Rumor: Zadorov has rejected a 4.5m x 4/5 yr offer from Canucks, Both sides want to get a deal done asap

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
my only quibble is that both Z and Myers are big guys that play big in playoffs. but they have to restrict their playstyle to playoffs because of the toll it places on their body, both will be 30+. But you pay them because this is a unique attribute that only they bring, and its incredibly valuable. Both him and Myers actually want to play in Vancouver over anywhere else all things being equal.

Can you have 2 top4 D that play at sub optimal levels during the first 82 games? that is the tough question.

Tact

Jul 9, 2006
Zadorov’s ceiling in free agency is the Myers contract imo. 6Mx5

I think 4.5x8 or 4.75x7 works for me

Yultron

Apr 18, 2017
Signing Zadorov and letting Hronek walk seems like a decision they'll regret for years

They haven't even seen him give up and start whining yet.

Hronek is not unrestricted, he’s restricted so the Canucks can Match any offer sheet that comes their way

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
Zadorov doesn’t have the upper hand. If it’s not an 8 year deal, and he loves Vancouver they can call his bluff, let him test free agency and see everyone whose offering 6X6 will be teams he won’t want to play for. Canucks can then lowball him back to 4-4.5 range and they know he wants to be there.

Reactions: Canucks LB

DeltaSwede

Jun 15, 2011
Gbg
I get the posters that are raising a finger of warning for the Canucks on this deal. I'm usually more pessimistic myself but on this one I really don't mind the Canucks going long-term. I've become team Z big time.

It felt like something got unlocked within Zadorov this season. He was excellent for the Canucks and you can't help but buy into the idea that he has another step or two to take even yet.

We gush over them a lot but the Canucks coaching staff has done some really impressive development work with a lot of that d-core this season. Myers went from universally mocked and hated to celebrated and most want him extended. Z is in good hands here.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Every team has someone overpaid on the roster, thats just the business. The key is to have other players on a team friendly deal. With the Canucks, those players are Hughes, Miller and Demko. This will allow them to overpay a bit on other players, and a player like Z is definitely the type of player you wouldnt mind overpaying.

I think this is all moot tho and Z doesnt sign anywhere near 6 mil.

I dont think he makes it to free agency and he gives the Canucks a team friendly deal that starts with a 5.

Comparables would be someone like:

Lindell 5.8
Cernak 5.2
Oleksiak : 4.6
Graves: 4.5
I used these comps minus Lindell for Scott Mayfield last year and why I was happy with him at 3.5

Zadorov should get 5 easy

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
I get the posters that are raising a finger of warning for the Canucks on this deal. I'm usually more pessimistic myself but on this one I really don't mind the Canucks going long-term. I've become team Z big time.

It felt like something got unlocked within Zadorov this season. He was excellent for the Canucks and you can't help but buy into the idea that he has another step or two to take even yet.

We gush over them a lot but the Canucks coaching staff has done some really impressive development work with a lot of that d-core this season. Myers went from universally mocked and hated to celebrated and most want him extended. Z is in good hands here.

Brendan Smith had a good playoffs with NYR and got overpaid . Happens all the time

gianni

Apr 8, 2014
4.5m is a fair offer. As good as he was in the playoffs, the regular season is what determines whether you're in the post-season or not, and so far he's shown to be a 20ish point player.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
6M or even somewhat close to that would be a brutal contract

I dont think 6mil puts it in "brutal category"

He should get around 5.25-5.5

Getting paid 6 and being 500k over paid is not brutal.

Darnell Nurse making 9 and being over paid by like 3-4 million is " brutal contract"

thrillhous

Jan 5, 2006
Please do it Canucks. Sign Lindholm too. Do everything you can to keep the band together.

Crosscrease14

Dec 16, 2014
He's a premium 3rd pair defender coming off a strong playoffs. 6M is insane and 5m is an overpay imo. He brings a unique physical element but that contract could turn downhill quickly.

I think a lot went right for the Canucks this year and I'm not sure it's worth it to keep everything together if you need to overpay with term..

I'm not convinced the Canucks are a slam dunk playoff team next year but we'll see how the offseason goes.

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Rejected 4.5!? Way too much money for that knucklehead, hard pass. Not a penny more than 4M.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad