Transfer: 2024 Summer Transfer Window - Closed Window Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
You don't know how INEOS operates.

So based on what do you think they'll pay 100 million for anyone? It's not like they've done it with Nice. Or the people running the show, Berrada and Ashworth (eventually).
I mean I feel like the reason they weren’t spending 100mil with Nice is pretty obvious no?

• Haha
Reactions: Gecklund and Evilo

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Disappointed in the Sesko news, but understandable considering his age (a bit surprised he didn't want to join our youth movement though). I guess Arsenal is going to spend 130 million for Osimhen, whatever it is for Zirkzee, or go in for Victor G.

I get that Aston Villa needs to sell some players due to FFP, but they just made the CL and are getting absolutely hammered in that deal. Damn...
He can smoke as much hookah as he wants now lol.

Reactions: JPBolts

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis

Really like this as both a USMNT fan and a STL CITY fan. I think Morris has decent potential and I think this will be a good step for him.

I want you lot to get Gallagher, but how are going to get him after needing to sell Luiz due to FFP? Would this deal be part of a new three years window?
If they sign Gallagher after July 1, it would be a different window, and a window where they actually have UCL money in their coffers. Not to mention the whole amortization thing.

Reactions: JPBolts

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
I guess Arsenal is going to spend 130 million for Osimhen, whatever it is for Zirkzee, or go in for Victor G.
Supposedly Arsenal isn't really chasing a 9, which I think is the right move anyway. They're more looking for a wide forward. The names I've seen are Nico Williams, Pedro Neto, and Desiree Doue.

JPBolts

Jun 21, 2019
Really like this as both a USMNT fan and a STL CITY fan. I think Morris has decent potential and I think this will be a good step for him.
yep, I'm excited to see him take the jump across the pond. I like his potential and learning under Carrick.
I want you lot to get Gallagher, but how are going to get him after needing to sell Luiz due to FFP? Would this deal be part of a new three years window?
If they sign Gallagher after July 1, it would be a different window, and a window where they actually have UCL money in their coffers. Not to mention the whole amortization thing.
the Luiz deal (as I understand it now) is that Juventus is going to sign him for 60m. That goes directly towards our profit/loss number for this year as his amortization is close to zero.
We then buy Illing-Jr & McKennie each at 20m a piece, which goes way down because of amortization (and the length of each contract).

So, we have a profit of 60m which directly will go on the 23-24 accounts (subtracted the minuscule amount of amortization for Illing-Jr & McKennie). This will give us the headspace for all the signings we want to make this summer, (e.g. Gallagher) as the 24-25 season finances will include Champions League revenue.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Jackson injured in the Senegal duty, and looks likely to miss whole preseason and start of the season. If Broja is sold, then Chelsea's striker search probably got much more urgent. Duran it is?

• Wow
Reactions: Blender

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Jackson injured in the Senegal duty, and looks likely to miss whole preseason and start of the season. If Broja is sold, then Chelsea's striker search probably got much more urgent. Duran it is?

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Thanks!
Supposedly Arsenal isn't really chasing a 9, which I think is the right move anyway. They're more looking for a wide forward. The names I've seen are Nico Williams, Pedro Neto, and Desiree Doue.
I get we need a backup for Saka and I get that we score goals from everywhere, but we had an amazing season with some of the best defensive stats over The Invicinbles with almost zero injuries to the star players yet we still didn't win the title and you gotta look why.

I see our main #9 being constantly injured and being a below-average finisher. Jesus is a great player, but his scoring issues go back to his prime Man City days. I then see our false #9 having a bloody good second half of the season, but that doesn't excuse him from a really poor first half (some of that was out of his control due to being put everywhere to find him a spot). If you don't think we need a #9, what areas could Arsenal have done better to win last year and how do we fix those issues? Replace Martinelli with Foden? I see Man City having the ability to score from everywhere on top of having Haaland and Arsenal currently does not have that ability.

Reactions: maclean

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Thanks!

I get we need a backup for Saka and I get that we score goals from everywhere, but we had an amazing season with some of the best defensive stats over The Invicinbles with almost zero injuries to the star players yet we still didn't win the title and you gotta look why.

I see our main #9 being constantly injured and being a below-average finisher. Jesus is a great player, but his scoring issues go back to his prime Man City days. I then see our false #9 having a bloody good second half of the season, but that doesn't excuse him from a really poor first half (some of that was out of his control due to being put everywhere to find him a spot). If you don't think we need a #9, what areas could Arsenal have done better to win last year and how do we fix those issues? Replace Martinelli with Foden? I see Man City having the ability to score from everywhere on top of having Haaland and Arsenal currently does not have that ability.
One of the reasons LFC could never get a good backup for Salah was because, everyone knew that there wasn’t going to be many minutes. Wondering if Arsenal start to run into that problem when looking for Saka backup

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
One of the reasons LFC could never get a good backup for Salah was because, everyone knew that there wasn’t going to be many minutes. Wondering if Arsenal start to run into that problem when looking for Saka backup
We were close to signing Kudus, but had to back away due to FFP concerns. Now the question is if we were in the frontrunner seat after Chelsea and WHU wanted him and before Arsenal knew they could not break FFP compliance.

If none of the forms changed throughout the season and Arsenal had Kudus, he would have absolutely surpassed Martinelli who finished pretty damn awful. Not the same position, yes, but that's why you buy a winger who can play both sides IMHO.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
We were close to signing Kudus, but had to back away due to FFP concerns. Now the question is if we were in the frontrunner seat after Chelsea and WHU wanted him and before Arsenal knew they could not break FFP compliance.

If none of the forms changed throughout the season and Arsenal had Kudus, he would have absolutely surpassed Martinelli who finished pretty damn awful.
Kudus isn’t going to leave to be backup, and I doubt West Ham are under a lot of pressure to sell. If Kudus goes it will be to start. His stock is way up since last summer

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Kudus isn’t going to leave to be backup, and I doubt West Ham are under a lot of pressure to sell. If Kudus goes it will be to start. His stock is way up since last summer
I was talking last year when he was with Ajax before he joined an EPL team. Is that what you're referring to because I am confused by your post, there is no way Arsenal try to buy and get him now?.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
With multiple offers from multiple leagues, Georges Mikautadze has chosen Monaco.
I still laugh at Ajax's dumbness.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I was talking last year when he was with Ajax before he joined an EPL team. Is that what you're referring to because I am confused by your post, there is no way Arsenal try to buy and get him now?.
Oh no I thought I was talking about Arsenal having tough time finding a Saka backup because Saka gets so much burn

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis

I think the hope is that Jesus, with the summer off, will actually have time to get fully healthy. He hasn't had that chance.

I disagree with the notion that Havertz had a really poor first half. Sure, his scoring stats weren't like they were in the second half, but he was being played as an 8 and had really strong defensive stats and was a little snakebitten. Given the strikers available this summer - which is really Osimhen for a shitload of money, Gyokeres for a shitload of money, and Zirkzee, I understand not pulling trigger on a striker. None of those names move the needle for me at their price points. I think Jesus/Havertz/Trossard is enough cover for the #9 and I would prefer a winger that can provide cover across the positions. I think it's a bit misleading to think we need to score more than 91 goals - it's the 8th most in the last decade and second most of any non-City team, including more than Liverpool scored when they won the league. However, I do think Martinelli will be somewhat better in front of goal - maybe not 22/23 good, but better - and I think we score more goals from having a Saka who doesn't play all the time.

They probably do, which is why I think they look for a winger that can play other positions, whether that's 9 or LW or 10.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
They probably do, which is why I think they look for a winger that can play other positions, whether that's 9 or LW or 10.
Or for sure. That was a big challenge for LFC though. Curious if Arsenal will have an easier time or not. Easier said than done. Cycled through like Minamino and Shaqiri. One of the reasons Origi stayed so long too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad