Around the League - PLAYOFFS!?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Exactly.

Edmonton is counting on Florida overreacting to this event. Panthers have to play hard but clean here. Eyes on the prize and keep Edmonton off the PP. Win Game 3 and the Oilers are done. Get stuff on net because Oilers goaltending is suspect at best.

Panthers are a team that can win the game and still overreact.
I fully expect to be level headed and pick their spots

Tkachuck is a MOFO and so is Bennett. But none of them are overzealous. But there will be a respond when the game is out of hand

We saw that in game 2 against Boston

TheGreenTBer

the only language I speak is FAILURE
Apr 30, 2021

Tkachuck is a MOFO and so is Bennett. But none of them are overzealous. But there will be a respond when the game is out of hand

They have the Oilers on the ropes. They beat them in their own barn to go up 3-0 and the Oilers are absolutely done.

They are a better team. If they can continue to weather the McDrai storm they're going to win this thing.

Sep 18, 2009
The Oiilers better be praying to the hockey gods that they'll get at least one win.

The 2021 Habs were probably the worst team to make the finals in 30+ years and even they managed one win against an even better Bolts roster than the Panthers
Could have been the leafs except Keffe got outcoached and manhandled by Coal Cauliflier

Reactions: Jimmy Firecracker

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON

Unlike some of our favorite players, they seemed to have learned their lessons from losing in the final last year.

Reactions: fahad203

BrannigansLaw

Grown Man
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
In retrospect that playoffs was the biggest missed opportunity in Leafs history in quite some time.

Keefe made mistakes but it wasn't all on him either.

Very sad to reflect on

They would’ve gotten smoked by the Lightning anyway.

They should have at least made a conference final appearance though.

This has never been built to go far in the playoffs period. Even with the most perfect/“easiest” path, they will never win.

You don’t luck into a Cup. That has never happened and never will. They don’t have the character or desire for it.

People need to realize there isn’t some magic combo of things that will somehow happen where our half assed stars will fluke their way to a Cup.

HolyCrap

Oct 2, 2015
If the Panthers lose Barkov the Oilers are going to come back and take this IMO.

If they only lose him for 1 or 2 games, Florida should be able to hold on.
I wouldn’t be surprised if Barkov is out for the series Florida being two games ahead they will take out either Drai or McDavid. It’s only fair and they are team that would do it. That being said I think Barkov is back.

TheGreenTBer

Apr 30, 2021
I wouldn’t be surprised if Barkov is out for the series Florida being two games ahead they will take out either Drai or McDavid. It’s only fair and they are team that would do it. That being said I think Barkov is back.
Yeah it's different if he's out the whole series I agree. If he's out for a game or two, keep your eyes on the prize. If he's out for the series then you absolutely take out one of McDrai as retribution, ethics be damned. If it were a legitimate and honest accident it would be different, but it was inconclusive at best and dirty at worst.

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
In retrospect that playoffs was the biggest missed opportunity in Leafs history in quite some time.

Keefe made mistakes but it wasn't all on him either.

Very sad to reflect on

I think 2019 was also a real missed opportunity in retrospect. Strongest centre depth, strongest forward depth, arguably our strongest defence depth, and Andersen has been our best goalie of this era so far, despite his playoff choke tendencies. All the big contenders were knocked out in round 1 that postseason and had we gotten by Boston we could've gone deep. A few things screwed that roster over though from having home ice and getting by Boston in general. Mainly Babcock but also choosing Sparks over McElhinney definitely cost the team points in the standings.

Reactions: TheGreenTBer

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
If the Panthers lose Barkov the Oilers are going to come back and take this IMO.

If they only lose him for 1 or 2 games, Florida should be able to hold on.
It’s not often you win the Cup without a bunch of guys being banged up or even missing games.
Let’s see if Florida is more than just Barkov.

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
Hopefully Barkov comes back to put the nail in the coffin. l'd award him the Smythe just to pour salt in the wound.

• Haha
Reactions: TheGreenTBer

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
I wouldn't be surprised to see Edmonton win game 3, but they are dealing with a different animal than they did in the western conference series'. This Panthers team is a really traditional Cup team: elite goaltending, elite defensive players, and an entire team that is built to sacrifice for the greater good.

TheGreenTBer

Apr 30, 2021
It’s not often you win the Cup without a bunch of guys being banged up or even missing games.
Let’s see if Florida is more than just Barkov.
They are a lot more than just Barkov but his defensive excellence is a huge reason why McDrai haven't run roughshod.

Reactions: RunItBackAgain

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
The Oiilers better be praying to the hockey gods that they'll get at least one win.

The 2021 Habs were probably the worst team to make the finals in 30+ years and even they managed one win against an even better Bolts roster than the Panthers
100% sure Tkachuk will troll Oilers fans like how Kuch did after Game 5

Reactions: RunItBackAgain

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
l could see this as a rallying point for Florida. l get the feeling they won't make life easy for the Oilers next game.
This could be what Edmonton was hoping for. Distract Florida from their game plan and draw some dirty penalties and capitalize. I was pretty pumped watching the two highest scoring playoff forwards get dirty and show some snarl. Game 3 is a must win now going to be good viewing. Betting Edmonton.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
I've said it a lot, but if Barkov's last name was Barker he would be canonized the way Beregeron has been.
Nobody is dismissing Barkov because he's Finnish. Bergeron was one of the best defensive forwards in NHL history and was consistently elite, year after year. Barkov has had a great year and playoffs defensively, but he does not have anywhere close to the consistency of a Bergeron. If anything, he has historically been overrated in that regard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad