2022/23 Roster Thread XVI: Suite 16, Room for Improvement

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
This is why y'all misunderstand Torts. Think how he's dealt with TK, a player designed to drive a dino into extinction. But TK works hard, plays hard, and makes things happen, so Torts makes funny faces and gives him plenty of ice time.

“The thing about TK — he screws up a lot,” Tortorella said in classic Tortorella fashion. “But it doesn’t bother him. He just goes out and takes his next shift. And that’s a huge attribute for a player.”

“I just think he’s got the proper mindset, that he’s not afraid to make a mistake,” Tortorella continued. “Like he makes a goofy play at the end of the power play, slapping the puck back to the blue line. We’re up by a goal — they’re gonna go for a shorty. And he one-touches a puck and it blows up on him. It’s almost a clearing pass. It’s the last thing we want done there. But I have to admit: he’s not afraid to do that stuff. And I think that’s the proper mindset.”

I think you misunderstood TK, and did so deliberately in your quest to defend Hakstol.

You're also the one who has been wrong about Tortorella pretty constantly. And you do know he has benched TK, right? Words are nice, actions are louder.

Reactions: Hollywood Cannon

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
I think you misunderstood TK, and did so deliberately in your quest to defend Hakstol.

You're also the one who has been wrong about Tortorella pretty constantly. And you do know he has benched TK, right? Words are nice, actions are louder.
The Hakstol era here is indefensible. Part of it was his fault; some of it Hextall’s. When you bring in a guy like Hakstol the indictment of being Joe College is going to be out there. Doing what he did and was successful at ND wasn’t going to necessarily work with the pros and with a roster that he couldn’t hand puck through recruiting. The guy was doomed from the start. And then also so was Hextall who put him such a weak position.

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad