2022/23 Roster Thread XVI: Suite 16, Room for Improvement

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
By his 1.99 ESP/60

Cates is at 1.24, and Laughton is at 1.23

Oh the phantom stat that pretty much do not count at the end of the day. Do you think they use that stat when negotiating a new contract? Curious on your take.

Well if 19 points in 38 games is 2nd line center production who am I to argue. Shit move Hayes back to center and #1 center problem solved.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
last 29 games (Cates wasn't even playing center to start the season), ES scoring:

TK 3.36 [elite]
JVR 3.22 (raise that trade value!)
Hayes 2.46
Tippett 2.23
Farabee 2.17
Frost 2.04
Laughton 1.55
Cates 1.51
Sedlak 1.32 [note how Deslauriers and MacEwen fell apart when Sedlak was replaced by Brown]
Laczynski 1.02
Allison 0.92
MacEwen 0.90
Brown 0.61
Deslauriers 0.44

York 1.78
TDA 1.33
Sanheim 1.24
Provorov 0.86
Seeler 0.84
Risto 0.13
Braun 0.00

• Haha
Reactions: Cody Webster

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Yes, Sedlak leaving is why Deslauriers and MacEwen “fell apart” and it’s not they’re just shitty hockey players.

Nice cherry picked sample size too.
Nothing "cherry picked.' As I've pointed out, there's a clear inflection point after 10 games, when the team adjusted to Torts' schemes.

• Haha
Reactions: Cody Webster

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
Yet peeps complaining about his point totals.

He is a top 6 center on this team by default at the current time. Just like cates is at the moment.
He had 4 assists in the previous 2 games . Go take a look at those F%#ing goals . He was out on the ice and touched the puck and got an assist cause of it and that's it or just dumped the puck in from the blue line and it found a hole . His 4 goals this year are an open net , a tap in to a wide open net a deflection on the pp and the dump in from the blue line the other night . Thats despite playing 1st line pp , top pk , overtime and the #1 line with TK and Farabee most of the time . Sitting here just looking at points etc without watching the F$%ing game is typical on here . Or just looking at the game analytics afterwards and think it the tells you the whole story .

Instead of sitting here preaching crap , actually watch the game and what goes on , it "might" help .

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
That’s the very definition of cherry picking.

You believe those first ten games shouldn’t count in order to make a point.
Yes, it's actual SOP in statistics to adjust when the underlying model shifts over time.

In this case, if you want to judge player performance, you want to pick a period of "stability" where the players have adjusted to the new schemes and are on the same page. It's obvious from both the eyeballs (as was noted at the time by everyone here, including you) that the team was struggling those first ten games, with lines in flux and players out of position.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
He had 4 assists in the previous 2 games . Go take a look at those F%#ing goals . He was out on the ice and touched the puck and got an assist cause of it and that's it or just dumped the puck in from the blue line and it found a hole . His 4 goals this year are an open net , a tap in to a wide open net a deflection on the pp and the dump in from the blue line the other night . Thats despite playing 1st line pp , top pk , overtime and the #1 line with TK and Farabee most of the time . Sitting here just looking at points etc without watching the F$%ing game is typical on here . Or just looking at the game analytics afterwards and think it the tells you the whole story .

Instead of sitting here preaching crap , actually watch the game and what goes on , it "might" help .
who is preaching? you clearly have me confused with others. What channels are the game usually on?

So is it safe to say you have higher expectations for Frost when compared to Cates?

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Yes, it's actual SOP in statistics to adjust when the underlying model shifts over time.

In this case, if you want to judge player performance, you want to pick a period of "stability" where the players have adjusted to the new schemes and are on the same page. It's obvious from both the eyeballs (as was noted at the time by everyone here, including you) that the team was struggling those first ten games, with lines in flux and players out of position.
cher·ry-pick
/ˈCHerēˌpik/

verb

1. choose and take only (the most beneficial or profitable items, opportunities, etc.) from what is available.
I'll take my second gold star now, please.

04hockey

Sep 28, 2017
should have put this here, my mistake

321796297_722639199290327_6450999960571789437_n.jpg

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Oh the phantom stat that pretty much do not count at the end of the day. Do you think they use that stat when negotiating a new contract? Curious on your take.
Yes, points scored, games played and time on ice are brought up during contract negotiations.

If Frost keeps producing at the same rate for the rest of the season he'll get to 40 points and Fletcher will wish he had given him the same deal he gave Tippett.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Nothing "cherry picked.' As I've pointed out, there's a clear inflection point after 10 games, when the team adjusted to Torts' schemes.
So after game 10 when the Flyers were 5-3-2 with 26 GF and 27 GA, the Flyers "adjusted to Torts' schemes" by going 3-9-3 in their next 15 games with 33 GF and 54 GA. :laugh:

What a great adjustment!

Last edited:

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
Yes, points scored, games played and time on ice are brought up during contract negotiations.

If Frost keeps producing at the same rate
for the rest of the season he'll get to 40 points and Fletcher will wish he had given him the same deal he gave Tippett.
So just so I am on the same page here, you think ESP/60 is brought up in contract talks?

Less Arizona that rate is not at 40 points.

lets see if his production matches that of a top 6center at the end of the year.

Frosts scoring is more impressive when you remember he was getting buried on the 4th line with AHLers for almost half the year.
Only think impressive about Frost is his 2 - 4 point games.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
Yes, dumbf***, points are brought up in combination with playing time in contract negotiations.

Less all the games they lost, the Flyers are undefeated this season. But that's not how this works. Every game played and point scored counts.
can you show me where pp/60 is an official stat? I cant seem to find it anywhere.

Frost agent gonna roll all over Chuck when he talks about pp/60. What a great power point presentation that will be. My client only had 35 totals points but his pp/60 is off the charts. Pay me.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
can you show me where pp/60 is an official stat? I cant seem to find it anywhere.

Frost agent gonna roll all over Chuck when he talks about pp/60. What a great power point presentation that will be. My client only had 35 totals points but his pp/60 is off the charts. Pay me.

Have you tried NHL.com?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad