2022/23 Roster Thread XV: Where Optional Skates are Mandatory

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chicken N Raffls

Here for the chaos and lolz
Nov 7, 2022
Douglassville
Never been more sure of anything than this dude being @rinaldo . :laugh:

Holy snap :laugh:

76a46102-c9c8-46f5-901e-5da6215d9aa2_text.gif

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
With the contracts of TK and Ivan up after the 2025 season what direction would you go with these 2? Do you look to trade them or look to re-sign to long term high money deal when the time comes.

This team will not be a contender within those 3 years I think most will agree. I also try to move out Laughton while he is healthy and playing well.

Those are the 3 who should absolutely be on the block IMO. Would move them sooner rather than later. Need to put themselves in the best position possible to get a high pick. Though do not think they have any interest in moving any of the 3.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I think Provorov is a goner, with Sanheim locked up, York destined for a top 4 spot and Andrae showing well, LHD is pretty set for a few years. Zamula and maybe Ginning could fill in as needed.

Laughton will be 29 with 3 years left, he'll have real value for a playoff contender, kind of role player teams like that want to fill out their roster. They'll listen to offers.

I think TK is a foundation piece, both his skill and his 'tude, they'll extend him early and hope for a "hometown discount."

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I think Provorov is a goner, with Sanheim locked up, York destined for a top 4 spot and Andrae showing well, LHD is pretty set for a few years. Zamula and maybe Ginning could fill in as needed.

Laughton will be 29 with 3 years left, he'll have real value for a playoff contender, kind of role player teams like that want to fill out their roster. They'll listen to offers.

I think TK is a foundation piece, both his skill and his 'tude, they'll extend him early and hope for a "hometown discount."

You can write off all of Andrea, Zamula, and Ginning. You think youth should/will play. You think that's good. The team disagrees with you as much as possible. Your assumption the team thinks like you had always been wrong.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022

Stop with the hometown discount. Especially with this team. Why on earth would TK want to give a discount? Not like they are winning team and n the cusp for the next decade. Agree with Laughton. Disagree that they wll listen. These are the type tis franchise has a boner for.

So what do you want to pay a 28 year old TK on an 8 year deal?

Also keep in mind the Flyers seem to have little interest in moving these players. Which is foolish.

You can write off all of Andrea, Zamula, and Ginning. You think youth should/will play. You think that's good. The team disagrees with you as much as possible. Your assumption the team thinks like you had always been wrong.
If chuck is around Andrea will likely get treated a little diff as he was drafted by Chuck. Either way he is still 2/3 years away. Maybe he fills a role in 2024/25 season.

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
With the contracts of TK and Ivan up after the 2025 season what direction would you go with these 2? Do you look to trade them or look to re-sign to long term high money deal when the time comes.

This team will not be a contender within those 3 years I think most will agree. I also try to move out Laughton while he is healthy and playing well.

Those are the 3 who should absolutely be on the block IMO. Would move them sooner rather than later. Need to put themselves in the best position possible to get a high pick. Though do not think they have any interest in moving any of the 3.
Provorov should be traded by the deadline for many reasons:
1. He has value and will provide them with a return of multiple assets needed for a rebuild.
2. Clears cap space
3. Opens up a spot for York and other young LD in the org to get meaningful playimg time.
4. Short term makes the team worse which helps draft position.
5. With his contract expiring after 25...it means for him to be apart of the nexg good team hed need a very expensive extension.

TK on the other hand is really proving to be a key part of this team moving forward. Hed be a great RW for the young centers coming into the team and his eventual extensiom wont be as much as provy.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
Provorov should be traded by the deadline for many reasons:
1. He has value and will provide them with a return of multiple assets needed for a rebuild.
2. Clears cap space
3. Opens up a spot for York and other young LD in the org to get meaningful playimg time.
4. Short term makes the team worse which helps draft position.
5. With his contract expiring after 25...it means for him to be apart of the nexg good team hed need a very expensive extension.

TK on the other hand is really proving to be a key part of this team moving forward. Hed be a great RW for the young centers coming into the team and his eventual extensiom wont be as much as provy.
What do you see TK getting to re-sign in term and money?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad