What's going on with Johnny Hockey?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patrik

Mar 5, 2017
If true why in god's green earth was Gaudreau and his brother out on bicycles, on a public street, more than hour after sunset.

It's horribly tragic, but so is Russian Roulette. And yes I know biking at night is safer than Russian Roulette, but with is means he should have zero reason to take such risk in the first place.
Its literally just bicycling.. why are you trying to make it sound like some super dangerous activity

Such a sad story if true. RIP.

Monsieur Miz

Nov 3, 2017
If true why in god's green earth was Gaudreau and his brother out on bicycles, on a public street, more than hour after sunset.

It's horribly tragic, but so is Russian Roulette. And yes I know biking at night is safer than Russian Roulette, but with is means he should have zero reason to take such risk in the first place.

I don't understand what you're trying to say. I've been going for walks after sunset every day for almost my entire life. There's a risk of you dying every time you step outside. It could've happened in broad daylight when cars tend to go faster. It's just an horrible accident.

Cake Eater

Jan 19, 2022

Can we not blame the purported victims just yet? Like blaming a girl getting sexually assaulted for “dressing like that”

Iwishihadaspacebar

Apr 27, 2021
I don't know the process in the US but the police here would only release a name when the family of the deceased have been contacted and told. If nobody has been contacted, then no name shared.

Sad story whether it is JG or not.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
The fact that people have been bombarding the police station with calls for hours, yet nobody in Gaudreau's camp (including himself) have put out the fire, tells me that it's most likely NOT a rumor. They would have issued a quick, straight to the point statement saying he is fine, and to stop harassing the authorities about a silly rumor.

There is no way they'd let it go on this long when it's tying up the damn phone lines at the precinct.
There’s proper protocol to follow. Point is this is the result of irresponsible journalism. The authorities have a job to do. Let them do it.

Cake Eater

Jan 19, 2022
I don't know the process in the US but the police here would only release a name when the family of the deceased have been contacted and told. If nobody has been contacted, then no name shared.

Family would have been contacted many hours ago.

Conan

Sep 13, 2009
IMG_9618.png

Area is closed off. Reports 2 male bicyclists struck and killed on the street Johnny’s family lives on.

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
RE: irresponsible journalism

Have any actual journalists gone so far as to post the speculation or rumor? I don’t think I’ve seen anyone from the hockey journalist community do that? But maybe it’s just been removed already?

What I’ve seen instead is the insidious side of social media where select nobodies want to be the first to tell the world.

But it feels like there is a bit of a witch-hunt against actual journalists for something that I haven’t seen them do yet?

Reactions: Elvs

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
RE: irresponsible journalism

Have any actual journalists gone so far as to post the speculation or rumor? I don’t think I’ve seen anyone from the hockey journalist community do that? But maybe it’s just been removed already?

What I’ve seen instead is the insidious side of social media where select nobodies want to be the first to tell the world.

But it feels like there is a bit of a witch-hunt against actual journalists for something that I haven’t seen them do yet?
There’s a difference between journalism and journalist.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
R.I.P Jonny.

View attachment 903973

Unconfirmed reports are circulating that Johnny Gaudreau, the NHL player known as "Johnny Hockey," has died following a cycling accident in Salem County, New Jersey. The incident reportedly occurred on the evening of August 29, 2024, when Gaudreau and a family member were struck by a vehicle while cycling.

Local authorities have confirmed that two bicyclists were killed, but have not released their identities yet.While some sources, including former NHL referee Tim Peel, have claimed that Gaudreau has died, there has been no official confirmation from reputable news outlets or the NHL itself. The situation remains fluid, with many on social media expressing concern and disbelief over the news. As of now, the reports should be treated as rumors until verified by official channels.
I’m gonna take it easy on you, because not everyone is familiar with the Twitter user you posted.

He’s far less credible than Tim Peel.

He once went off on Twitter about 12 years ago about how he heard Wayne Gretzky was in the hospital. Gretzky’s daughter even called him out and he tried to walk it back that he was just given wrong information by one of his sources.

Reactions: Devilsfan118

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
There’s proper protocol to follow. Point is this is the result of irresponsible journalism. The authorities have a job to do. Let them do it.
Oh I absolutely understand regarding proper protocol. And I completely agree....it's beyond irresponsible journalism. And it's not just journalism, but also social media in general. I'm starting to hate social media more and more each day, but that's a whole other discussion.

Point is, the horrible way that it's being handled aside, I think the writing is on the wall.

StlBill

Jul 1, 2018
I will choose to remember this brilliant hockey player on Brady’s shoulders while Matthew ensures he doesn’t fall, absolutely having a blast. If true RIP Johnny…

Reactions: Paradise Circus

Yackiberg8

Mar 11, 2016
Halifax
Its literally just bicycling.. why are you trying to make it sound like some super dangerous activity

Such a sad story if true. RIP.
Obviously biking alongside a 4,000 pound car travelling at high speed is inherently dangerous. Add in poor visibility and the danger increases.

Shark Finn

∀dministrator
Jan 5, 2012
Herwood

Yeah, we really do need curfew.. Seriously, what?

A Loyal Demidog

Marc Bergevin's Bitch
Oct 20, 2016

According to Reddit, the accident happened around 6:30pm EST. A Redditor posted on a Phillies subforum about Johnny Gaudreau being struck by a car and dying shortly after 6:30pm.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland

Thats how it normally works but because he’s a public figure and a pro athlete I’m sure the family is notifying the NHL and bluejackets and they will have a press release to confirm.

Unfortunately we live in a world where technology and social media allows word to travel fast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad