2022/23 Roster Thread XV: Where Optional Skates are Mandatory

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I’d rather see Attard or Z up here improving their game than watching Risto drifting around the ice causing calamities. Aside from getting beat so that opponents can score, Risto has learned how to check opponents into the back of Hart’s head.

I want Risto playing #1 minutes until our draft slot is finalized.

Larry44

#FlyersPerpetualMediocrity
Mar 1, 2002
Deady you’re trying to defend Risto’s play by putting out a low bar for him. Better isn’t necessarily good.
I get it that he needs to learn a different type of game to play in order to be effective in the NHL. I’d just rather that he did that somewhere else; perhaps LHV than doing it here. His mistakes are more damaging here. Right now a kid with potential deserves his spot more than he does.
How could anyone defend LimpRisto? Worst D in the league.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
The D sucked last year and you have 5 of the 6 still in the lineup on a consistent basis. Comical.

To give Risto the term and money he got is a disgrace. There is not one team who would have matched that deal. At worst you let him test free agency then decide if you want to match any deal he may have been offered.

Before he played 1 game on his new deal that contract was immovable.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Ghost is better offensively on a worse offensive team? While being far better defensively?

He talks about the randomness of points, and yet blurts out zero context raw xGF, an on-ice stat, as perfectly illuminative?

urmhcpy10erubhylef2j.gif

Ghost ranks 22/143 defensemen (>400 minutes) in 5v5 Rel xGF/60. Ristolainen ranks 115/143. Ghost is 29/143 in 5v5 p/60. Ristolainen is 142/143 (Justin Braun saving the day!). Of course we watch the games too, and we have more available tracking data. The chasm between these two offensively is as large as the difference between your opinions on key lime pie and pumpkin pie. What are we even doing?

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
He talks about the randomness of points, and yet blurts out zero context raw xGF, an on-ice stat, as perfectly illuminative?

urmhcpy10erubhylef2j.gif

Ghost ranks 22/143 defensemen (>400 minutes) in 5v5 Rel xGF/60. Ristolainen ranks 115/143. Ghost is 29/143 in 5v5 p/60. Ristolainen is 142/143 (Justin Braun saving the day!). Of course we watch the games too, and we have more available tracking data. The chasm between these two offensively is as large as the difference between your opinions on key lime pie and pumpkin pie. What are we even doing?
Defensemen are not pies.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

urmhcpy10erubhylef2j.gif

Not just all that; a stat where Ghost is better. What are we doing here?

Are we drinking? I'm cool with drinking. I just had a shot of fireball. Things can be set in motion.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
I don’t mean that particular post, I just mean you in general.

You asked a question that a flyers fan would know the answer too.
So we are now on the same page. It was a question. Glad we cleared that up.

I see many many Flyers fans on these boards ask questions they surely know the answer to. So are they not Flyers "fans"?

Shrike

Dec 5, 2019
None of this matters as long as Chuck Fletcher is still here destroying the Flyers.

When Lord, when is Chuck going to get fired.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad