Injury Report: 2024-2025 Kings Injury Report

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DAkings20

Kings can't score
Dec 26, 2008
Los Angeles, CA

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
Screenshot_20240927_093652_Samsung Internet.jpg

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Definitely not as bad as it could've been, but it'll be interesting to see how this affects the team right out of the gate. Starting on the road, starting a new system, a bunch of new players veteran and young and now your star defenseman is out for a couple months.

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
I had figured 8-10 weeks so 2.5 months.

I asked AI if the heal time is longer on a fracture involves surgery

View attachment 910326So 10 weeks is December 5

So he will miss all these games
View attachment 910327 View attachment 910328
and then he should be back for
View attachment 910329
View attachment 910330
View attachment 910331
I think that timeline works for a civilian, but a pro hockey player, they will take longer because they have build up strength/muscle in the effected leg to get it back to par before letting him play in games. I say he gets on the ice after that timeline, doesnt see games for another 3-4 weeks. They will also look at how much swelling he gets after skating/practicing.. if it keeps blowing up, he'll have to go slower until it all calms down.

tigermask48

Maniacal Laugh
Mar 10, 2004
R'Lyeh, Antarctica
I think that timeline works for a civilian, but a pro hockey player, they will take longer because they have build up strength/muscle in the effected leg to get it back to par before letting him play in games. I say he gets on the ice after that timeline, doesnt see games for another 3-4 weeks. They will also look at how much swelling he gets after skating/practicing.. if it keeps blowing up, he'll have to go slower until it all calms down.
While this sentence is true, pro athletes tend to heal slightly faster because they are in better shape than the average civilian. From my experience it tends to even out, the athlete has a longer recovery to playing games but heals a little quicker. Although will Doughty, age becomes a factor.

Reactions: AbsentMojo

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Normal break is 6 weeks. I gave him 4 more to condition

Also remember that he will have professionals training and monitoring him

Last edited:

Chazz Reinhold

Sep 6, 2005
The Stanley Cup
While this sentence is true, pro athletes tend to heal slightly faster because they are in better shape than the average civilian. From my experience it tends to even out, the athlete has a longer recovery to playing games but heals a little quicker. Although will Doughty, age becomes a factor.
Pro athletes also have access to treatment and rehab that the average person doesn’t. That’s a pretty big part of pro athletes recovering more quickly than you or I might.

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
let's also keep in mind drew isn't a spring chicken anymore AND 'back to playing' for Doughty isn't just getting him some bottom pairing minutes, this is a guy who needs to be able to go 25+ minutes a game. I'm all for them being thoughtful and cautious with that because we know he and the coaches won't be able to help themselves.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
It's concerning that they're saying he broke his ankle rather than his leg. I broke my fibula back in 2014, slightly above the ankle, and it was ~2 months before I could walk, let alone run or play any sports. I was told I was lucky I broke my leg instead of my ankle, as the ankle takes longer to heal and recover from.

I'm not a doctor, and I'm obviously not a professional athlete either, but I am the same age as Drew. Recovery 10 years ago sucked, I bet it'd be a lot worse today.

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
It's concerning that they're saying he broke his ankle rather than his leg. I broke my fibula back in 2014, slightly above the ankle, and it was ~2 months before I could walk, let alone run or play any sports. I was told I was lucky I broke my leg instead of my ankle, as the ankle takes longer to heal and recover from.

I'm not a doctor, and I'm obviously not a professional athlete either, but I am the same age as Drew. Recovery 10 years ago sucked, I bet it'd be a lot worse today.
I fractured my ankle, tore all of the ligaments in it and sprained my knee all at the same time when I was 18. I had surgery to repair it and was in a cast for 3 months, and a walking boot for 6. I was bruised, swollen and sore for a year afterwards. I did not feel normal for about two years even with physical therapy 3 days a week. I’m still stiff and have a ton of scar tissue until this day and I’m 41. I know Doughty is an athlete but he’s 30+. I guess we’ll see how he recovers.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
I fractured my ankle, tore all of the ligaments in it and sprained my knee all at the same time when I was 18. I had surgery to repair it and was in a cast for 3 months, and a walking boot for 6. I was bruised, swollen and sore for a year afterwards. I did not feel normal for about two years even with physical therapy 3 days a week. I’m still stiff and have a ton of scar tissue until this day and I’m 41. I know Doughty is an athlete but he’s 30+. I guess we’ll see how he recovers.

Damn, that's sound like an astro turf injury the NFL guys used to get in the 80's .😱

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
Damn, that's sound like an astro turf injury the NFL guys used to get in the 80's .😱
Wasn’t turf but a super muddy field, to hell with those Valley schools! Had a lineman land on me and twist my ankle/foot. Imagine your palm flush with your forearm. I had my own cleat marks on my calf. Don’t know how I escaped with no Achilles injury. I also played the next two weeks of the football playoffs with my foot basically detached and just held in place by muscle and skin.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad