Transfer: 2024 Summer Transfer Window - Open Window Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
You just had a season where you finished second worst in all top 5 leagues in shots against
tumblr_ozku6qo6vm1skq961o8_250.gif

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
It’s above market value but if Yoro turns out to be anything of what is expected of him, that’s going to be a huge bargain.

Madrid’s entire back line is basically old. This should’ve been an easy decision to at least go to 40 or 50 and see what happened from there. Not offer 25!
Yeah, I do not get the strategy either. I guess we got arrogant after getting Mbappé for free and bullying other teams for other players.

Yoro was a legit need and we decided to low ball Lille when we clearly had the inside track.

Reactions: Jussi and Tony Romo

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Everton finding out that they're not dealing with idiots anymore.
I mean…..Everton

Yeah, I do not get the strategy either. I guess we got arrogant after getting Mbappé for free and bullying other teams for other players.

Yoro was a legit need and we decided to low ball Lille when we clearly had the inside track.
Hasn’t bit Madrid since Alisson really

• Haha
Reactions: Jussi

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
No, I guess not.

However, we are down to two healthy CBs. We do not know when Alaba will come back and we lost Nacho to Saudi.

There is still a lot of time left in the mercato to get something done at CB, but it is a HUGE need IMO.
Yeah I mean they’ll get someone else. United put a truly…rare….offer out but if he hits no one will care. But Madrid isn’t necessarily wrong if they think the United offer is too silly to match.

EPL proven!
United is badly run. Everton is catastrophically run.

I keep going back and forth on Branthwaite. I’m not sure how good I think he will be. Tough to evaluate center backs in Dyche system. Good tape at PSV but Dutch League things. At the same time, what other club is going to drop 50m + on him besides United? Everton might not have to sell though with Onana going to Villa but they are such a mess who knows

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
With a bunch of juniors.
How is that different compared to when the seniors were doing it almost every week last season? Especially with the same coaching staff. What has changed exactly?

Also not exactly a kid team that got sent out. AWB, Evans, Mount, Casemiro (lol), Rashford all started. Hannibal started.

There’s something going on tactically there. Maybe ETH figures it out during those shiny new extension years

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Lille's all recent sold team

Maignan
Yoro-Botman-Gabriel
Baleba-Onana-Soumare-Thiago Mendes
Pepe-Osimhen-Leao

Soon : David

• Wow
Reactions: Eye of Ra

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
How is that different compared to when the seniors were doing it almost every week last season? Especially with the same coaching staff. What has changed exactly?

Also not exactly a kid team that got sent out. AWB, Evans, Mount, Casemiro (lol), Rashford all started. Hannibal started.

There’s something going on tactically there. Maybe ETH figures it out during those shiny new extension years
It's not the same coaching staff. Training camp started out a week earlier and Ruud and Hake couldn't even start immediately.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Yeah I mean they’ll get someone else. United put a truly…rare….offer out but if he hits no one will care. But Madrid isn’t necessarily wrong if they think the United offer is too silly to match.

United is badly run. Everton is catastrophically run.

I keep going back and forth on Branthwaite. I’m not sure how good I think he will be. Tough to evaluate center backs in Dyche system. Good tape at PSV but Dutch League things. At the same time, what other club is going to drop 50m + on him besides United? Everton might not have to sell though with Onana going to Villa but they are such a mess who knows
We did not need to match it, we needed to be at least serious.

Reactions: Tony Romo

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California

I mean I get your overall point but out of those guys you named only 2 (Mount, Rashford) should be getting regular game time and 1 (Mount) of those 2 is questionable at best. AWB and Casemiro seem to be getting sold. Evans is a back up for the back ups option.

Reactions: Jussi

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
What's the plan for RB?

It seems like ETH loves Dalot and he might be the main guy, but he definitely needs a solid backup. He's not great defensively and shouldn't be a guy playing 50+ games all comps.
Isn’t there talk they are going for a fullback out of Turkey? I don’t remember what side his normal one is but I think he plays both.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I mean I get your overall point but out of those guys you named only 2 (Mount, Rashford) should be getting regular game time and 1 (Mount) of those 2 is questionable at best. AWB and Casemiro seem to be getting sold. Evans is a back up for the back ups option.
There is a mountain of evidence from the last 12 months that conceding that volume of shots is the norm. Also, Rosenborg is a miserable Norwegian League team. The standards are miserable

Reactions: Tasty Biscuits

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad