2021 Roster Thread XIX - Who's In Net

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
It’s possible. I’d argue Provorov’s biggest need is just someone better offensively, with competency elsewhere, specifically as a playmaker. Jones’ playmaking is not what I’d specifically label a strength. He’s not without ability, but in recent years, he’s been increasingly settling for low danger shots. Ironically, Provorov needs a Werenski-type.
3f5ed848f029d2762f23440769ffed5d.png

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Are you bashing people for wanting good moves rather than inaction and bad moves?
What was confusing to you about my post?

People want moves, but they don’t want to trade any significant names (unless it’s Provorov or Hayes, apparently).

The only name player people seem willing to trade anything for is Eichel, & the Flyers almost certainly aren’t going to be a fit for Buffalo.

And the only UFA people want is Hamilton, who almost certainly has other teams at the top of his list, & who has questions about fit for the Flyers.

So the majority here are supporting inaction. They don’t even want to trade JVR to clear space for free agents.

Man, at some point you’ve got to take a little risk. Posters’ perceptions of players like TK, Sanheim, Myers, Frost, Patrick are based on personal attachments & hope, not reality. You’d think last season would have shown that none are essential players.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
And lose Voracek in the ED....

It's not about space but protecting players though right?

Wouldn't be a terrible strategy to lose Jake if it means you get Arvidsson as a replacement. I don't want to lose Jake, but you would have something to show for it (at the very least) to keep the team strong.

Reactions: Flyer lurker

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
We should have spent two 2nds to add another winger to this group before the ED?

Giroux-Couturier-Voracek
JVR-Hayes-Konecny
Laughton-Patrick-Farabee
Lindblom-Frost-Allison
Laczynski-NAK

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
We should have spent two 2nds+ to add another winger to this group before the ED?

Giroux-Couturier-Voracek
JVR-Hayes-Konecny
Laughton-Patrick-Farabee
Lindblom-Frost-Allison
Laczynski-NAK

I JUST WANT TO LIVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

(but forreal we didn't need a winger. Just sucks to lose out on such a good deal/player)

Reactions: flyerslducks

BritainStix

Oct 20, 2016
Wouldn't be a terrible strategy to lose Jake if it means you get Arvidsson as a replacement. I don't want to lose Jake, but you would have something to show for it (at the very least) to keep the team strong.
Or....hear me out. We protect Jake normally and don't lose him

Bigkarl

Dec 27, 2017
We should have spent two 2nds to add another winger to this group before the ED?

Giroux-Couturier-Voracek
JVR-Hayes-Konecny
Laughton-Patrick-Farabee
Lindblom-Frost-Allison
Laczynski-NAK

If JVR had gone in the ED and they whiffed on Eichel/Hamilton/etc., then sure, this would have been a reasonable move to make. Right now, it doesn’t seem like much to get worked up about.

Although, it does highlight the silliness of re-signing Laughton when they did, rather than getting the pick for him at trade deadline. These types of players do become available every offseason, despite those who say there was no other option to fill a bottom six forward other than to give Laughton a five year deal

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
If JVR had gone in the ED and they whiffed on Eichel/Hamilton/etc., then sure, this would have been a reasonable move to make. Right now, it doesn’t seem like much to get worked up about.

Although, it does highlight the silliness of re-signing Laughton when they did, rather than getting the pick for him at trade deadline. These types of players do become available every offseason, despite those who say there was no other option to fill a bottom six forward other than to give Laughton a five year deal

Very good point.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
JV 2 3
or Arviddson and 4m in cap to use on rhd.

If you had a gm you trusted you do this all day every day. The problem is I would be worried we would bring in another 3m band aid like Braun in.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014

Giroux-Couturier-Voracek
JVR-Hayes-Konecny
Laughton-Patrick-Farabee
Lindblom-Frost-Allison
Laczynski-NAK
Nonsensical. Arvidsson is not what the Flyers need to spend $4,25M in valuable cap space on for 3 years, especially right before the expansion draft. Not a fit at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad