Around the League - PLAYOFFS!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RunItBackAgain

“We were right there”
Oct 14, 2021
Haven't they been using that one for a while now? May as well stick to what works, I guess.
If they used it for the first two games I'd assume that's what they're going with. And I can't believe anyone thought the OIlers got ref diffed in game 1. If anything the PPs they did get were a joke.

Florida is going to destroy them tonight!

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
If they used it for the first two games I'd assume that's what they're going with. And I can't believe anyone thought the OIlers got ref diffed in game 1. If anything the PPs they did get were a joke.

Florida is going to destroy them tonight!

I want a FLA sweep. That said, it won't prevent their idiot fans from reminding us all summer long that "McDavid reached the final".

RunItBackAgain

“We were right there”
Oct 14, 2021
I want a FLA sweep. That said, it won't prevent their idiot fans from reminding us all summer long that "McDavid reached the final".
Unless some sneaky Flames fans sneak into Edmonton and start a string of fires so they can't brag the same way Vancouver can't :naughty:

• Haha
Reactions: TheGreenTBer

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
It’s crazy to me what a collection of talent the 2010s Buffalo Sabres once had in their grasp under Tim Murray’s management but somehow managed to lose over the years, including a cast of cup winners or cup finalists:

Jack Eichel
Sam Reinhart
Ryan O’Reilly
Brandon Montour
Evander Kane
Zach Bogosian
Evan Rodrigues

As well as

Linus Ullmark
Jake McCabe
Brandon Hagel

Leafs fans have an awful lot to grumble about, but the Sabres are probably the worst run team in the NHL for the last decade or so. Maybe Arizona is worse, but they've got a ton of ownership constraints and are dirt poor

Lots of top talent, including 1st overall level guys and they can't even get withing sniffing range of the playoffs

Reactions: TheGreenTBer

bax

Mar 4, 2011
Canada
Not worth a suspension. It’s the Stanley Cup Finals and Draisaitl is trying to get his name on the Cup, of course he’s playing hard and on the edge. That’s what makes it great.
They ejected foegle for a knee on knee but a head shot is ok? I’m not surprised he’s not suspended either but the nhl needs some consistency. Either you care about head injuries or you don’t.

Reactions: Al14 and OddyOh

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Leafs fans have an awful lot to grumble about, but the Sabres are probably the worst run team in the NHL for the last decade or so. Maybe Arizona is worse, but they've got a ton of ownership constraints and are dirt poor

Lots of top talent, including 1st overall level guys and they can't even get withing sniffing range of the playoffs

I also forgot Lehner, Okposo, Carrier. You gotta give it to Tim Murray. He collected a lot of good pieces. Just never gelled into a team.

TheGreenTBer

the only language I speak is FAILURE
Apr 30, 2021
Unless some sneaky Flames fans sneak into Edmonton and start a string of fires so they can't brag the same way Vancouver can't :naughty:

Lmao

Come to think of it, as much as we hate the Oilers it's nothing compared to how much Flames fans do.

They have to watch Tkachuk or Edmonton win the whole thing. Jesus that's terrible for them.

Absolutely.

Buffalo has the most low-key terrible ownership in the NHL and it all stems from that.

Reactions: RunItBackAgain

RunItBackAgain

“We were right there”
Oct 14, 2021
Lmao

Come to think of it, as much as we hate the Oilers it's nothing compared to how much Flames fans do.

They have to watch Tkachuk or Edmonton win the whole thing. Jesus that's terrible for them.

Absolutely.

Buffalo has the most low-key terrible ownership in the NHL and it all stems from that.
There is not a lot of animosity between Flames fans and Chucky. He did the honorable thing. Most fans blame Johnny for basically pulling a JT on them last minute. The thought is if Johnny stayed, Chucky wouldve as well. It caused a ripple.

TheGreenTBer

the only language I speak is FAILURE
Apr 30, 2021
There is not a lot of animosity between Flames fans and Chucky. He did the honorable thing. Most fans blame Johnny for basically pulling a JT on them last minute. The thought is if Johnny stayed, Chucky wouldve as well. It caused a ripple.
I guess, at least he did let him know that he wasn't re-signing. But he dogged it with the Flames in the playoffs too so he's not totally innocent here.

Reactions: RunItBackAgain

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Oh look another team with black jerseys with blue and white.

:facepalm:

Chicoutimi called, they want their junior colours back. Oh wait we got Rimouski on line 2. And the Blue Jackets are calling. And Winnipeg is asking about their baby blues.

Most boring billion dollars ever spent.

Reactions: BertCorbeau

RunItBackAgain

“We were right there”
Oct 14, 2021
I guess, at least he did let him know that he wasn't re-signing. But he dogged it with the Flames in the playoffs too so he's not totally innocent here.
No for sure and a bit comes from Hubie not living up to his promise either so that gets tossed back at Chucky too unfortunately.

But the Oilers winning compared to Chucky winning is like a A bomb going off compared to a grenade going off.

blue stick

Jan 28, 2019
Oilers are toast if they’re still talking about creating chaos. It’s not like they weren’t trying that for Game 1 and 2.
Maybe they'll try to create KAOS
2971765847_6a84c9d07c_z.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $1,632.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: