What's going on with Johnny Hockey?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
You really don't get that a disgraced official.. fired.. due to credibility issues, should not be the person to break the death of a hockey player to the world. Never mind the fact he has no decency.. he has no.. wait for it.. CREDIBILITY
What are you even talking about? Nobody *should* be the person to have to break this news. You're acting like it's a competition. You're off the rails here with these arguments. You make it seems like being the first to break the news gives you bragging rights. It's a horrible situation for everyone.

Reactions: PuckMunchkin

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
Tim Peel is either going to be crucified or this is accurate. God damn it please don’t be true.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Terrible if true. Here they wait 24 hours before releasing a victim's name so that the family can be notified properly.
In most cases, the police go to notify someone who has been a victim of a crime or accident next of kin. The issue here is social media got a hold of this story before traditional press, so the same level of respect is not given.

For example, in Canada it's illegal to release the names of a youth offender due to laws. But, names have often been leaked to Reddit or Twitter, but no respectable news outlet would break the publication ban.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

TheCableGuy1

Aug 19, 2024
IMG_7013.jpeg

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018

Shocker

Dec 20, 2019
His life isn't worth any more than any other, the difference is that he is far more well know than Joe Blow from Idaho. Either would be sad, but in this case people know of him and it hits harder than someone that people don't have a clue who they are.
Yeah, rather weird post from that guy, it's pretty simple that people would be more interested in a public figure than a normal, regular person.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
While I am appalled that it's Tim Peel -it is even more staggering to me that they "were killed by a drunk driver". You would have to have the breathalyzer readings and an accident reconstruction. It is irresponsible beyond belief.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
While I am appalled that it's Tim Peel -it is even more staggering to me that they "were killed by a drunk driver". You would have to have the breathalyzer readings and an accident reconstruction. It is irresponsible beyond belief.
Yeah, all we have so far is that the driver did not leave the scene and spoke to police from the original story for local news about 2 unnamed cyclists dying in a car accident. If it's a drunk driver, I hope he serves significant time, if not, I hope his name is protected from the public.

Reactions: PanniniClaus

Cake Eater

Jan 19, 2022
What? The original report was from a local police officer’s brother, the brother would have the BAC results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad