Around the League - PLAYOFFS!?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Metroid

Слава Україні!!
Sep 6, 2006
Hellmouth
Gonna see a show Thursday at the Velvet, one of the opening bands is Choke and based on photos of past dates, they wearing oilers jerseys on stage (they from Edmonton) gonna troll and wear my Panthers jersey 😂
Rock and roll baby

Reactions: PROUD PAPA

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I wouldn't be surprised to see Edmonton win game 3, but they are dealing with a different animal than they did in the western conference series'. This Panthers team is a really traditional Cup team: elite goaltending, elite defensive players, and an entire team that is built to sacrifice for the greater good.
Yep, Edmonton wins the next one then Florida the next two closing it out at home in game 5.

horner

May 22, 2007
All these super skilled players get shut down by teams that have a brick wall on defense and strong defensive coverage
McDavid Peterson Marner Leon Draisaitl all perimeter players.
Mcdavid did alot of skating last game but nothing inside .
Building a strong defensive game wins Championships

Florida didn't even need Bob last game.

I

3blizzard4

Mar 29, 2021
Toronto
All these super skilled players get shut down by teams that have a brick wall on defense and strong defensive coverage
McDavid Peterson Marner Leon Draisaitl all perimeter players.
Mcdavid did alot of skating last game but nothing inside .
Building a strong defensive game wins Championships

Florida didn't even need Bob last game.

I

Was thinking the same thing about McDavid. The Panthers basically said we will let you do your globetrotter act on the perimeter but you ain't getting a sniff inside. Looks all pretty and nice but in actuality amount to nothing.

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
Gonna see a show Thursday at the Velvet, one of the opening bands is Choke and based on photos of past dates, they wearing oilers jerseys on stage (they from Edmonton) gonna troll and wear my Panthers jersey 😂
Rock and roll baby

Rock it, my friend. Make Canada proud!

Reactions: Metroid

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
They would’ve gotten smoked by the Lightning anyway.

They should have at least made a conference final appearance though.

This has never been built to go far in the playoffs period. Even with the most perfect/“easiest” path, they will never win.

You don’t luck into a Cup. That has never happened and never will. They don’t have the character or desire for it.

People need to realize there isn’t some magic combo of things that will somehow happen where our half assed stars will fluke their way to a Cup.

The bolts absolutely would have been a heavy favorite to win. I think the Leafs would have lined up better against them than the Habs though.

RunItBackAgain

“We were right there”
Oct 14, 2021
Even if it does, you can bet their will constantly remind us of reaching the finals.
Idk about that. Maybe some but I don’t see Vancouver fans touting their finals visit with pride. But Oil fans are a special breed for sure. You’re right.

TheGreenTBer

the only language I speak is FAILURE
Apr 30, 2021
Even if it does, you can bet their will constantly remind us of reaching the finals.
They will. The Oilers deserve credit for making it this far, and our loser team is still a bunch of losers.

But until they win the Cup they aren't really winners as a team either. At least McDrai are generally highly productive in the playoffs.

TheGreenTBer

Apr 30, 2021
It will suck. But what sucks more is the Leafs may never make a final. And with more teams added it will get harder. Chances are we will all be dead long before we even see a Leafs final let alone winning it.
If they keep this Core 4 together long-term we will know that it isn't worth getting upset about anymore.

Reactions: HolyCrap

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
They will. The Oilers deserve credit for making it this far, and our loser team is still a bunch of losers.

But until they win the Cup they aren't really winners as a team either. At least McDrai are generally highly productive in the playoffs.

I'm expecting much more from the greatest player to ever play the game. So far he's been a non factor.

Reactions: WillNy29

TheGreenTBer

Apr 30, 2021
I'm expecting much more from the greatest player to ever play the game. So far he's been a non factor.
Until he wins a Cup he hasn't surpassed even Crosby, to say nothing of the Big Four.

I know hockey is a team game but you can't be the greatest of even the modern era without a Cup on your resume.

Reactions: RunItBackAgain
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad