What's going on with Johnny Hockey?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
I do not know the process in north america but here you bring a priest when informing the parents and partner. Sometimes it takes a little longer, especially if you have to contact police in other districts (or in this case country).
This is why the media won't report and why people shouldn't rush to post on social media.

This is not news, this is a tragedy.

A Loyal Demidog

Marc Bergevin's Bitch
Oct 20, 2016
Someone should tell the redditor that we aren’t in standard time.
EDIT: Actually this post was made at 9:40pm and NOT 6:40pm. Don't know why it's written EDT, but it was 9:40pm.

tMmRQpf.png

Reactions: David McConnor

Cake Eater

Jan 19, 2022
I do not know the process in north america but here you bring a priest when informing the parents and partner. Sometimes it takes a little longer, especially if you have to contact police in other districts (or in this case country).
This is why the media won't report and why people shouldn't rush to post on social media.

This is not news, this is a tragedy.
Yeah they famously became a country to try to separate church and state. They didn’t do a good job at it, but they tried initially.

Also it can be news and a tragedy. Both can be true.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Thats how it normally works but because he’s a public figure and a pro athlete I’m sure the family is notifying the NHL and bluejackets and they will have a press release to confirm.

Unfortunately we live in a world where technology and social media allows word to travel fast
I would think the family would very quickly contact his agent, who would deal with that type of stuff (talk to the team, NHL, NHLPA, etc.).

Walksss

Mar 26, 2013
Horrible tragedy if this is true, which it seems is likely.

I really wish the handful of you guys trying to out virtue signal everybody else would just give it a rest.

Everybody should just have the Gaudreau family in your thoughts and be respectful. It doesn't matter who broke the story or what names you want to call them, this is a horrible night, have some decorum.

Yackiberg8

Mar 11, 2016
Halifax
Not looking for an argument, just try and be a decent human being. You speculating about details of the accident and trying to blame them somehow is sickening.
I certainly did not speculate or try to blame anyone. I responded to someone saying biking alongside cars at night isn’t dangerous which isn’t true. Just a statement, you don’t need to twist it around so that you can complain.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Too much time has passed for me to not believe this.

I'm absolutely heartbroken.
yeah, sadly it seems true. As soon as this rumor gained massive traction (I first saw it on a sub-reddit completely unrelated to Hockey and sports in general), and there is no way this story hasn't reached the NHL, NHLPA, Columbus, his agent etc.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
His poor sister though. Having the death of your brother associated with your wedding day and anniversary day moving forward is just all kinds of terrible. Not to mention the feelings of guilt, ugh.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
His poor sister though. Having the death of your brother associated with your wedding day and anniversary day moving forward is just all kinds of terrible. Not to mention the feelings of guilt, ugh.
Both her brothers unfortunately if this is true. I doubt anyone is condition to try to have the wedding go ahead tomorrow.

Reactions: Bartcal
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad