Transfer: 2024 Summer Transfer Window - Open Window Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Madrid made a mistake, too bad for them.
Happy he doesn't join them, sad to see him leave L1, good job by Lille and United.
The other teams who could have afforded him will likely regret.
You really think Yoro is going to stay his entire career at United? I give it three to four years and he's out of there. This is still a high risk signing regardless.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
It seems Perez only has this mindset for defenders. Spends on Endrick when you know Mbappe will eventually come. Area when you have Rodrygo, Diaz. Bellingham when you have 3 really good young midfielders.

Obviously it’s not the same. But Perez acting like he should get a discount because the player only wants Madrid kinda only happened with Camavinga.

I can’t overly complain because Perez usually gets who he wants but a very obvious whiff at a huge position of need.
Perez the Great went Pejorative Slured, he spent like 200 million buying all the top calibre midfielders (Bellingham, Tchouameni, Camavinga) who all can't play in a match and probably doesn't have the funds to buy/want Yoro for 50 million.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Nah it's not sticking with his valuation.
Perez wants payers to force to leave on a free.
And there's no other fish like Yoro available.
This is the part I think most have issues with. Sure it worked with M'babbe. But do you have to try it with every talent? Comes across a bit entitled. I have no problem with the amount United paid, happy Lille got what they deserved and happy the kid did them right.

----------------------------------------------------

LENYYYYYYYY, MY BOY!!!!!

Last edited:

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
I get a feeling that Real Madrid will try getting a bigger fish than Yoro. I will get hated by their fanbase (Arsenal) but I would not be surprised if they go for Saliba either this summer or next. They would want a more proven player than Yoro.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
You really think Yoro is going to stay his entire career at United? I give it three to four years and he's out of there. This is still a high risk signing regardless.
Given Yoro's talents, I don't consider it a risk. A risk would be a guy like Antony who couldn't produce offensive numbers in an offensive only league, with the highest scoring team.
Yoro will either be average and be sold for 40+ minimum or shine and can be sold 120+ in a few years.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
I get a feeling that Real Madrid will try getting a bigger fish than Yoro. I will get hated by their fanbase (Arsenal) but I would not be surprised if they go for Saliba either this summer or next. They would want a more proven player than Yoro.
I immediately thought we would try to get Saliba but he just extended I’m pretty sure and will cost.. what? 100m+ pretty easily. Yoro could’ve been 3rd CB, played a ton this year and eventually step in as a starter as Rudi regresses

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
ty-aftv.gif

• Haha
Reactions: al secord

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
I think most Arsenal fans expect Real to come in at some point.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
It is not going to be this Summer.

Right now, the Madrid aggregators are saying that there is no plan B. We will probably go for a loan like we did for striker last year and spot the next big target, maybe Saliba indeed, for next Summer.

It would not be my strategy as I think CB could REALLY be a weakness if we get injuries. However, from what I understand, our management believes that Tchouameni can play CB when needed. I do not disagree, but I am not sure this is what the player signed up for.

Last edited:

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
Well because of his stubbornness, he'll miss out on the best CB you get out there. Even though Real desperately needs one. Even though they have the money.
If you don't see what's counter productive, that's your problem.

He is more proven than MacAllister was when he joined yes. So...
Nah we’ll force Tchouameni to play CB lol

Reactions: luiginb

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
I mean I get your overall point but out of those guys you named only 2 (Mount, Rashford) should be getting regular game time and 1 (Mount) of those 2 is questionable at best. AWB and Casemiro seem to be getting sold. Evans is a back up for the back ups option.
Fair, but even still, that group of players have enough talent to not give up 20+ shots to a bottom half Norwegian side

I don't even think the price for Yoro is that bad. Sure he has one year left, but what's the asking price for 18 year old CBs with that level of a ceiling?
Was 30M a few seasons ago.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Yeah I'm surprised with @Savant 's point here.
Yoro is arguably the best CB prospect in the world. He' s extremely young. There should be a bidding war for him. PSG, Real and United were after him.
Real thought they could wait a year or spend 20M.
PSG was asked the infamous 80M.
United has made a great signing.
Even if Yoro has a so-so performance with them, they could still sell him for 40M if he doesn't pan out given his previous performances.
You see some big team spending 40,50,60 even 70M on guys with potential but completely unproven. Yoro is not unproven.
United's price of 70M isn't that far from the ask for PSG, so it's not like PSG couldn't have gone after him if they really wanted. I think the point is that there was a bidding war, but United still paid well above where the other teams supposedly were, and I wouldn't guess they're putting him on cheap wages, given that they needed to convince him to go to Manchester when he wanted Madrid.

If he hits his potential, then it doesn't matter how much they spent, but acting like United did anything other than pay a boat load more than anyone else was willing is silly. It's not a new United in terms of process; it remains to be seen if its a new United in terms of talent identification.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
They can go for him all they want. If that's their plan, they should have signed Yoro.
Given Yoro's talents, I don't consider it a risk. A risk would be a guy like Antony who couldn't produce offensive numbers in an offensive only league, with the highest scoring team.
Yoro will either be average and be sold for 40+ minimum or shine and can be sold 120+ in a few years.
I seem to recall you being very high on the last big French teenager to go to United for a huge amount.

I think you also overestimate the resale market for Yoro if he doesn't shine. High wages are hard to move.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
They can go for him all they want. If that's their plan, they should have signed Yoro.

I seem to recall you being very high on the last big French teenager to go to United for a huge amount.

I think you also overestimate the resale market for Yoro if he doesn't shine. High wages are hard to move.
113k going up to 145 with bonuses is not "high wages" in today's game.

Reactions: Gecklund

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
United's price of 70M isn't that far from the ask for PSG, so it's not like PSG couldn't have gone after him if they really wanted. I think the point is that there was a bidding war, but United still paid well above where the other teams supposedly were, and I wouldn't guess they're putting him on cheap wages, given that they needed to convince him to go to Manchester when he wanted Madrid.

If he hits his potential, then it doesn't matter how much they spent, but acting like United did anything other than pay a boat load more than anyone else was willing is silly. It's not a new United in terms of process; it remains to be seen if its a new United in terms of talent identification.
Apparently, once Yoro told PSG he wanted Real, they changed their interest. Yoro has apparently contacted them the last few weeks but they have changed target.

Who? Martial?
If so you can get back and I literaly laughed at United spending that much for him.
I said Martial was not a ready player and was too inconsistent. I also added I liked him as CF, not winger.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Even if it is 150k/week that's still not prohibitively high wages. Especially if you account for 3-4 years wage growth before a potential next sale.

It would be tied 9th on Arsenal. 5th on Spurs. 14th on City. 8th on United. 9th on Chelsea. 4th on Liverpool.
Sure, but that group of teams isn't the relevant group of teams to look at if he disappoints.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad