Around the NHL 10 - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Impressive win the the Panthers. A sweep vs the Canes is pretty Crazy, Boston, Toronto and Carolina represent the top teams in the east so they didn’t take an easy path. Hope they can find a way to beat Vegas. Congrats to Paul!

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
considering the only reason he "fell" was because he went for a crosscheck on stone who was laying on the ice his excuse is bullshit

His history of cross checking vulnerable players would say otherwise. You're the only person I've seen today who actually believes the "I fell" excuse.

It looks like he wanted to give him a shot in the ribs and his stick rode up Stone's arm (who put them up to defend himself from a cross check while he was on the ice) and into Stone's face. I can believe he didn't want to cross check him in the face but I don't know how anyone other than his mother can believe he was just falling. Crossing your stick across your chest to break your fall is an incredibly unnatural movement.

We will have to agree to disagree. I take Benn at his word, Stone is also a diver and a dirty player himself and plays into my assessment of the situation.

jetsv2

Jan 13, 2013
We will have to agree to disagree. I take Benn at his word, Stone is also a diver and a dirty player himself and plays into my assessment of the situation.
If you take Benn at his word you are pretty easy to fool. Benn has a history of being a massive piece of shit, and if you watch the play it's clear it wasn't a simple fall.

I'm not sure how Stone could have dove on the play, he was already laying on the ice when Benn cross checked him.

Maybe try to look at the play without your bias against Vegas and Stone and you will see how silly your assesment of the play is.

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
I'm honestly hilariously shocked and entertained by even the thought of Benn actually having the balls to say he fell and it was an accident and some people even believing in it :laugh:

Buff was about to fall and wanted to grab onto Perry but accidentally hit him. It only looked like a sucker punch.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Florida beating Boston was the upset of the playoffs, good for Maurice to get to another Cup final. I absolutely hate Tkachuk , watching him chew that mouth guard drives me crazy:laugh: but he's exactly the type of player you need in the playoffs. That and all world goaltending will take a team very far .

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
hot goaltending and a couple of players like tkachuk and bennet were the difference...unless vegas comes up with something to counter or equal the panthers, it wont be much of a series.
Eichel. And Stone are both playing at a point per game pace then they have Marchessault, Barbashev and Stephenson who are just under a point per game. Vegas won’t be easily beaten. In fact, I think they’ll probably win the Cup. They’re solid top to bottom.

I can see Bobrovsky’s bubble bursting against Vegas and if that happens, the wheels will fall off pretty fast.

Even if Bob stays playing well I envision shades of Giguere versus the Devils. Just won’t be enough.

Reactions: surixon

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011

Well, he wasn't diving when he was already on the ice taking a cross check to the face. If your opinion of Stone made you believe he deserved it, then I'd disagree but at least understand, but I don't think even Benn himself believes the "I was falling" line.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Maybe Dallas can pull off a miracle comeback.

As for Carolina, even though they lost, I liked their "pushback" , they never stopped trying.

The Canes were the better team that series. Ran into a red hot goalie and Florida finished on their chances.

Will be interesting to see which riding high team comes out on top in the finals.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Pretty cool to see Maurice going to the Cup final with a different team a year after quitting on the gutless Jets, guess he knew a lot more then we did about the lack of character of the team and incompetence at the management level!

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills

I mean all you have to do is watch the video. It's clear as day that he intentionally crosschecked the dude in the face. Your opinion of the player on the other side should absolutely never factor into whether something is or isn't dirty. Maybe you can think they deserve it but that is another discussion entirely. It either is or isn't a dirty play.

Reactions: Jetfaninflorida

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Major injury vs no injury. It’s really as simple as that.

If there’s no injury, I would wager that Scheifele gets no suspension, one game at most.
In that case, explain Hartman getting one game for his hit on Ehlers

I'm not trying to be argumentative, but it just seems like there is very little rhyme or reason that goes into these suspensions

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
In that case, explain Hartman getting one game for his hit on Ehlers

I'm not trying to be argumentative, but it just seems like there is very little rhyme or reason that goes into these suspensions
I think that’s likely.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Just before I totally lost my balance and I started to fall ....

I've fallen and it's a good thing this players head and neck was there to cushion my stick... who knows, I might have broken it, and sticks aren't cheap...

Screenshot-2023-05-23-at-8.37.18-PM.png

Sorry, but I can't believe anyone would actually believe Benn's B.S. "falling" excuse.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Just before I totally lost my balance and I started to fall ....

I've fallen and it's a good thing this players head and neck was there to cushion my stick... who knows, I might have broken it, and sticks aren't cheap...

Screenshot-2023-05-23-at-8.37.18-PM.png

Sorry, but I can't believe anyone would actually believe Benn's B.S. "falling" excuse.

For real. Just own your shit and admit you made a bad choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad