Transfer: 2024 Summer Transfer Window - Closed Window Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I'd be ok with Hermoso off the bench, especially if Christensen is now a full time DM, but taking into account he couldn't make a deal with Atletico where he was a starter he wasn't going to come here to be a sub.

Well part of the consideration should be financial, like his wages. Martinez came on a free and is on a big wage as a result. Rather we give Faye a chance than take a Hermoso for free.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Not disagreeing with that, but aren’t Arsenal obligated to spend 27m on Raya this summer?
I think we have an option to buy, not an obligation. But it's been reported that's been finalized for a while and just a matter of the window opening for the announcement.

Reactions: JPBolts

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Newcastle made a lowball bid for Ferran Torres. While I can understand us selling him at a loss and personally would offload him to make room for Nico Williams whilst dumping his wages, at 15+5 I’d tell Newcastle to come back when they get serious. With that sort of bid I’d rather see what Flick can get out of him.

Reactions: Vasilevskiy

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Newcastle made a lowball bid for Ferran Torres. While I can understand us selling him at a loss and personally would offload him to make room for Nico Williams whilst dumping his wages, at 15+5 I’d tell Newcastle to come back when they get serious. With that sort of bid I’d rather see what Flick can get out of him.
They can kick rocks for that price. Torres can be a fine sub, keep him if thats the fee. Next year you can have Nico, Lewa, Roque,Yamal, Raphina and him. Let Felix the fraud go and Fati the broken. Torres and Raphina don't make a stink about playing time and can play well in short spurts.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Soft rumours that Gabriel Magalhaes might want to leave for Corinthians for around 60 to 70 million. Does a Brasil Serie A have that type of money?

Is he being targeted as a back-up? Otherwise that doesn’t make too much sense.
I would expect him to become the backup, but I am not sure why he would want to go from a backup spot in Madrid to a backup spot in London?! If this deal happens, Ramsdale is as good as gone.
I'd take him over Raya and I'd start Raya for the Spanish National team. Lunin is really good.
I still consider Raya a 60+ million Euro goalkeeper, but you wouldn't have Unai as the starter?

Reactions: JPBolts

JPBolts

Jun 21, 2019

interesting. not sure that a top side would want him as with his recent injury but could be worth a punt for someone.
Raya bout to get Raya'd
that would be hilarious, the PL Golden Glove winner getting replaced as well as the same situation that he was bought into.

I would expect him to become the backup, but I am not sure why he would want to go from a backup spot in Madrid to a backup spot in London?! If this deal happens, Ramsdale is as good as gone.
yeah, that part I don't understand (if he were to come in as a backup, per say). Especially for the amount he would cost.
I'd take him over Raya and I'd start Raya for the Spanish National team. Lunin is really good.
Yeah, I do rate him as well. But would Arteta? (who knows about that)
I think we have an option to buy, not an obligation. But it's been reported that's been finalized for a while and just a matter of the window opening for the announcement.
From what I remembered, I thought it was an option that would turn into an obligation to purchase -- but I just re-read the athletic article and it said option to buy.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Soft rumours that Gabriel Magalhaes might want to leave for Corinthians for around 60 to 70 million. Does a Brasil Serie A have that type of money?

I still consider Raya a 60+ million Euro goalkeeper, but you wouldn't have Unai as the starter?
The “rumors” with Gabriel are based on him saying his dream club to play for is Corinthians and he’d go there tomorrow if he could. Pretty clearly one of those things you say but the if he could part is pretty telling that he’s aware that’s a retirement move

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Udinese buy huge striker Lorenzo Lucca from Pisa for 8 mil. He's average right now, but they're buying him for his potential I guess (sort of like Ajax tried a couple years back)

And speaking of potential, Lloyd Kelly to Newcastle on a free.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Udinese buy huge striker Lorenzo Lucca from Pisa for 8 mil. He's average right now, but they're buying him for his potential I guess (sort of like Ajax tried a couple years back)

And speaking of potential, Lloyd Kelly to Newcastle on a free.

Haha, I picked up Lucca in our keeper league for my U21 team in my first season two years ago. Flipped him the following season. With his profile and cheap price I can see why a team would take a punt on him, especially Udinese.

Pretty crazy they didn’t even give him half a chance.

If half a chance. Doesn’t look good for him, but he’s still really young. Hopefully he goes where he’ll get minutes.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad