Around the League - PLAYOFFS!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

QJo

Luke Warmtakes
Dec 8, 2016
Ontario
I can't believe Draisaitl isn't suspended a game. If Edmonton wins gm 3 and the series the history books will always talk about that.

Reactions: Al14

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
I can't believe Draisaitl isn't suspended a game. If Edmonton wins gm 3 and the series the history books will always talk about that.
Unfortunately that’s NHL playoffs and why it’s so tough to win 4 rounds. It’s not just what happens on the ice sometimes, it’s handling what doesn’t happen.
Another battle within a battle.

Reactions: Nineteen67

TheShape

Oct 25, 2018
I’d be more surprised if Leon was suspended. Sam Carrick sure, but the league wasn’t removing Draisaitl from this series.

Double standards.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Unfortunately that’s NHL playoffs and why it’s so tough to win 4 rounds. It’s not just what happens on the ice sometimes, it’s handling what doesn’t happen.
Another battle within a battle.
This will just make the Panthers play better. They are not the Leafs as their top guys are Mental Giants instead of Mental Hobbits.

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
Oiler Nation is really feeling it. Yesterday many were hoping and praying that the Panthers would be grounded due to a severe storm in Florida. You can't make this shit up.

I'm looking forward to the excuses once this is over.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Oiler Nation is really feeling it. Yesterday many were hoping and praying that the Panthers would be grounded due to a severe storm in Florida. You can't make this shit up.

They do know that the game will just be delay instead of a forfeit

If they run out of excuses, they can check our vault. We have plenty.
Outgoalie, just needed some bounces, right there, good lessons….

Reactions: Trapper

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
They do know that the game will just be delay instead of a forfeit

Outgoalie, just needed some bounces, right there, good lessons….

Some were calling for a forfeit, as if the league would allow that.

This loser isn't doing them any favors. Talk about unhinged. Hopefully he's not on suicide watch if the series is a sweep.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gabriel426

3blizzard4

Mar 29, 2021
Toronto

They need more powerplays. 8 is not enough in two games.

• Haha
Reactions: OddyOh

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board

Former Leaf forward Alexander Steen is set to take over for GM Doug Armstrong in St. Louis as Armstrong is stepping away from the position to take on a new role.​

Drafted 24th overall in the 2002 NHL Entry Draft by the Toronto Maple Leafs, Steen didn't make his NHL debut until the 2005-2006 season. After three-and-a-half seasons with the Leafs, Steen was traded to the St. Louis Blues along with Carlo Colaiacovo for Lee Stempniak in a trade that Leaf fans wish never happened. Steen would play the remaining 12 years of his career in St. Louis, winning a Stanley Cup with the Blues in 2019 before being forced to retire due to a degenerative disc disease.

Ahead of this season, Steen was hired by the Blues after spending a few years working in his native Sweden, as a European player development consultant and is now set to become the successor to Doug Armstrong in 2026 as the General Manager of the Blues.

Armstrong will continue to act as the Blues GM until the end of the 2025-2026 season when Steen moves from his now current role of special assistant to the GM chair. Armstrong will stay on as the President of Hockey Operations until his new three-year extension expires at the end of the 2028-2029 season.​

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
It’s crazy to me what a collection of talent the 2010s Buffalo Sabres once had in their grasp under Tim Murray’s management but somehow managed to lose over the years, including a cast of cup winners or cup finalists:

Jack Eichel
Sam Reinhart
Ryan O’Reilly
Brandon Montour
Evander Kane
Zach Bogosian
Evan Rodrigues

As well as

Linus Ullmark
Jake McCabe
Brandon Hagel

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002

Former Leaf forward Alexander Steen is set to take over for GM Doug Armstrong in St. Louis as Armstrong is stepping away from the position to take on a new role.​

Drafted 24th overall in the 2002 NHL Entry Draft by the Toronto Maple Leafs, Steen didn't make his NHL debut until the 2005-2006 season. After three-and-a-half seasons with the Leafs, Steen was traded to the St. Louis Blues along with Carlo Colaiacovo for Lee Stempniak in a trade that Leaf fans wish never happened. Steen would play the remaining 12 years of his career in St. Louis, winning a Stanley Cup with the Blues in 2019 before being forced to retire due to a degenerative disc disease.

Ahead of this season, Steen was hired by the Blues after spending a few years working in his native Sweden, as a European player development consultant and is now set to become the successor to Doug Armstrong in 2026 as the General Manager of the Blues.

Armstrong will continue to act as the Blues GM until the end of the 2025-2026 season when Steen moves from his now current role of special assistant to the GM chair. Armstrong will stay on as the President of Hockey Operations until his new three-year extension expires at the end of the 2028-2029 season.​

That one still hurts. Why couldn’t he have just been a mediocre hockey player and a radio guy like Coco?

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Not worth a suspension. It’s the Stanley Cup Finals and Draisaitl is trying to get his name on the Cup, of course he’s playing hard and on the edge. That’s what makes it great.

RunItBackAgain

“We were right there”
Oct 14, 2021

It's already set - the refs. That's what they're going with.

• Haha
Reactions: thewave
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $1,632.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: