Post-Game Talk: PROSPECTS - - Penguins 6 BRUINS 3 ( from Buffalo)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Typical overreaction in here.
Sounds like it Ali. This tournament isn't about winning, it's about finding out if there are any hidden gems who can (and just as important, who can't/won't) play for the B's organization in the next several years. It was a test drive. Conversely, because many of these kids are probably free to sign with any organization (not sure but it feels that way to me) I'm sure all of the teams FO people and coaches are there to scout out any potential diamonds in the rough. JMHO. The final score is irrelevant.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I don’t think they sending anyone to this tournament that have a chance of playing for the big boys this season.

You never know. 3 guys who payed in the tourney last year ended up playing in Boston last year, 2 made the opening night roster, I don't think anyone from this group will make the opening night roster, but I certainly wouldn't bet against someone emerging from this group and playing in Boston at some point this season. I'm thinking Duran, Kuntar or Farinacci

IveGotToBeMe

Sponsor
Jul 1, 2012
RI
I just want to be clear, because I respect this community, all I tried to do yesterday was give a game summary. My comment about the likelihood that anyone would make the big club from this tournament roster was just an opinion, an observation at a very early stage of the offseason. It was not intended to draw the ire of others in this community and, as stated earlier, the purpose of my original post was to provide a summary for those who were unable to watch the action. Midday Friday is challenging for most but I'm retired and it gave me a chance to get into hockey mode while I watch the Sox fade away and the Pats try to compete. I will refrain from any further game summaries in light of the fact that I apparently caused disagreement and frustration with my comments.

Just to keep it real, I've been a Bruins fan since the 60s. This isn't my first rodeo, I just tend to not "participate" on the boards as much as others. Now I understand why (and please don't patronize me with the "oh, someone is butthurt" posts). Believe me this is not worth it. I'll continue to be a passive poster and an active reader.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
I just want to be clear, because I respect this community, all I tried to do yesterday was give a game summary. My comment about the likelihood that anyone would make the big club from this tournament roster was just an opinion, an observation at a very early stage of the offseason. It was not intended to draw the ire of others in this community and, as stated earlier, the purpose of my original post was to provide a summary for those who were unable to watch the action. Midday Friday is challenging for most but I'm retired and it gave me a chance to get into hockey mode while I watch the Sox fade away and the Pats try to compete. I will refrain from any further game summaries in light of the fact that I apparently caused disagreement and frustration with my comments.

Just to keep it real, I've been a Bruins fan since the 60s. This isn't my first rodeo, I just tend to not "participate" on the boards as much as others. Now I understand why (and please don't patronize me with the "oh, someone is butthurt" posts). Believe me this is not worth it. I'll continue to be a passive poster and an active reader.
Your user name is outstanding

Wish I could find video of Derek show

Keep posting summaries I thought it was real good - didn’t read everyone or what problems are with it

Reactions: BBruins

Beantown Billy

“I’m Ready”
Apr 16, 2022
Victoria BC

Keep it up-who gives a shit what anybody else thinks!

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010

I agree with your summary. I don’t think there is anyone at that tournament that will be playing for Boston opening night.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005

The only people complaining are likely ones who didn't watch the game and just don't want to hear anything other than good news. Your report wasn't at all negative, not sure what the issue anyone had with it.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
The only people complaining are likely ones who didn't watch the game and just don't want to hear anything other than good news. Your report wasn't at all negative, not sure what the issue anyone had with it.

There was some good news. I thought Harrison looked like he has some tools to create offence. I only watched the first period though.

Reactions: Dr Quincy

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida

Thank you for your summary of the game and your insights. Like many I don't get to watch training camps and exhibition games so what people share I enjoy and appreciate.

This board is a large family of passionate Bruins fans. And like with most families sometimes brothers and sisters don't always agree and sometimes have strong feelings and this being a discussion board they voice their options. But don't take certain comments personally or let that stop you from sharing your thoughts and insights. As I am sure you know, we have a great group of moderators who will step in and do their best to keep things civil should individuals take liberties.

I appreciate everyone's contributions to this site, even those I don't agree with. In the future if you feel you have something, anything you want to share, do so. I look forward to your opinions and thoughts concerning our team, so don't be hesitant. Again, thank you for your game summary.

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton

Keep posting , man . I liked your summary.

Reactions: BBruins

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad