2022/23 Roster Thread XV: Where Optional Skates are Mandatory

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Larry44

#FlyersPerpetualMediocrity
Mar 1, 2002
I am in exactly the same boat. The thing is, I don't know that it's the right thing to have in mind when deciding who to keep. As a fan, I'm all in favor of clearing out basically everyone, because they are tainted. I've been trying to wrap my head around who I would keep, but I can never come to a decision. I do know that I would keep Binksy and probably Qatar. I would definitely keep Risto for at least two more seasons, because he isn't doing anything but helping the tank, and if we can manage to offload f***ing Hayes and some other losers, we'll have plenty of cap space to carry him.

One thing I am convinced of is that Provy is a must-deal. Probably get the most for him in the summer, but not sure. I think all of the shit that we shouldn't want, like Laughts, have the best value at the trade deadline when GMs have all the sense of concussed moose in panic mode. What I'd really like is if we were an expansion franchise.
Deciding who to keep is a problem. Realistically, this team is 7-8 years from being remotely Cup-competitive, which means NONE of current group will be with the eventual contender, even the guys I like like Hart, TK and Sanheim. They would be better off to trade frickin' everyone they can for as many 1st and 2nd round picks they can get this year and next year. They don't need to buy out pieces of human feces like Hayes, Risto and Deslauriers. Giving them prime roles will be a key to the ongoing tank project.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
One year of Muzzin isn't a problem. This team is going nowhere for a decade. Fletcher losing the trade will be the problem.
What I wonder is if anyone from the NHL ever gets in Scots ear to say look man your franchise is sinking or anything to that effect.

Scott is the main reason this team is where it is at.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
I wanted to avoid posting on the main boards as it is typically littered with lunatics.

What would Flyers fans be looking for in return for JVR at 50% retained? Not neccesarily from the Leafs but maybe in terms of the type of return (i.e. 2nd + B prospect or whatever it may be). Would there be anything from the Leafs that they Flyers would be interested in for a deal involving JVR?

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
TK (25), Farabee (22), Frost (23), Cates (23), Tippett (23), Sanheim (26), York (22) on the current team.
Hart (24), Ersson (23)
We'll see which LHV players, as well as Andrae and Gauthier, pan out.
Good to see all the young players Fletch added to the core.
Boldy ERRR Caufield ERRR York
and a trade from your best player post LIndros

WELL DONE!

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
I wanted to avoid posting on the main boards as it is typically littered with lunatics.

What would Flyers fans be looking for in return for JVR at 50% retained? Not neccesarily from the Leafs but maybe in terms of the type of return (i.e. 2nd + B prospect or whatever it may be). Would there be anything from the Leafs that they Flyers would be interested in for a deal involving JVR?
Could we interest you in a large, right handed Dman?

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019

2 and a b prospect would cause a celebration on here.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022

If they get a 3rd rd pick that would be a solid return. Do not see a 2nd unless it is in a future draft.

Reactions: LeafChief

Kelmitchell2

Aug 30, 2020
To move Provorov to Toronto, we'd probably have to take Muzzin back (one more year at $5.625M to clear room for next season for Toronto. They not only have to clear cap room this season, but also next season to fit Provorov in.

That's why trading multi-year contracts is more complicated to pull off at the TDL, teams don't want to trade current assets that can help them win now, but also don't want to go into the summer over the cap, even if they can clear room this year with LTIR and salary retained.
I'll be honest with you, he may he a good fit for Toronto, but they don't have any prospects that interest me if I'm being honest, and same with the kings, none of their prospects really interest me outside of one player who hasn't taken off like everyone thought he would, however I do think he's good but most people think he's untouchable in a trade, any chance a team like Dallas may be interested? They have some prospects I like

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Who would that be?

Oh wow. I assumed the cost would be more, especially with 50 % retention. Isn't JVR having a good year (when he has been healthy).
JVR was lousy in 21-22 outside of last 10-15 games of the year when season was long over.
He has 13 pts in 15 games and 4 were against Arizona in one game.
When streaky good he can absolutely carry a team for 2 weeks. When streaky bad you are asking should he be scratched.
He is a defensive liability. So I don't think you can play JVR with Tavaras if the goal of Tavaras is to shut down the the other teams top scoring line. Of course Tavaras can cover up a lot of JVR deficiencies but does Toronto needs more players who can score with D liabilities? I wouldn't want to play play JVR against TBL's or FLA's top line come playoff time. So leafs would be playing JVR 3rd line and pp1? Is Leafs issues really pp1? Especially when Reilly gets healthy? Leafs a weird fit for me to be honest.
Winger rentals never get over compensated for. Rental defensemen you see the dumb Ben Chiarot type trades. Not wingers.
So 2 and b prospect? Done deal. Guessing offers more like a 3 and 6 type.

Last edited:

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
JVR could garner a 1st if he keeps playing well, it's one thing to try and move all $7M in September, it's quite another to move a rental at $0.88M for 20 games and the playoffs.

Look at rentals and their cost in previous season.
JVR isn't bad defensively, he's just an offense first player who's adequate.
But since when was Tavares a shut down center? In another universe?

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
If Cuck trades JVR, the return will be shit. Cuck’s trades always bring back shit.
1672268082269.gif

CerpinTaxt

Apr 1, 2009
KY

Not calling you out leafchief, but does anyone remember the trade proposal from a leafs fan that involved Jeff Carter and Garret Klotz (bad/good) prospect? That one was fun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad