both of them already is damn savvy.
I'd have to dig deeper. Dallas comes to mind as they got Hintz, Robertson, Oettinger, Heiskanen, Dellandrea and Wyatt Johnston.

You also have to add jesper bratt for njd.

Aggie204

Expect the worst, you’ll never be disappointed.
Sep 11, 2015
East St Paul, MB
Laine activated from LTIR today, I hope the Jets target him and forecheck the hell out of him. I haven’t seen him play since he was traded, but I remember he wasn’t great at handling pressure when he has the puck.

Reactions: ERYX and sipowicz

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Hard to call a team with two first overall picks in that span the best drafting team. Granted they hit on some late picks like Bratt that have become core pieces.

They are essentially the second coming of the Hawks imo. Love watching them play.

If it were just about collecting 1st overall picks, then Edmonton would have been _much_ better than they were. They could have just as easily picked Kakko and Patrick, but they didn't.

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
delete

6add4ae35c0cf597802322fd048b38ff.gif

Last edited:

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
If it were just about collecting 1st overall picks, then Edmonton would have been _much_ better than they were. They could have just as easily picked Kakko and Patrick, but they didn't.

I mean they did the same thing Edmonton did and selected the top ranked guy each time. They did a much better job supporting them with other good picks and much better trades/signings.

They have still whiffed on a fair share of high picks during the rebuild though. Zacha at 6th, McLeod at 12th and to a much less extent Smith at 17. So their first round drafting has hardly been flawless. They have made up for it with some great late round picks though.

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast

The Leafs are also getting the calls which helps a lot like yesterday against the low Sharks Zero PPs for the Sharks and late in the 3rd game tied Shark get a penalty. The Leafs always get more PPs in this winning streak than the other teams and once they have a lead than the refs finally give the Leafs a penalty.
When the Leafs start winning when the other team gets more PPs than I will get them credit.

Last edited:

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
The Leafs are also getting the calls which helps a lot like yesterday against the low Sharks Zero PPs for the Sharks and late in the 3rd game tied Shark get a penalty. The Leafs always get more PPs in this winning streak than the other teams and once the have a lead than the refs finally give the Leafs a penalty.
When the Leafs start winning when the other team gets more PPs than I will get them credit.

Winning teams get more PPs because they are carrying more of the play and the defending teams are more likely to take a penalty. It's not something you need a tin foil hat for.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
The Leafs are also getting the calls which helps a lot like yesterday against the low Sharks Zero PPs for the Sharks and late in the 3rd game tied Shark get a penalty. The Leafs always get more PPs in this winning streak than the other teams and once they have a lead than the refs finally give the Leafs a penalty.

Winning teams get more PPs because they are carrying more of the play and the defending teams are more likely to take a penalty. It's not something you need a tin foil hat for.

haven't watched them enough to say true or not. for the month they got 42 pp for, and 40 against. no idea on timing of them. but seems like it's nearly equal drawn vs taken over the 15 gp

edit: in their 15 wins, opponents had more pp's 7x and PP opportunities were tied 3x.

Last edited:

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
No tin foil hat just stating a fact.
"Winning teams get more PPs" so the last 2 Jets games Avs had more PP and the Stars had double the PPs than the Jets ... Jets won both so there goes your theory.
Lets use the last 4 Wild games in their 3 wins they had 3-6 PPs/game in those 3 wins ... the only game which they lost was against the Leafs. The Wild only had 2 PPs and both times the Leafs got a penalty when they were winning. The first Wild PP they scored to tied the game and then the Leafs never got another penalty for 35 mins.
Sometimes its not how many PPs you get but when you get them.
Leafs play the Lightning tomorrow and guess what the Bolts played tonight in Philly so the Leafs already have an advantage. There is a reason why the Leafs are on a winning streak. Check the Leafs December schedule no B2B games they get every Sunday, Monday, Wednesday and Friday off in December meanwhile the Jets play 4 games/week for 3 weeks in arow in December so if the Jets go on a losing streak its understandable and its no big deal.

Reactions: ERYX
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad