What's going on with Johnny Hockey?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Matty Sundin

Jul 18, 2006

I hope it is troll but the account was made tonight
Since this topic has turned into what is a source or not. An account made tonight is hardly a source. I will admit that it’s troubling a disgraced referee is the only source as he seems like the type of human being to want to the one to break this news. Almost every other respected insider has been quiet on this.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Reading the tea leaves, I think it’s unfortunately true. Peel, while a clown, isn’t going to cite Calgary area reporters. And I don’t think the Gaudreau camp is going to sit on this rumor for this many hours without a denial if it was untrue. Completely reasonable for them not to respond if it is true however. I’ve seen many a threads closed on here about this, but this one looks like it’s sticking around. So I’ll go ahead and say my peace:

RIP Johnny Hockey. Amazing talent, was jealous the Flames got him as a draft steal and he was a superstar for them for many years. He was a rival for my Oilers and I’ve seen him feature in many Battles of Alberta. But this obviously goes beyond petty hockey rivalry. A great hockey player and classy dude passed today tragically. I hope nothing but the best for his young family at this time. My most sincere condolences. This f***in sucks to say the least.

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto

I hope it is troll but the account was made tonight

This seems fake af. Why would they meet at the arena….

Hoping this isn’t true. I can’t believe this got out like this if it is. I know if this was my family member I would be appalled. His dads had a medical incident a few years back. Losing a son would be devastating but 2? And it turning into this circus would be unimaginable.

Reactions: Monsieur Miz

Cake Eater

Jan 19, 2022
Since this topic has turned into what is a source or not. An account made tonight is hardly a source. I will admit that it’s troubling a disgraced referee is the only source he seems like the type of human being to want to the one to break this news. Almost every other respected insider has been quiet on this.
Which speaks volumes if none of the respected insiders are denying it. All likely have sources to do so and it’s not like this event happened at 2 AM EDT.

Reactions: Monsieur Miz

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Since this topic has turned into what is a source or not. An account made tonight is hardly a source. I will admit that it’s troubling a disgraced referee is the only source as he seems like the type of human being to want to the one to break this news. Almost every other respected insider has been quiet on this.
Tim Peel broke the Kane signing to Edmonton and others no one is denying this which is worrisome

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Some things I get wanting to be first to break the news (signings, trades, etc.). This type of stuff? Wait until the family is notified instead of having them have to face an avalanche of media ringing their phones off the hook. If real this is terrible on so many fronts.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Twitter or whatever Elon is calling it now is a full on cesspool of garbage misinformation. Especially because the you know what is occurring you know when.

I will wait for any kind of credible source to weigh in here but still, what kind of person makes shit up like that? Are there people that desperate for internet validation? I hope Johnny is OK and I hope that f***ing scumbag drunk driver murderer gets a real ass kicking in prison.

Last edited:

wunderpanda

Apr 9, 2012
the 4 previous threads were deleted withing minutes, this one has been up an hour. mods confirmed the rumor?

Monsieur Miz

Nov 3, 2017
This is your comparison?

It’s times like I realize how irresponsible social media has become and how desperate randoms are for engagements.

I think you make a small amount of money if you're a blue checkmark now. So people are literally encouraged to rage bait.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
There is a leaked group text of a medical examiner sending a notepad with Johnny & Matthew’s name, DOB, etc on it. And people searched the name of the medical examiner and found he is a real medical examiner in the area, and found his Facebook where he is friends with the other names from the group text.

Reactions: WhiskeyYerTheDevils

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
I think you make a small amount of money if you're a blue checkmark now. So people are literally encouraged to rage bait.
It’s funny. The whole concept of verified on twitter was for credibility and now Elon has turned it into an opportunity for any random person to make a living off of saying the most outlandish click bait shit they can think of. He ruined a website that was already on its way down.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
This is your comparison?

It’s times like I realize how irresponsible social media has become and how desperate randoms are for engagements.
If it's true then what do you have to say, you don't seem worried a player might have died you; you're just in here hating on a X referee weird

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
This seems fake af. Why would they meet at the arena….

Hoping this isn’t true. I can’t believe this got out like this if it is. I know if this was my family member I would be appalled. His dads had a medical incident a few years back. Losing a son would be devastating but 2? And it turning into this circus would be unimaginable.
That person is either a piece of shit for "leaking" confirmation or a piece of shit for making an account just to fake it. Either way, I don't think they should be taken seriously.

Matty Sundin

Jul 18, 2006
Twitter or whatever Elon is calling it now is a full on cesspool of garbage misinformation. Especially because the you know what is occurring you know when.

I will wait for any kind of credible source to weigh in here but still, what kind of person makes shit up like that? Are there people that desperate for internet validation? I hope Johnny is OK and I hope that f***ing scumbag drunk driver murderer gets a real ass kicking in prison.
There’s stuff on Reddit I won’t mention and let people go look for themselves but it’s pretty damming, especially the timing. It’s kinda how this rumor gained traction even before the tweets started.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
If it's true then what do you have to say, you don't seem worried a player might have died you; you're just in here hating on a referee weird
I reserve judgement until a credible report comes out, but even if it’s true, Tim running his mouth on social media for clout is irresponsible and not his place. It wouldn’t be the first time he’s tried to do something or say something controversial for attention.

Reactions: thaman8765678

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
There is a leaked group text of a medical examiner sending a notepad with Johnny & Matthew’s name, DOB, etc on it. And people searched the name of the medical examiner and found he is a real medical examiner in the area, and found his Facebook where he is friends with the other names from the group text.
This is either the most ridiculous troll or it’s real. :(

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
Internet nobodies doing morbid investigation is normal internet crap.

But Tim Peel, who whether we like it or not, is associated with the NHL as a former referee, is disgusting for "confirming", whether it's true or not.

There just isn't any reason to do it, other than being an ass.

Reactions: iDangleDangle

Apr 9, 2009
USA
The incident itself (no identities in this link and I’m not saying it is Johnny, just location/time) occurred around 8:30 pm last night. That isn’t late enough for the silence from everyone to be extremely concerning.

Hopefully Johnny is ok, however two folks have died either way. Tragic no matter the outcome here.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Internet nobodies doing morbid investigation is normal internet crap.

But Tim Peel, who whether we like it or not, is associated with the NHL as a former referee, is disgusting for "confirming", whether it's true or not.

There just isn't any reason to do it, other than being an ass.
Real journalism died the moment social media became a thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad