2022/23 Roster Thread XVI: Suite 16, Room for Improvement

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
What's the alternative at center?

Laughton, looks worse at center than Cates, has only played well in the 4C role where he can focus on the forecheck.
Hayes, can't skate well enough in this scheme to play center
Complete nonsense from a shameless liar.

You spent 3 years touting Hayes as a proper 2C and now you’re pretending he can’t be a C at all simply because you have no actual thoughts of your own, and only exist to invent rationales for whatever Flyers management does, even if those arguments are the exact opposite of arguments you made previously.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
That's not even a maybe. It's a certainty. Voracek at the time had been nearly the best RW of the decade.

Fletcher has the ingenuity of a salted slug.
Then why were teams not interested in him over the years? Never not 1 rumor in any capacity that I can recall. He produced yet teams stayed away.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Complete nonsense from a shameless liar.

You spent 3 years touting Hayes as a proper 2C and now you’re pretending he can’t be a C at all simply because you have no actual thoughts of your own, and only exist to invent rationales for whatever Flyers management does, even if those arguments are the exact opposite of arguments you made previously.

Sounds like a bad person to me.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
Because he was nearly the best at his position and wasn't available. Same reason there was never rumors about Giroux.
To borrow one of your phrases, any proof he wasn't available? He was last summer and all they could get was Cam. Not a player who was ever in demand. Very odd.

Almost anyone is always available. As Ted Dibiase said, we all have a price. So that seems like not a valid reason. Even players who aren't "available" you hear about teams inquiring do you not?

Giroux having NTC is a possibility why he was never made available no?

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
My all hopium team still probably doesn't make the playoffs. The difference between getting back coots or having to keep Hayes could be a top five vs top ten pick

Farabee frost tk
Laughton Gautier brink
Cates veteran c tippet
Wisdom job Foerster
Macewen

Sanheim tda
Provy zamula
York andrae
Attard

Hart
Ersson

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
To borrow one of your phrases, any proof he wasn't available? He was last summer and all they could get was Cam. Not a player who was ever in demand. Very odd.

Almost anyone is always available. As Ted Dibiase said, we all have a price. So that seems like not a valid reason. Even players who aren't "available" you hear about teams inquiring do you not?

Giroux having NTC is a possibility why he was never made available no?

This is kind of a ridiculous conversation. You are as aware as I am that the team was trying to be competitive. Hence why there are no rumors around Couturier, either.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
ASF: There are people in the organization, that want to see other people currently in the organization fail.

rBUPNL9.png

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
This is kind of a ridiculous conversation. You are as aware as I am that the team was trying to be competitive. Hence why there are no rumors around Couturier, either.
No proof. Understood.

Then why such low return when he was traded? Talented player. Not one you win with, something teams recognize.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Whatever Fletcher gets in return for players is their true value. He doesn't make mistakes, which is why he's a flawless evaluator and negotiator.

Obviously he couldn't have done any better because it was Voracek's value that was the problem, not the guy making the trade. Atkinson was the only/best possible return. No other/better options existed.

Same as Ghost must be a negative value player, since that's the trade Fletcher made.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
You never hear trade rumors about McDavid…

Teams must not want him.
Great example. Were you a Bobby Abreau fan as well?

My all hopium team still probably doesn't make the playoffs. The difference between getting back coots or having to keep Hayes could be a top five vs top ten pick

Farabee frost tk
Laughton Gautier brink
Cates veteran c tippet
Wisdom job Foerster
Macewen

Sanheim tda
Provy zamula
York andrae
Attard

Hart
Ersson
What year do you want this line to take shape? Doesn't look to impressive at all

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
Whatever Fletcher gets in return for players is their true value. He doesn't make mistakes, which is why he's a flawless evaluator and negotiator.

Obviously he couldn't have done any better because it was Voracek's value that was the problem, not the guy making the trade. Atkinson was the only/best possible return. No other/better options existed.

Same as Ghost must be a negative value player, since that's the trade Fletcher made.
Ghost had negative value. That is a fact. What he has done since the trade doesn't change that.

Do you now of any other possible options? If so please share.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
Maybe the all hopium team should be it's own thread but I was trying to do next year's ideal roster most of which we could see the end of this season.
That roster will def be a bottom of the league imo. Many of these players have no shot to be on the opening night roster next season to me.

Couturier should be back, no pun intended. To what level we shall see. He will need at least a year to get back to somewhat normal IMO after missing 1.5 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad