Transfer: 2024 Summer Transfer Window - Open Window Discussion

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Apparently, once Yoro told PSG he wanted Real, they changed their interest. Yoro has apparently contacted them the last few weeks but they have changed target.

Who? Martial?
If so you can get back and I literaly laughed at United spending that much for him.
I said Martial was not a ready player and was too inconsistent. I also added I liked him as CF, not winger.
You forgot to say he was made out of glass. :madfire: He got to play as a CF, unfortunately he kept drifting towards the left wing all the time.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Apparently, once Yoro told PSG he wanted Real, they changed their interest. Yoro has apparently contacted them the last few weeks but they have changed target.

Who? Martial?
If so you can get back and I literaly laughed at United spending that much for him.
I said Martial was not a ready player and was too inconsistent. I also added I liked him as CF, not winger.
I recall you saying he could be a star striker. In the same respect, Yoro could be a star CB. But I'm sure we'll get your revisionist history with him.

• Haha
Reactions: King 88 and Jussi

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
I recall you saying he could be a star striker. In the same respect, Yoro could be a star CB. But I'm sure we'll get your revisionist history with him.
There are have been misses but I am not going to go against him. I prefer him being very optimistic about some players than him being overly negative.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I definitely remember Evilo being hesitant on Martial. I think he said the upside was there, but that the move was way too early and that there were some red flags with motivation if I recall correctly.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Without going back through the posts, I remember this as @Evilo does. He characterized him as a boom-or-bust prospect that if it worked out he could be a star but had a very high likelihood of not reaching that potential.

Reactions: cgf

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Weird, you clearly lie about your "memories" but somehow make up I'm going to lie in the future based on... Your lies.
Fun.

I definitely remember Evilo being hesitant on Martial. I think he said the upside was there, but that the move was way too early and that there were some red flags with motivation if I recall correctly.
Thank you.

Without going back through the posts, I remember this as @Evilo does. He characterized him as a boom-or-bust prospect that if it worked out he could be a star but had a very high likelihood of not reaching that potential.
Thank you.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
For the record I don't mind being wrong on projecting players, it's a hard process.
Contrary to some people's propaganda, I don't particularly overrate French youngsters and I've been critical of plenty.
I've also been right more often than not.
I once wrote that Hazard (then aged 16) could reach heights as high as being 3rd best player in the world behind Messi and Ronaldo. That wasn't too shabby and he's probably the prospect I hyped the most. Not even French!

Reactions: phisherman

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Yoro strikes me as fairly analogous to Varane, except Varane had played significantly less first team football when he was bought by Madrid for 11m (at that point one of the highest fees ever for a teenage defender).

He's definitely a known commodity.

Reactions: Gecklund

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Yoro strikes me as fairly analogous to Varane, except Varane had played significantly less first team football when he was bought by Madrid for 11m (at that point one of the highest fees ever for a teenage defender).

He's definitely a known commodity.
Yes, this is the comparison that comes to mind. Yoro is impeccable in defensive duels, strong in the air, easy with the ball. He doesn't really have a weakness. With experience, he'll progress some more. Sky is the limit.
What could go wrong? Injuries (none so far), focus mistakes (a strong facet for now), finding more talented players too good to defend (did well against the Mbappes of L1). Sure. I wouldn't bet anything on that to happen.
He's IMO already among the best CBs in France and should play in the NT. I see Saliba and Lucas as clearly better. Upamecano, Konate, Todibo and others have had down periods. He hasn't had one yet.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Looking back at posts, Martial is twice the player as Depay, better than Lautaro, better than Giroud, a top 20 striker in 2021, a world class player at striker, was or was close to being world class in 2021, close to elite and on the same level as Lukaku and Mata (and, seemingly, more elite than Salah, Mane, and VVD), etc.

Now, to be fair, there are also posts saying he is just a very very good player but not elite, so it wasn't quite as effusive as I recall, but saying he was world class is pretty goofy. Anyway, we don't have posts from 2015, so I'm not really able to go back and confirm anything else, but I do appreciate Evilo's willingness to call anything a lie, regardless of its accuracy.

After all, I said I recall Evilo saying Martial could be a star striker, turns out I was wrong. Evilo only said he has the potential to be a top striker. I guess that semantic difference is where I erred.

Last edited:

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Looking back at posts, Martial is twice the player as Depay, better than Lautaro, better than Giroud, a top 20 striker in 2021, a world class player at striker, was or was close to being world class in 2021, etc.

Now, to be fair, there are also posts saying he is just a very very good player but not elite, so it wasn't quite as effusive as I recall, but saying he was world class is pretty goofy. Anyway, we don't have posts from 2015, so I'm not really able to go back and confirm anything else, but I do appreciate Evilo's willingness to call anything a lie, regardless of its accuracy.
No doubt because you just have to follow the links to prove what you wrote isn't even the reality.
First link you summed up with Martial is twice the player as Depay
Here is my entire post (remember at the time where Depay stood) :
"Martial is just as talented. And has actually cut it at the highest level.
When Depay is capable is being half the player Martial is in the CL, call me back.
Martial on Monaco CL run did more at 19 years of age than Depay in any CL run of his career."

That's not even disenginuous. It's just lies.

About Lautaro, again at the time.

About Giroud, another lie. Read the post you quoted. I said DD could call Lacazette, Martial or Griezmann. Hardly what you wrote. Dishonest and outright lying again.

About the top 20 thing I said, in 2021, that it wasn't easy then to find 19 better strikers than Martial. Which was right at the time.

About being world class, again outright lies. I wrote the following :
Question from PB about Mbappe : Do you think he's better than Martial was at the same age?

Way way way better.
Though to be fair I didn't rate Martial much at that age. Don't think he'll be a world class player either until he's played at striker, where I like him much bett er.

I'm literally saying Martial won't be a WC player and that I didn't rate him much at Mbappe's age (which was the initial point BTW).

Lies again.

And finally dishonest again.
I wrote the following :
How many of those PSG players ARE or have been close to world class? Kimpembe, Coman, Rabiot. That's it.
Lyon? Aouar, Fekir, Benzema, Ben Arfa, Lacazette, Martial and Tolisso all qualify more or less .
I clearly said more or less.

So you went through a ravage search through years and couldn't find a SINGLE post that agreed with your lies so you didn't hesitate to misquote me by linking to posts saying exactly what I said and even stressing once that I didn't rate him much when he was Mbappe's age.
You even wrote that it was goofy to write something I didn't write. Wow.

So much effort and time lost to ridicule yourself. Well done.

JPBolts

Jun 21, 2019

Jesus. No wonder he wants to leave

absolute crazy offer. I like him but we're making a significant profit on a player who is probably not in the starting XI. Rumors with us going after our good buddy from last year João Félix

Reactions: le_sean

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
absolute crazy offer. I like him but we're making a significant profit on a player who is probably not in the starting XI. Rumors with us going after our good buddy from last year João Félix
Another guy I never really rated. Still sad to see him retire this early.

Reactions: JPBolts

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
That's not even disenginuous. It's just lies.
You said that Depay wasn't capable of playing half as well as Martial. Ergo, Martial must be at least twice the player. Pretty basic concept, for most.
About Giroud, another lie. Read the post you quoted. I said DD could call Lacazette, Martial or Griezmann. Hardly what you wrote. Dishonest and outright lying again.
Right, you asked for DD to call up those three over Giroud, which implies you thought Martial was better than Giroud. Either that or you were asking your national team to call up an inferior player. I will admit to being wrong if that was your intent.
About the top 20 thing I said, in 2021, that it wasn't easy then to find 19 better strikers than Martial. Which was right at the time.
It really wasn't, but regardless, you ended up with him being a top ~12 striker in the world, which was you being high on him.
Way way way better.
Though to be fair I didn't rate Martial much at that age. Don't think he'll be a world class player either until he's played at striker, where I like him much bett er.
Right, I bolded the key word. You said he wouldn't be a world class player UNTIL he's played at striker, which carries the implication that, if played at striker he would be a world class player. Clearly a sign of your analysis of his potential at striker.
I'm literally saying Martial won't be a WC player and that I didn't rate him much at Mbappe's age (which was the initial point BTW).
I think being rated less than Mbappe means much in this context. That's like saying that because Mbappe is worse than Messi, you aren't high on Mbappe.
I clearly said more or less.
Okay, so he's more or less world class. In other words, he's approximately world class, which given that my original statement was that you were high on him, saying he's approximately world class certainly qualifies.
So you went through a ravage search through years and couldn't find a SINGLE post that agreed with your lies so you didn't hesitate to misquote me by linking to posts saying exactly what I said and even stressing once that I didn't rate him much when he was Mbappe's age.
Sure, other than the posts where you called him elite, world class, and a potential top striker. Other than those posts, I did not find any posts where you were high on him.
You even wrote that it was goofy to write something I didn't write. Wow.
Hell yeah, dude, deny your own words! Gaslight away!
So much effort and time lost to ridicule yourself. Well done.
Shockingly, you repeatedly denying the meaning of your posts and just fitting the word lies in as many times as possible, does very little to ridicule me. I get it, you waffle as much as possible to always be right. How was your time in Milwaukee this week?

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Unreal. You continue to lie and dig deeper into your BS.
I won't even answer to every lie you wrote, I have other things to do.
Just one example : I wrote I didn't rate Martial much in the Mbappe discussion and yet you sum it up by using the Mbappe/Messi comparison. Amazing.
Have fun!

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Unreal. You continue to lie and dig deeper into your BS.
I won't even answer to every lie you wrote, I have other things to do.
Just one example : I wrote I didn't rate Martial much in the Mbappe discussion and yet you sum it up by using the Mbappe/Messi comparison. Amazing.
Have fun!
I mean, he's a lawyer so you should know what you're getting yourself into. His job is all about going back and finding evidence to use.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
After Bailey and bringing back Philogene, Villa need a second striker more than they need Diaby. Felix would be a nice addition. He’s still just 24

Reactions: JPBolts

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Barca are still favourites to sign Nico Williams, but The Athletic and Fabrizio Romano (tier 1) both say that Arsenal can offer all the money upfront for his release clause while Barcelona cannot (Bilbao wants all the money in a single transaction). That could make Arsenal the favourites when everything is said and done.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad