your team's top 10 prospects

LazyCircuits

Dec 14, 2019
Europia
The Columbus board votes annually and came up with this list but where is the gun in agreeing with the consensus?

I will count someone in their first NHL season as a prospect so no Cole
Sillinger, Nick Blankenburg or Daniil Tarasov.

1. Kent Johnson
2. David Jiricek
3. Kirill Marchenko
4. Denton Mateychuk
5. Jordan Dumais (I love this guy but he is the ultimate boom or bust swing for the fences)
6. Stanislav Svozil
7. Corson Ceulemans
8. Dimitri Voronkov
9. Luca Del Bel Belluz
10. James Malatesta

When you factor in the near certainty of a top five draft pick coming up, the future seems bright with a good prospect pool.

CBJx614

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 25, 2012
C-137
The Columbus board votes annually and came up with this list but where is the gun in agreeing with the consensus?

1. Kent Johnson
2. David Jiricek
3. Kirill Marchenko
4. Denton Mateychuk
5. Jordan Dumais (I love this guy but he is the ultimate boom or bust swing for the fences)
6. Stanislav Svozil
7. Corson Ceulemans
8. Dimitri Voronkov
9. Luca Del Bel Belluz
10. James Malatesta

When you factor in the near certainty of a top five draft pick coming up, the future seems bright with a good prospect pool.
I would probably technically add Tarasov to that list, I think he's qualified as a rookie still, but also gotta factor in young guys who are just barely too experienced to qualify like Chinakov, Bemstrom, Peeke and Boqvist. Definitely a bright future.

I would probably put Svozil and Voronkov ahead of Dumais, as I personally weight their chances of not only making the NHL but making an impact in the NHL ahead of Dumais.

Reactions: Tube Skates

Tube Skates

May 12, 2016
I would probably technically add Tarasov to that list, I think he's qualified as a rookie still, but also gotta factor in young guys who are just barely too experienced to qualify like Chinakov, Bemstrom, Peeke and Boqvist. Definitely a bright future.

I would probably put Svozil and Voronkov ahead of Dumais, as I personally weight their chances of not only making the NHL but making an impact in the NHL ahead of Dumais.
Ya Tarasov and I’m surprised Blankenburg isn’t making the CLB lists

CBJx614

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 25, 2012
C-137
He's played well, it's just an extremely small sample size, made even smaller by all his injuries. So most of us are hesitant to say he's a bonafide top 4 Dman even though the skill is there.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
I have Buffalo's as:

1. Kulich
2. Levi
3. Rosen
4. Savoie
5. Johnson
6. Ostlund
7. Portillo
8. Neuchev
9. Nadeau
10. Biro

I think Ostlund's potential is much higher than Johnson, but Johnson appears to be an almost certain NHLer.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

1. Kent Johnson
2. David Jiricek
3. Kirill Marchenko
4. Denton Mateychuk
6. Stanislav Svozil
7. Corson Ceulemans
8. Dimitri Voronkov
9. Luca Del Bel Belluz
10. James Malatesta

I like the list. Hard to argue with Svozil jumping up.

I'd probably have a lot more guys ahead of Malatesta. Kirill Dolzhenkov and Guillaume Richard come to mind.

We all voted him in in the summer list. Some folks are just leaving out Blankenburg because they don't consider him eligible. For me he's easily one of the Jackets best prospects if he's eligible.

Reactions: CBJx614

LazyCircuits

Dec 14, 2019
Europia
I like the list. Hard to argue with Svozil jumping up.

I'd probably have a lot more guys ahead of Malatesta. Kirill Dolzhenkov and Guillaume Richard come to mind.

We all voted him in in the summer list. Some folks are just leaving out Blankenburg because they don't consider him eligible. For me he's easily one of the Jackets best prospects if he's eligible.

Yeah, I am being harsh and counting Blankenburg as ineligible becauyhe played at the end of last season. I really like him a lot though.

I also really like Malatesta and I think he has a high floor. He won’t ever be a star but he could be a great bottom six buzzsaw.

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
Not in any particular order after Stankoven. The top 4 are pretty nice. There are some depth pieces that will probably surprise as well. Dallas has come a long way since those god awful 2014 and 2016 drafts.

Johnston, Lundkvist - graduated

1 Stankoven
2 Harley
3 Bourque
4 Bichsel
5 Blumel
6 Damiani
7 Kyrou
8 Martino
9 Arcuri
10 Stranges
HM Grushnikov

CBJx614

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 25, 2012
C-137
Yeah, I am being harsh and counting Blankenburg as ineligible becauyhe played at the end of last season. I really like him a lot though.

I also really like Malatesta and I think he has a high floor. He won’t ever be a star but he could be a great bottom six buzzsaw.
Blanks has a whopping 14 NHL games played. He's technically still a rookie.

MichaelFarrell

Aug 29, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
Penguins:
1. Owen Pickering
2. Sam Poulin
3. Joel Blomqvist
4. Tristin Broz
5. Valtteri Puustinen
6. Sergei Murashev
7. Issac Beliveau
8. Nathan Lagare
9. Zam Plante
10. Kirill Tankov

(PO Joe graduated, O’Conner played over 25 games)
It’s not looking great. Hopefully we get some decent players in this year’s draft.

Last edited:
Reactions: neelynugs

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
We did a fan poll in the offseason but a number of the Top 10 are playing full time with the Jets now and seem like they're up to stay. Perfetti finished 1st, Samberg was 3rd. Gustafsson and Barron were 10th and 11th and are also full time NHLers now. Heinola's only up with the Jets because of injuries so I'll leave him on the list:

Ville Heinola - D - 2019
Rutger McGroarty - F - 2022
Brad Lambert - F - 2022
Chaz Lucius - F - 2021
Nikita Chibrikov - F - 2021
Declan Chisholm - D - 2018
Dmitri Rashevsky - F - 2021
Daniel Torgersson - F - 2020
Elias Salomonsson - D - 2022
Leon Gawanke - D - 2017

Reactions: neelynugs

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
missing some teams, winnipeg, isles, flyers, penguins, panthers, lightning, oilers, vegas.

anyone wanna chime in? @Gm0ney @xECK29x @MiamiScreamingEagles @KareemTrustfund @SoupyFIN @HanTykje @The Nuge @CGK

merry new year.
For Isles its:

1) Aatu Räty
2) William Dufour
3) Simon Holmström
4) Robin Salo
5) Samuel Bolduc
6) Ruslan Iskhakov
7) Calle Odelius
8) Isaiah George
9) Eetu Liukas
10) Arnaud Durandeau

This is mainly our boards consensus from the beginning of the year but I swapped Isk and Durandeau.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
We did a fan poll in the offseason but a number of the Top 10 are playing full time with the Jets now and seem like they're up to stay. Perfetti finished 1st, Samberg was 3rd. Gustafsson and Barron were 10th and 11th and are also full time NHLers now. Heinola's only up with the Jets because of injuries so I'll leave him on the list:

Ville Heinola - D - 2019
Rutger McGroarty - F - 2022
Brad Lambert - F - 2022
Chaz Lucius - F - 2021
Nikita Chibrikov - F - 2021
Declan Chisholm - D - 2018
Dmitri Rashevsky - F - 2021
Daniel Torgersson - F - 2020
Elias Salomonsson - D - 2022
Leon Gawanke - D - 2017
how would you adjust it now? and what's your thoughts on kuzmin?

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
:blues

1 Jimmy Snuggerud
2 Zachary Bolduc
3 Jake Neighbours
4 Joel Hofer
5 Nikita Alexandrov
6 Matt Kessel
7 Tyler Tucker
8 Vadim Zherenko
9 Michael Buchinger
10 Arseny Koromyslov

HM: Aleksanteri Kaskimaki, Simon Robertsson, Tanner Dickinson, Leo Loof, Marc-Andre Gaudet

Graduated: Scott Perunovich, Alexei Toropchenko

The Blues better hope they get a good return for ROR and Tarasenko. They need to add to this badly.

DutchNYR

May 6, 2018
Schneider is at 78 games. He’s definitely not a prospect anymore.

I’d argue the 25 game mark is valid, so Jones and Kravtsov aren’t anymore either.

Not just that, but Schneider is arguably the best player on that list as well.

Kaners PPGs

Jun 2, 2012
Chicagoland (Tinley Park)
For Isles its:

1) Aatu Räty
2) William Dufour
3) Simon Holmström
4) Robin Salo
5) Samuel Bolduc
6) Ruslan Iskhakov
7) Calle Odelius
8) Isaiah George
9) Eetu Liukas
10) Arnaud Durandeau

This is mainly our boards consensus from the beginning of the year but I swapped Isk and Durandeau.
What can you tell us about Dufour? I don't see him discussed much. What kind of comp does he have?

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
What can you tell us about Dufour? I don't see him discussed much. What kind of comp does he have?
Still kind of unsure, his skating is heavy but workable and he has an NHL size and shot with average hockey sense. He can play different roles and I think he will improve his already average two-way game but his shot is one of the best in the Isles org already and that’s what we badly need, pure scorer. Bailey and Palmieri will age out so there is a spot for him once he can improve his skating.

Reactions: Kaners PPGs

oldwpgjet

Apr 11, 2021
Random comments
1. Putting Conner Bedard in your prospect list is just stupid.
2. It should be a top 5 list because most bottom 5 is a lot of trash I've never heard of or want to and when there is ( worthy), it would just create an interesting buzz that they belonged in top 5.
3. Sabres have a not bad list ( top 5)
lol

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Random comments
1. Putting Conner Bedard in your prospect list is just stupid.
2. It should be a top 5 list because most bottom 5 is a lot of trash I've never heard of or want to and when there is ( worthy), it would just create an interesting buzz that they belonged in top 5.

It's just not for you. I know every player in some team's 6-10, sometimes that is where it gets interesting.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
how would you adjust it now? and what's your thoughts on kuzmin?
Kuzmin was 15th in our offseason poll. So he'd be 11th with the grads off the list. I think the consensus was he had a good 2021-22 in Flint but not much buzz about this season so far.

I would drop Lambert down a bit - he's got all kinds of talent hasn't displayed that he's got the hockey IQ and personality/work ethic to make it in the NHL. He's young, but those kind of issues typically don't go away.

Chisholm's had a rough start with the Moose this year too, so he maybe sinks a bit as well. Gawanke's been good and moves up.

Rashevsky had a big year in 2021-22 and continues to score well this season in the K, so he climbs into the Top 5.

1. Heinola
2. McGroarty
3. Lucius
4. Rashevsky
5. Lambert
6. Chibrikov
7. Gawanke
8. Salomonsson
9. Chisholm
10. Torgersson
(11. Kuzmin)

Reactions: hn777 and neelynugs