Rumor: Zadorov has rejected a 4.5m x 4/5 yr offer from Canucks, Both sides want to get a deal done asap

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

strattonius

Jul 4, 2011
Surrey, BC
How many goals Zadorov scored in the playoffs is definitely going to color the perceptions of how the player is viewed.

Were there any Canucks fans stating Zadorov absolutely needed to be brought back at $5 million dollars or more BEFORE the playoffs started?

I've watched the guy play extensively for the last few years in Calgary, and would absolutely not want him on the Oilers at the price tag he is asking. I see him as a Ceci/Kulak level defenceman. No point in backing up the brinks truck for that.

There is a reason the guy played third pairing minutes for much of the year in Vancouver. He's not that good.

Hughes
Hronek
Soucy
Zadorov
Myers
Cole

That's probably the consensus 'best to worst' list of defenseman on the Canucks this year. Soucy, Zadorov and Myers are interchangeable depending on who you ask. S

Zadorov's minutes started to ramp up and his play was noticeably good with Tocchet towards thenend of the year. Then of course he was a physical force for us in the playoffs.

You're definitely right that he is going to be overpaid no matter where he goes but I think this is a player Alvin will splurge a bit on. His post whistle and media swagger has our fans a bit hazed over.

Gordian Knot

Jul 3, 2016
Guy is going with big paycheck to Toronto. He is what Treliving and Berube want to have in their blueline and Zad knows this. Los Angeles could also make good offer.

Expecting minimum 5.5 M x 6, he is totally cashing his small personal playoff success, his last and only possibility.

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018

Zadorov at $6m x 6y would be worse. Do it!
🤣

I don't like the deal but it absolutely would not be worse.

Big, bottom pairing D with grit and intangibles? Thats both of them, I'll take the one that costs 3.5m less.

Reactions: PavelBure10

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
he is what every team needs in the playoffs. 6x6 is not the end of the world in a rising cap situation. if Allvin can negotiate it to a 6x3 would be ideal.

Fist of Fury

Wang Chung
Jul 24, 2011
he is what every team needs in the playoffs. 6x6 is not the end of the world in a rising cap situation. if Allvin can negotiate it to a 6x3 would be ideal.
I think Zad's want more years at this point of his career. I like him as a player.

Reinhart

Jun 13, 2011
I can see him going to Utah on a high dollar/low term deal. They intend to be players, so it wouldn't be shocking to see Zadorov end up there in the end.

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
Manitoba
Really hoping for 5.5 X 5 yrs.

What about the 3rd pair dman nurse at 9.5
Anyone who legitimately believes Nurse is a 3rd pairing defenseman in the NHL is a fool.

Unfortunately, he has been paired with 3rd pairing defenseman his entire career.

Of course his contract is bad though.

Vivaldi

May 18, 2024
Watching Edmonton fans try to clown on Zadorov after they playoffs him and Nurse had head to head is hilarious. Zadorov is what they actually pretended what Nurse was when he signed that extension, and he's gonna make what all other fans thought the real Nurse (not pretend Nurse) would have been worth.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
I'm willing to "downgrade" and let Z walk if the Canucks can sign Dillon and the difference and savings is more than 2.5mil AAV between both their new contracts.

Allocating that 2.5mil to improve the forward core could be very valuable to the Canucks who was icing Pius Suter and Ilya Mikhayev in the top 6 during the playoffs.

For instance, if your asking me if id rather have

A) Zadorov at 5.75 mil

or

B) Dillon 3mil, Duclair 3mil

I'll take B all day

Vivaldi

May 18, 2024
Its weird how people are completely locked into what Zadorov was through his mid 20s as opposed to what he is now, when everyone knows that defensemen often work their defensive issues out in their late 20s after simply getting a decade of NHL experience to chew on. Yet everyone is willing to see Forsling as a top 10 D now despite him being a journeyman until a couple years ago. Somehow JT Miller is no longer the Bozo he was with Tampa and New York. I don't think Vancouver, Toronto or any team that needs him would regret paying him something like 5.5x6 or 5.25x7 for most of that contract. Its pretty clear he can be part of a very formidable and painful to play against second pairing that does more than just be there and eat minutes if you just slot him with a decent two way top 4 D. plus being a clear Orpik style locker room leader.

Last edited:

nergish

Jun 1, 2019
You definitely want to proceed with caution when talking longterm deals, but man was this guy good for us.

I have a buddy that hadn’t been following the league for about 10 years. Big Z on the Nucks got him reinvested.

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
Its weird how people are completely locked into what Zadorov was through his mid 20s as opposed to what he is now,
You mean how locked onto what Zadorov was through his entire career with the exception of the last 3 weeks of this past season?

Someone is going to overpay Zadorov badly for his playoff run, and I'm going to laugh.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad