Around the NHL 10 - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Dopey Ron McGoof talking about what greedy Gretzky said after winning on the road back in the 80’s for no apparent reason!

Reactions: John Agar

B33R LEAGUE

"Just another day at the office" -Byfuglien
May 19, 2021
Unbelievable year by Tkachuk..

AllStar Player of the Game in Florida.

110 pts in the Regular Season (7th overall) in Florida…

Shoe-in Playoff MVP in Florida…

Bob and Chucky are everything 55 and 37 aspire to be in the Playoffs.

TommyKillian

Dec 12, 2013
One interesting pattern is both both Bennett and Reinhart were top 5 picks that were ok for the team that drafted them but both needed a change of scenery. In both cases they flourished on their second team. That might be something the Jets look at since those guys were still RFA’s. In a way we did that with PLD I guess.
The difference between the Reinhart and PLD trades is that we bought high and Florida bought low. Laine (former 2OA pick), an established high-end sniper who paced for 30+ goals in four straight seasons as a 22 year old at the time of the trade, and Jack Roslovic, an established full time NHL middle 6 forward, was a hefty price to pay. That's not to say that PLD isn't worth a hefty price, but I think that was a pretty even trade.

I know Devon Levi looks like the real deal, but at the time of the trade he was essentially a magic bean (one amazing college season under his belt after being picked in the 7th round). Ditto with the first round pick that ended up being 28th overall. I think that's a low price to pay for a defensively responsible, offensively gifted 1B center on a Cup Final team.

We need more trades like that, even if PLD is a border-line case of one that didn't quite work out.

Reactions: ps241 and sipowicz
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad