2021 Roster Thread XIX - Who's In Net

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
What was confusing to you about my post?

People want moves, but they don’t want to trade any significant names (unless it’s Provorov or Hayes, apparently).

The only name player people seem willing to trade anything for is Eichel, & the Flyers almost certainly aren’t going to be a fit for Buffalo.

And the only UFA people want is Hamilton, who almost certainly has other teams at the top of his list, & who has questions about fit for the Flyers.

So the majority here are supporting inaction. They don’t even want to trade JVR to clear space for free agents.

Man, at some point you’ve got to take a little risk. Posters’ perceptions of players like TK, Sanheim, Myers, Frost, Patrick are based on personal attachments & hope, not reality. You’d think last season would have shown that none are essential players.

lol no, people just don't want bad moves. You're strawmanning. Fabricating a position that doesn't exist and trying to ascribe it to basically everyone here who isn't you because you seemingly believe they're a monolithic block when they're not.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
2 different situations.
The Braun deal still wasn’t very good
Different but not as different as we are making it out.

Nash if they go 4x4 had to trade Arvidsson.
SJ had major cap issues and had to trade Braun and everyone in league knew it. They had to get 3.8m off the books. And not only did Flyers not take advantage of Sharks situation. THEY OVERPAID AND HELPED OUT THE SHARKS INSTEAD!!!

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Different but not as different as we are making it out.

Nash if they go 4x4 had to trade Arvidsson.
SJ had major cap issues and had to trade Braun and everyone in league knew it. They had to get 3.8m off the books. And not only did Flyers not take advantage of Sharks situation. THEY OVERPAID AND HELPED OUT THE SHARKS INSTEAD!!!

They didn’t overpay. Another team would have gladly paid that much for a full season of a top 4 RHD. Look at how much Savard cost as a rental. A team that has an asset with high value around the league is not going to struggle to move him just because they need cap space, because they will have multiple teams to chose from.

And according to some guy with your user name in the Braun trade thread, a 2nd for a 3rd pairing guy is fine.

Confirmed with Link: - Flyers Acquire Braun for 41 overall + '20 3rd

“If Braun is a 3rd pair d man the cost of a 2 for him is just fine.”

Last edited:
Reactions: deadhead

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I think so. With the rumors I wouldn’t be all too surprised if an old school GM paid their late first rounder for him. Along with us sending back a 3/4th rounder back or something like that.

Given the talk of how much interest there was around the league for him, I’d say at least a 2 was a reasonable expectation.

Absolutely he could have but Fletch has guaranteed us 5 more years of Laughton. SMH

It was rhetorical.......because I do think that would've been a very doable trade. Obviously, not all 2nds and 3rds carry the same value. But, boy, it sure would be nice to have some more chips with which to play. Marginal value rears its ugly head again.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Arvidsson and Braun were traded in different markets. Having term on a deal without getting term back is a penalty now. Unless you’re talking upper level players who never get moved to begin with

Reactions: Curufinwe

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
what if we traded laughton for a 2nd, braun for a 3rd at the deadline and then swapped that for arvidsson lmao
-then seattle does every flyer fan a favor and takes hagg
-so instead of protecting laughton (which we probably will do), we protect arvidsson instead haha.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
I’m not reading three more pages of this. Did I miss any actual news or anything?

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Portsy from Columbus thinks the flyers package could look something like Myers/Frost/wisdom/2022 first rounder.
upload_2021-7-1_16-42-44-png.450792

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
With Patrick looking like a flop I'm not sure we should be risking trading Frost off, especially since Jones won't even address the need for a 1D.
100%. If we trade frost, Myers, 1st, wisdom our whole farm is f***ed. Keep frost at all costs...i hate trading valuable prospects before they even make a name for themselves in the NHL

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
lol no, people just don't want bad moves. You're strawmanning. Fabricating a position that doesn't exist and trying to ascribe it to basically everyone here who isn't you because you seemingly believe they're a monolithic block when they're not.
People seem to think every trade suggested is a bad move unless it’s a lopsided trade that isn’t realistically going to happen.

People are balking at the idea of trading Morgan Frost for Seth Jones, for crying out loud.

It’s absurd how many people here are overrating & strongly attached to the Flyers’ young players.

BritainStix

Oct 20, 2016
People seem to think every trade suggested is a bad move unless it’s a lopsided trade that isn’t realistically going to happen.

People are balking at the idea of trading Morgan Frost for Seth Jones, for crying out loud.

It’s absurd how many people here are overrating & strongly attached to the Flyers’ young players.
Why are you like this?

Reactions: TB87
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad