Ticket prices 2024 - $$$

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
So I have my half season , great, and I usually buy an additional amount to accommodate family members and have anothe 2500$ to spend on the Sens On Demand platform.

I could blow through that whole amount on one Leafs game.

There are some deals to be had, if you go to the weaker opponents and non-marquee games. I was finding tickets in 112 for 122$, not bad, but if you want to go see an original six team, the cheapest ticket , in the Milk Zone, is upwards of 170$. Nevermind Club Seats that are over $400.

Examples:

Islanders ...................MILK ZONE 314.............................36$
Penguins..................................................................................76$
Leafs.........................................................................................175$
Montreal.................................................................................97$

Is this how you encourage Senators fans to support their team? Who the hell would spend 175 on the cheapest ticket to watch the Senators. Those are playoffs prices.

If they want to fill the barn with Sens fans, especially against Toronto, Ottawa, Boston, etc...they are going to have to find a better way of doing it. I mean, the businessman in me was expecting this: you don't spend $1B on a team, and all that comes with it, without trying to recoup your investment, and honestly I am lucky that I have the disposable income. And I know for a lot of games, there are some very reasonable prices for Sens fans. But, boy oh boy, the surge pricing is a little ridiculous

Last edited:

StoicSensFan

ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ
Feb 6, 2014
Cantley
The only way out of this is winning games, the better we are as a team the more Sens fans will show up to Leafs games. It's unfortunately very lucrative to buy and resell Sens-Leafs tickets, maybe upping the price will cut down a bunch of reselling.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
The only way out of this is winning games, the better we are as a team the more Sens fans will show up to Leafs games. It's unfortunately very lucrative to buy and resell Sens-Leafs tickets, maybe upping the price will cut down a bunch of reselling.
The thing is , there will always be that "one game of the year" for those types, Leafs, Habs fans, etc...that can never compete with Senator fans who have 40 other games to choose from. I just can't see how anyone in their right mind, who is not a STH, would buy these tickets to watch Ottawa play

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Going to games that aren’t playoffs Agnes or to Alary games just isn’t worth it for the costs anymore. Who wants to spend $200 on a Tuesday night in the winter to watch Columbus, Buffalo, Detroit, Blackhawks - The league should be run like this:

1. Max price in any market for a family of 4 to go to a game should be $150 with parking and kids toys included

2. Set your salary stucture and ticket prices off of this - so the Cap should be around $20 million for the season

3. Average high end NHL Salary should be $1 million for Clae Makar.

4. f*** the owners profits, go buy an Oil comp ay if you don’t like it

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
1726241465160.png

The owner will charge the prices, they feel the Market will pay. They’ve paid experts who’ve analysed their market to death, and know where to set the prices, to maximise profit.

The owners are in business to make, not lose money.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Going to games that aren’t playoffs Agnes or to Alary games just isn’t worth it for the costs anymore. Who wants to spend $200 on a Tuesday night in the winter to watch Columbus, Buffalo, Detroit, Blackhawks - The league should be run like this:

1. Max price in any market for a family of 4 to go to a game should be $150 with parking and kids toys included

2. Set your salary stucture and ticket prices off of this - so the Cap should be around $20 million for the season

I don't disagree, but it's not going to change.

Pro sports just isn't really for the middle class anymore and people can either break themselves to see live sports or use their limited funds for the things that really matter.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
View attachment 906778

The owner will charge the prices, they feel the Market will pay. They’ve paid experts who’ve analysed their market to death, and know where to set the prices, to maximise profit.

The owners are in business to make, not lose money.

Who says you can’t make money at a $20 ticket price? This ain’t an anti profit argument it’s a pro affordability argument for the fans.

I don't disagree, but it's not going to change.

Pro sports just isn't really for the middle class anymore and people can either break themselves to see live sports or use their limited funds for the things that really matter.

They say it’s for the community but pro sports has always been to expensive for many families and that sucks. Hockey is a rich persons game to play, it shouldn’t be a rich persons game to see live.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Enter women’s sports. Affordable, finally have the story lines and women are watching and playing more sports then 30 years ago

You can’t even get stats off the NFL website without paying for an account. Shits outta control.
Ya that and lower level sports can fill the need for some. I personally am mostly only interested in NHL, NBA, MLB and NFL pretty much exclusively.

All the more reason for people to use other means to get around it. Our Corporate Overlords be damned. I have no streaming subscriptions of any kind other than the TSN Go and Sportsnet Now my TV provider gives me for subscribing to those channels. I keep it on seasonal suspend 6 months of the year, but the apps remain active all year.

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
There is only one Leafs game this year.

The Leafs game is not marketed at Senators fans. It is marketed at Leafs fans. The price floor to see a Leafs game in Toronto is already very high. The prices are based around that.

There is no way to market that game at Senators fans, because they will just be resold to Leafs fans at a profit. So they are marketed towards Leafs fans.

I bought the cheapest half season package. I will sell a few marquee games to subsidize the package, because I don't really care about who they are playing, it's just about going to a Sens game. (If you see a guy in a Ceci jersey come say hi and ask him if he is Frightened Inmate Number 2.)

Ticket prices increasing is bitter sweet, because people want the team to be successful, but at the same time I miss the days before they were on Ticketmaster when I could buy $10-$15 tickets on Stubhub and go to a game on a whim.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009

The Leafs game is not marketed at Senators fans. It is marketed at Leafs fans. The price floor to see a Leafs game in Toronto is already very high. The prices are based around that.

There is no way to market that game at Senators fans, because they will just be resold to Leafs fans at a profit. So they are marketed towards Leafs fans.

I bought the cheapest half season package. I will sell a few marquee games to subsidize the package, because I don't really care about who they are playing, it's just about going to a Sens game. (If you see a guy in a Ceci jersey come say hi and ask him if he is Frightened Inmate Number 2.)

Ticket prices increasing is bitter sweet, because people want the team to be successful, but at the same time I miss the days before they were on Ticketmaster when I could buy $10-$15 tickets on Stubhub and go to a game on a whim.
In their defence, and they have advertised this, they have thousands of tickets locked in under 50 bucks, I think , and good on them for that. The clientele of the games is getting younger and younger, which is great to see

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville

Don't you think I didn't notice your photoshopped avatar with Ceci on it!

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
What's an easier sell to recoup season ticket dollars if I can't use any of the trade options?

Sell the Leafs/Habs pre-season games as is (which don't sell at the same premium as a typical Leafs game)?

Or swap those for an afternoon game and sell those?

I suspect the afternoon games will be in demand with the timing of them in October, and everybody wanting to celebrate Spartacat's birthday.

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison

People would just resell the tickets, and someone would get rich off the league other than Cale Makar and Eugene Melnyk.

Going to NHL games isn't affordable. Some things just aren't ever going to be that way.

The good thing is that the average kid doesn't care about the difference between different live sporting events (67s, whatever our basketball team is called, etc). There are always affordable substitute products, give aways, etc. There are things like pre-season games where they give away tickets. Fan fest.

I never could afford to go to Senators games as a kid. I had a great time causing all kinds of trouble at 67s games with free tickets. Who wants to see Daniel Alfredsson for $200 when you get to see a freaking prime junior stud like Matt Foy, and then get his autograph while asking him which one of the team set cards he is because you have no idea who any of the players are.

Last edited:

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

I'm totally ok with the Sens exploiting the leafs fanbase in the city. :D

It does suck that prices are going up...but we all knew this would happen with new ownership.

I think the real problem is the rest of western civilization. What a horrible time for Andy to spend a billion dollars on a luxury product....right at a time when middle and lower classes are being squeezed and having a hard time just trying to survive.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Now imagine the ticket prices when they build a new arena.......Yikes. Don't wish for a new arena just yet.

but you can at least make a night of it, go out for dinner after, run into a pub 15 minutes after the game, use the energy of the night so continue the night.

When the game is over in Kanata at 10pm it’s “hey bro, how about a 30 minute traffic jam at 10pm out here in a farmers field, every night for 41 nights. Cool right!”

Sens games don’t lead to anything else besides bedtime, in Montreal you walk out and go for a steak, in Van you go outside and if there isn’t a riot you have drinking and drug options, in Toronto you go outside and just breath the excellence on the other Torontonians Co2.

The problem with Kanata is it’s completely dead. The game ends and your night ends.

mysens

Apr 9, 2013
but you can at least make a night of it, go out for dinner after, run into a pub 15 minutes after the game, use the energy of the night so continue the night.

When the game is over in Kanata at 10pm it’s “hey bro, how about a 30 minute traffic jam at 10pm out here in a farmers field, every night for 41 nights. Cool right!”

Sens games don’t lead to anything else besides bedtime, in Montreal you walk out and go for a steak, in Van you go outside and if there isn’t a riot you have drinking and drug options, in Toronto you go outside and just breath the excellence on the other Torontonians Co2.

The problem with Kanata is it’s completely dead. The game ends and your night ends.
True true....a $1000.00 later.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad